| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Key Mods to Have

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Key Mods to Have
    Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 9:34pm
*Note: For Game Type mods: all players MUST have the mod to be able to join these matches. All other mods will Auto-Download to ur PS3 so only the host will need the mod.

Anti-Idle mod can be found here:
this mod kicks players who are inactive for two minutes. the user is given a warning before they are kicked.

Bombing Run Game Type can be found here:
In this awesome and addictive game type both teams seek possession of a single Orb. The Orb carriers goal is to take the Orb to the enemy goal. You can also "pass" the Orb to your allies to keep it away from the enemy.
Only Bombing Run (BR) maps are compatible with this Game type. Follow this link to get Bombing Run maps: http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/BOMBING%20RUN%20MAPS?max-results=10

All Over DM Game Type can be found here:
this mod allows u to play Deathmatch in ANY UT3 map. very usefull for clans who want to set up gameplans for certain maps as they are able to talk to their whole team since no one is divided into teams. if u get this map, b sure to download DM Hoverboard for more realistic movement around VCTF and WAR maps

DM Hoverboard mod can be found here:
the actual link for the download is toward the bottom of the page (the third post up from the bottom to be exact).
*Note: This is NOT the UBERBOARD this is the Stock Hoverboard that u use in VCTF and Warfare. Very usefull with AllOverDM mod.

GOW Justice mod can be found for download here:
this mod evens out teams, essentially to prevent stacking. at the end of each map it rearranges the teams by moving playes to different teams based on their points, the link to this mod also has an example picture of how this is done so check it out if theres any confusion.

Spectator mod can be found here:
this can be a very handy mod. it allows players to enter a match as a spectator and watch all the carnage unfold. To use this mod, host a match with this mod and MAKE SURE that u have a password (DONT USE NUMBERS! ONLY LETTERS) players who wish to play simply insert the password in LOWER CASE letters. Players who wish to spectate MUST insert the password in ALL CAPS. For Example: lets say i want to enter as a spectator into a match and the host makes the password hello
To Spectate: i would insert password HELLO
To Play: i would insert password hello

To Download Directly To PS3
For mods from the GOW site:
if u want to dowlnoad directly to the ps3 , move ur cursor over the "Download PS3 Version" press triangle on ur controler and go to "Save Target As" option. ull need some form of storage device plugged in to ur ps3 so it can save, then just pop in ut3, and upload it. Even if u r downloadin the mod from ur PC for the PS# version of ut3, ALWAYS click the PS3 Version
For mods from UT3MOD.com:
click on "PS3 download link" and select the storage device that u have inserted in ur PS3 and save it. then go into ut3 and upload it.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:16pm
All over DM is also good for exploring the large warfare and vctf maps. Just go to Instant action and set up a game without bots. Also check out the PC Speed X mod at ut3mod.com. Experience the game at the speed that it was designed to be played at.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:25pm
gOoD LoOk on tha mOds, all are very useful!
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:48pm
Wow, awesome post TX.  Thanks much!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:53pm
i dont know if anyone is interested, but if u ever want to play Last Man Standing, the Gametype can be found here:
http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/01/game-types-elimination.html

Anybody that joins a server running this game type will automatically download the game type to their PS3, just like a mutator. It will take a bit longer to download than a mutator because it is a larger file than a mutator. To run a server or play offline with this game type you need to download and install this mod to your PS3.

When setting up a game with this game type, make sure to change the settings on the "Settings" page to your liking before starting.
Settings:
Goal Score: This sets the number of lives each player gets.
Force Respawn:
Set to "Yes" gives each player Full weapons and ammo, but no weapon pickups on the map.
Set to "No" gives each player default weapon loadouts and weapon pickups are available on the map. Elimination game type always forces respawn regardless of what this is set to.

The top right hud shows "lives left" instead of score.

If you join a game that has already started you start as a spectator until the next round.
When you loose all your lives you become a spectator. Below is a description of what some of the buttons do when you are spectator.
R1: Camera goes to player in 1st place.
R2: Camera goes to the next player that is alive with each press.
L1: Changes camera to free mode.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 1:30am
WOW.. this is an amazing thread.  Great work guys.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 1:37pm
Nice stuff. Good job.
-ZerO+ View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote -ZerO+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 10:43am
im with bain a must have Mod is PcXSpeed its the way its ment to be b=played hope to c you in a pcx room some day everyone
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:09pm
man there's nothing more thrilling than the adrenaline pulse pounding PCX speed mod in Rising Sun to get ur heart trip hamering lol
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 10:44pm

this is just a bump guys, make sure u try out these mods, they make for some very fun games.

For u clan guys out there: Ever wanted to record ur match so that u guys can post it online or study it after the game to make improvements? be sure to get the Spectator mod, the link and usage instructions are posted above.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 10:58pm

Im gonna add some good maps to have (especially for u clan guys out there, since ive heard a lot of interest about holding clan matches with all custom maps)

VCTF:
Megastructure_SE:

The Conundrum:

Avalanche V2:

Off The Rails:

Luracia:

Deathmatch:
Grand Diablo:

Necris Island:
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 2:59pm
BOMBING RUN is fun as hell. It's like basketbal with the orb.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 3:57pm
We need to get some players together and do some Bombing Run. What maps do you have? I've got two but will download more.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 12:58am
i have all BR maps
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 8:20pm
Perfect Temple:

A huge DM/TDM map. Easily one of the best-looking user-made maps I've ever seen. I always recommend it whenever possible.

http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/01/deathmatch-map-perfect-temple.html

Krodan:

A much smaller DM/TDM map. Suitable for 3 vs 3 & maybe 5 vs 5.

http://www.ut3mod.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:06pm
thanks for adding these Rivers, ill check them out later wen i get home. 
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 1:50am
Just for the info, I just now downloaded about every map listed.. and then some.. except J Rivers' recent additions and Lucaria.  I also got Bombing Run, but already had most of those mods.  I would of gotten Anti-Idle, but I rarely and I mean rarely..ever host.  I was even like that on TS: FP, though I hosted 10-15 matches over the roughly a year period between me joining and the servers going down.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:00pm
*bump*
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:57pm
For some reason, I can't seem to access the GoW ones.. or at least two of them. (including the Anti-Idle one)

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 10:48pm
the page wouldn't load???
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 11:59pm
GOW ones dont work ;\

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:19am
should work, i hav thm all. wats da problem?
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 2:27am
The only broken GOW link is the DMhoverboard, the others links are messing up but just write the text correctly in the browser window and they work correctly
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:48am
i was just at their site, i guess the DMHoverboard was removed =(guss since i have that makes it collectible lol
everything else was there
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:55am
Doesn't that uberboard mod do the same?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>