FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Craziest Idea Ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craziest Idea Ever
    Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:53pm

The reason there is no "competition" in UT3 is that people choose their own teams.

The reason qM was so dominant is that they had, at the very least, the top 2 straight killers on this platform and 8 out of the top 15.  This sort of uneven distribution of talent will lead to landslide victories and unbeaten records.

I think a draft would make teams more interesting and the game more competitive and make matches closer in level of overall skill.

This idea certainly isn't for everyone, and I'm only half serious.

If you get at least 56 people interested in having competitive team matches - like, the league - you could have a draft resulting in 8 teams selecting 7 players each.  This a**umes matches would be played 4v4 or 5v5 with 2-3 alternates per team.

Instead of only playing with your competitive team, imagine this more like soccer professionals - your clan is like playing for your home country.

The competitive team wouldn't even have to stay together that long, it could just be used for a short season or round-robin tournament.

I guess I'm just bored and my mind is racing.
The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:00pm
not a bad idea.. i mean it wouldnt work as a full time thing but it would be cool if we could get 56 ppl to throw their name into a hat for say a 2v2 tdm tourney.. where teams are drawn at random.

i think that would be a fun idea
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:03pm
oh basically a bit like the league rico is setting up the current league you mean?
Also, the idea that teams having good players kills competition is silly, it's the people who don't play their fault.
Also, if my clan had 20 members I'd be expecting 2 matches at the same time at weekends tbh.
2x 5v5, and through the week at random times you'd have over 5 as well and thus get random matches in then too.
Yet they have trouble setting up even 1 match per week
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:05pm
i havent checked out ricos league, but its pretty much the same as the tourney KS had on epic forums, cept we did teams of 4-5 and there were a ton of no shows.

i think it would be cool if it was smaller teams, like 2v2 you could really get to know a player you normally wouldnt play with.

or have 28 footmode players and 28 vehicle mode players.. and each foot mode player gets a vehicle player and its 2v2 tdm and 2v2 sinkhole or something like that

and of course it all would be random
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:05pm
sounds like a good idea.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:08pm
but over half of the people like team stacking and ball riding. so this isnt going to work...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
iAM_NotImpressed View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:15pm
i'm not sure the main point of my post is clear -

when was the last time qM lost?
when was the last time tRi lost to anyone but qM?
when was the last time anyone beat A-R at vCTF?

if the answer to all these questions is never then playing the game strictly as clans is not competitive. playing them as a subsection of your current clan is not any more competitive and i think that is what the current league is or was, but i haven't heard anything about it.

the idea is to mix up the talent pool for a limited run, not to further complain about the size of clans or people not scheduling clan matches or to disband clans.

all constructive criticism is appreciated dorkun.

The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:21pm
This is a good idea.  When Rico explained how he would do this a while ago it seems to be a good way to do it...he could explain it better than I.... but basically it's like a draft...every player gets a dollar amount a**igned to them...better players cost more money.  Captains are then picked and given a certain doller amount to spend, then they go round by round "buying" players...You could go and drop most of your cash on one top name...or spread it out and get 2-3 very good players....you have to balance it out.

There's a lot of little things that would need to be worked out but this could work...have a short 'season' that ends in a tourney or something....
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:21pm
It is a good idea because in theory it makes the teams play on more of an even keel.

Its a weak idea because once you lose a match with players you might not like, you call them f**gots and never wanna play with them again. Not me personally but some people might.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

This is a good idea.  When Rico explained how he would do this a while ago it seems to be a good way to do it...he could explain it better than I.... but basically it's like a draft...every player gets a dollar amount a**igned to them...better players cost more money.  Captains are then picked and given a certain doller amount to spend, then they go round by round "buying" players...You could go and drop most of your cash on one top name...or spread it out and get 2-3 very good players....you have to balance it out.

There's a lot of little things that would need to be worked out but this could work...have a short 'season' that ends in a tourney or something....

This sounds like fun! Would be amazing if someone took the time to evaluate each player and put a value on their head! haha I'd loveeeeeeee that.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:23pm
Basically, you won't be able to stack your team as when you buy high priced players you end up having very low prized ones who fill up the team. The only problem I see with this is that people will complain about the values given out to the players.
I think the original plan was CTF, maybe other modes later
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:23pm
thanks wopr - that does sound like what i was hoping for.

i like that...it reminds me of the way they set up teams in Murderball - wheelchair basketball.

you can use a guy with two working arms, but he costs 3 times what a dude with no function in one limb does. the dude who steers through a straw gets added to the team for no cost.

The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Basically, you won't be able to stack your team as when you buy high priced players you end up having very low prized ones who fill up the team. The only problem I see with this is that people will complain about the values given out to the players.

f*** the complainers... I'm sure we can trust people to evaluate people properly. This could/would be IMMENSE.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:24pm
ive just learned to accept the community for how it stands. its going to be this way until ut4 comes out. then there will be a fresh start in this game. its just going to be the way it is until then. people like certain modes only, so they find players in that mode and stack. its as simple as that...

great idea though, it just wont work for many reasons..

EnVy must be earned"
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:24pm
top price players:
phantaci
pawweezy
rico
xkalibur

near top price players:
rockleepenguin
colossusslayer (though eu players add time zone and lag issues)
bumrush
remy
sickboogiemurder
hcruix
aTx
chris_c
arkos

next price level down:
DoD
puertorican
Vedakid
etc.

low-level players:
cokkenballs

you get points back and spotted flags for taking this guy:
woolvie

may never play again:
reverendcrow
The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:26pm

does rico already have a thread on his league/tourney idea?

if so, delete this, and i'll go revive that one.
The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:27pm
Yeah agreed that'll be the big argument wall there....the prices a**igned to players....would have to think about how to get that done in a way least prone to arguments....

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:30pm
i like this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by iAM_NotImpressed

does rico already have a thread on his league/tourney idea?

if so, delete this, and i'll go revive that one.

I honestly don't remember if there was a thread or not...I know we talked about in PM's but I'm not sure if there was a thread. 

If you guys want to press on and try to start putting rules and things together that would be cool...personally I don't want to start something new until this 1v1 thing is done though...I need to stay focused on that until it's done, then I can get more involved in this thing if you want.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:33pm
Also the league? A-R and B-Team haven't played their semi-finals match yet.
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:41pm
i feel this idea carry through with it tho while its still hot......its gona b hilarious when they as.sign prices to players....theyre gona b like ur worth 1.75 lol xD nd yes they'll b complaints but then again there were complaints for the 1 vs 1 nd look how its turning outWink
psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:41pm
who cares about the league.
rico's idea is better.
and I see what woolvie is saying 100%.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:41pm
So this is going to be an MLUT style league?
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:45pm
well id love to see something like this go down. but just like all good ideas, they are just simply good ideas and are hard to work out. but i do like the idea, would be cool to see it actually work. but maybe we can pick like 2 players from each mode that knows them inside and out and that could rank all the players in that mode in a rating system. then average them all out and then post the standings and ratings to then fill out a total ranking system for the players.

EnVy must be earned"
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Drokun

I think the original plan was CTF, maybe other modes later

Prices ranges from $100 - $900. Team Captains would need to select their players from a list of Free Agents and must hold a draft for round picks.

If players have a problem with their values then they can just simply not play.

name_is_clantag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>