Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Corrupted Textures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corrupted Textures
    Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:59pm
Hey Every1, Lately my ps3 has been acting funny with UT3. the textures on the walls weapons and some other things sometimes go really White! and it making me quite worried if my PS3 is gona YLOD or something....... any1 else had problems lyk this?

medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 5:08pm
headshot,      only problem i have had is random disconnects from psn.......try a different tv and see if it is better.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 7:43pm
this has happened to me before , where the walls of the levels are really bright and have a blurry bright colour effect when u move thru a level (its almsot blinding in some levels) All i did was restart the ps3 after turning it off for a few mins and it was fixed, i really dont know why it does this but its happened 3 times to me and all three times it was fixed by doing this, hope this helps

ffrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ffrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 3:52am
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

Hey Every1, Lately my ps3 has been acting funny with UT3. the textures on the walls weapons and some other things sometimes go really White! and it making me quite worried if my PS3 is gona YLOD or something....... any1 else had problems lyk this?

I hate to say it but that sounds like the beginning of the end mate. From what I've read on this kind of error, after experiencing it myself, its because the graphics chip is overheating. There are many factors which can contribute to this. Basically, the more times the console heats up for a prolonged time the solder points will be stressed and made weaker when they cool down, eventually a few solder points/contacts break away from the main board, the result is a YLOD scenario.

It's hard to say how long the console will last. The same thing happened to me last year with my 60gb launch version. I really pushed my PS3 to the limits in it's final weeks. I left it on, paused, for over two days purely by accident, and when playing another time I didn't switch it off for almost four days. Several times I got graphical errors and eventually the game I was playing locked up, at which point I simply flicked the rear on/off switch (yeah I know a BIG no no) instead of properly shutting down. I then went through a severe DM phase on UT3 and would be playing for at least 4-6 hours a day, at this point my machine locked up anywhere from once to +5 times a day! In all honestly I ignored this and carried on regardless... my PS3 died, during a DM (lol) in April this year... at least it went out doing what I love! hahah!

Any way ... what version of console do you have? If it's an original 60gb launch model you'll be on thin ice as to how long it will last. If it's a newer console then I'd be inclined to take out the extended play warranty that $ony offer, you can sign up through your account via the PS3 network online. Or trade it in at somewhere like Game for a brand new one, depending on which version you have you can save up to 50% on a new PS3.

There are a number of amateur and quick fixes you can do to the PS3 but none will really last in my opinion.

iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 6:48am
It's the 80GB model with only 2 usb ports. i got it for christmas last year :S so its not even a year old!!! i got the extented warranty so im covered if it does break
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:32am
Fix:

Snap yo disk in half, and tape it back together and ut3 should work fine.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 4:44pm
yo headshot do you have any character mods i know when i had them they made every thing from time to time go really bright. if you do have character mods delete them and you should be fine
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
AK-47_Zero1256k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_Zero1256k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 2:30am
I had the same probles with my ps3 but i only restart the PS3 and the problem is fixed, my ps3 was freeze while playing twice(in different years) becouse is overheating but i just wait for a while ( 30 min. or more) and then i can play again (but i didnt want do it in that times XD) my ps3 have almost 3 years maybe you must not play to much XD that will help to prolong the live of the PS3 just ask to the xbox360 owner jejeje just kiding
What, the hellbender is a sh¡t? I´ll make you think twice about it
 Post Reply Post Reply