Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

warfare is back!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: warfare is back!!!!!!!
    Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 5:34pm
when i was forced to leave for my short while, i noticed that warfare had nothing there. now that im back i see a lot of servers finally filling up there. so since this is my favorate mode id like to start warfare nights or set up times so all of us warfare players can all meet up at certain times like in the past. ive been running into nootsac like every other game so i know hes down and told me hes trying to get some of the old gow back onto ps3. i was thinking the same old times, around 9pm'ish just like the old days. but it doesnt matter to me as ill be online around 4pm usaully playing duel and DM, so thats where ill be found. i really miss all those great games we always had and would really like to see all of that come back. i know i get tired of playing vctf, the mode is a f***ing joke and cant stand all the gay a** camping it supports. so why dont all of us "real" vehicle mode players bring back the true life of our beloved vehicle modes once again. cant wait to back into the real ut3 action once again Smile

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:32pm

its official this game is digital crack XD

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

when i was forced to leave for my short while, i noticed that warfare had nothing there. now that im back i see a lot of servers finally filling up there. so since this is my favorate mode id like to start warfare nights or set up times so all of us warfare players can all meet up at certain times like in the past. ive been running into nootsac like every other game so i know hes down and told me hes trying to get some of the old gow back onto ps3. i was thinking the same old times, around 9pm'ish just like the old days. but it doesnt matter to me as ill be online around 4pm usaully playing duel and DM, so thats where ill be found. i really miss all those great games we always had and would really like to see all of that come back. i know i get tired of playing vctf, the mode is a f***ing joke and cant stand all the gay a** camping it supports. so why dont all of us "real" vehicle mode players bring back the true life of our beloved vehicle modes once again. cant wait to back into the real ut3 action once again Smile

Envy, there are a lot of warfare matches going on at all parts of the day except for early in the morning. We have had some all-star type matches almost weekly for the past few months.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:42pm
well hopefully im good enough to make one of those some day. ive always dreamed about being good at and playing with the best in warfare. ill be practicing everyday to up my chances...

and lol yingyang

EnVy must be earned"
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:46pm

well hopefully im good enough to make one of those some day. ive always dreamed about being good at and playing with the best in warfare. ill be practicing everyday to up my chances...

and lol yingyang

Oh shut up! We're all happy you are back. Now you and Migz can discuss cats again.
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:48pm
warfare never left. the people did. iAM hits it up at least twice a week
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:50pm
so lets get this **** rolling asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

EnVy must be earned"
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 7:53pm

so lets get this **** rolling asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, where were you, we already finished downtown. You're missing out big time. lol.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 8:05pm
im out of town until late sat or sun, business trip ftw...

EnVy must be earned"
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:01pm
Hate to say this, but the warfare servers are some sh*t. Just a bunch of noobs & newbies. If you looking for a real match like back in the day, then host a private game and invite the best warfare players you know. Or you can ask anyone who has a server to lock it down for a private game just like clan matches only for warfare. Last night, I was in a scrim match with JP, Bain, Cokkenballs, ZodiacX and iAM_OMNIMENT (spelling). It was an intense game. It last like an hour in one match (Downtown)
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:21pm
well hopefully i allowed to play in some of those, who do i have to impress? but who hosts them, is it a dedicated or off of someones elses host?

EnVy must be earned"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:41pm
Ah f*** Warfare  that mode sux Greed is where it's at

(oh and by the way the Art of War By Sun Tzu is only $3.99 on amazon.com read it, it's a good bookLOL)
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:51pm
Are u guys like serious. From 7PM to 10PM central lastnight there was 7 people playing warfar in 3 servers pretty well much all night.

What has picked up is the TDM mode. There was 2 full servers lastnight with a 3rd one building.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:09am
as far as i see it, all the modes have picked up. it seems there are more and more players new and old being active. thats all cool and all, makes me want to play them all. but i have to say that warfare is my true love in this game. ive been seeing more fuller servers as of late. a total flip flop from when i left. at one point it was deader than duel. so now that there is a spark, i want to support it as much as possible and do what i can to encurage game play there. and dont worry guys, i wont yell at you lol. ill leave my mic off if i start getting pissed at you or myself ~.^

EnVy must be earned"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:01am
To be honest ATX, I've been thinking about getting warfare back up and running again. From what I have gathered the hot seller is getting a private room and setting a game up, invite your friends in and get it going just like Oneman says. iAM has hosted warfare practice up this way where we have iAMs warfare team on one side and randoms on the other, for our practice and it's fun and intense. I was wanting to ask the "public" what they think would work, or what they want in a warfare match. 
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:21am
the "public" says to play on more custom maps like the one with the vegas theme and poker table , those GOW maps are alot of fun =)

GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:26am
Stock maps 4 life.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 2:08am

sweet jp, thanx!! i guess we need to chat about it or maybe you can just invite me to the next ones if thats ok. also i have to agree with ghost here, i do like the stock maps the best. imo they are simply basic layouts and perfect grounds for warfare. some of the custom maps also just look second rate in quality. either most of the custom maps have bad texturing, or the layouts are just plain silly. but i do find that one map, cant remember the name right off hand. the one where it was all in the sky, nothing but avrils, jump pads, raptors, cicaidas was one of teh sickest ideas of a warfare map ive seen. to bad it lagged out half way through the map and in the middle of the action. i wish one day i can play that map without problems, i really do. maybe noot has an answer to this??

and damn, jp and ghost tie the record as having the biggest sigs in ut3 history lol

EnVy must be earned"
MrPaWwEeZy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrPaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:35am
lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by yingyangin

the "public" says to play on more custom maps like the one with the vegas theme and poker table , those GOW maps are alot of fun =)
One of the problems with putting those maps on a Pub server is that people will vote for them even when they don't have them downloaded. Half of the players then get kicked from the server, the other half then leaves and the server is stuck on that map. Then no one plays on that server until it is reset. And I agree with Envy, the stock maps are good, balanced and offer the most competitive play.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by BAIN

Originally posted by yingyangin

One of the problems with putting those maps on a Pub server is that people will vote for them even when they don't have them downloaded. Half of the players then get kicked from the server, the other half then leaves and the server is stuck on that map. Then no one plays on that server until it is reset. And I agree with Envy, the stock maps are good, balanced and offer the most competitive play.

u rite ;(

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:02pm
But hosting them on your PS3 if you have a good connection would be cool. And Darakoom has a dedicated custom map server set up. just make sure you have the maps. He's got a thread listing them somewhere.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by BAIN

But hosting them on your PS3 if you have a good connection would be cool. And Darakoom has a dedicated custom map server set up. just make sure you have the maps. He's got a thread listing them somewhere.

i havent played ut3 in almost 2 weeks, maybe ill hit up that custom server , thanks , btw that farmer catch u on his property again? LOL

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:11pm
With the formation of eMp, the return of GOW and the existing clans like iAM, TRU and ckc, maybe we can get this mode going again like the good old days of November when I first started playing Warfare.
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 12:58pm
what we need to do is start using the iAM warfare ladder after WOPR tweaks it a little bit. He might actually be moving it over to Fragged nation where it has been very successful in every gametype on the PC. They actaully give caszh prizes at the end of every season to the winning teams. It keeps it interesting and gives u something to actually shoot for. I mean if there are WAR clan matches happening there should be no reason why they arent being recorded on the ladder . Either way once WOPR decides on what he is doing with the ladder the beginning of Warfare Season ONE will begin!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>