Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > I'm So Smart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!
    Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 6:51pm
Some agree, some disagree...I say better to be safe than sorry...
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 6:56pm
ummmm if its supposed to be hotter longer, then why did we have the most snowfall in about 4 years? sorry thats the part i dont believe, but yeah. Better SAFE then SORRY
Adios, the last farewell
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 7:00pm
see that's the thing, just b/c in your neck of the woods it seems like everything is peachy and all that, the bigger picture is what matters...when you account everything together as a whole, there are glaring issues
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 7:05pm
 i dont believe it, but do at the same time, somedays it reaches 108, the next its 60. but im still young, so im still thinking whats real, and not :/
Adios, the last farewell
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 7:15pm
hey I hope its not real, but so far the physical evidence that something is happening is alarming...I was reading on CNN I think that scientists who study glaciers have found they are melting faster than first thought...we're talking about water that has been frozen for 10,000 years melting all of a sudden!  Maybe it is a cycle...but if it is something we are contributing to wouldn't we rather meet the problem head on rather than sit and fight what is true and what is not?  I mean what will come of making changes...cleaner air?  cleaner water?  Yeah those are horrible bi-products...
No pension to retire <_<
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 7:18pm
also antartica is melting :( and when that much ice melts... Water WILL rise, floods everyday, get use to it. haha
Adios, the last farewell
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 7:16pm
we're just speeding up the cycle. global warming is real.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 7:53pm

The Population Bomb (1968) is a book written by Paul R. Ehrlich. A best-selling work, it predicted disaster for humanity due to overpopulation and the "population explosion". The book predicted that "in the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people will starve to death", that nothing can be done to avoid ma** famine greater than any in the history, and radical action is needed to limit the overpopulation.

This book and the fear of a coming Ice Age, were the genesis of the first Earth Day in 1969.

Overpopulation never materialized and now were talking global warming instead of an Ice Age.

Im not smart enough to know wether global warming is true or not, but history has shown us that science is often hijacked by political interests. Politicians will often cite science in order to advance a certain political agenda. Remeber scientists are human beings that have political agendas themselves.

Im a skeptic on Global Warming, but I am a conservationist. We do need to protect the environment but not the cost of destroying our economy and prosperity.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 9:48am
If it's warmer we can grow more food to feed the people. And those rich a$$holes will lose their beachfront property. It's a win-win situation.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:08am
Originally posted by BAIN

If it's warmer we can grow more food to feed the people. And those rich a$$holes will lose their beachfront property. It's a win-win situation.

i love this guy's mentality
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

The Population Bomb (1968) is a book written by Paul R. Ehrlich. A best-selling work, it predicted disaster for humanity due to overpopulation and the "population explosion". The book predicted that "in the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people will starve to death", that nothing can be done to avoid ma** famine greater than any in the history, and radical action is needed to limit the overpopulation.

This book and the fear of a coming Ice Age, were the genesis of the first Earth Day in 1969.

Overpopulation never materialized and now were talking global warming instead of an Ice Age.

Im not smart enough to know wether global warming is true or not, but history has shown us that science is often hijacked by political interests. Politicians will often cite science in order to advance a certain political agenda. Remeber scientists are human beings that have political agendas themselves.

Im a skeptic on Global Warming, but I am a conservationist. We do need to protect the environment but not the cost of destroying our economy and prosperity.

didn't they say that we were headed into an ice age about 15 years ago?  because i remember a ma**ive drop in temperature and scientists were scrambling for answers.  its the earth's cycle.    now all of a sudden its a crisis of global warming.  i'm sorry mr. gore.  go worry about man bear pig. 
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
There is a consensus for anthropogenic global warming by the following organizations:

- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- National science academies of the G8+5
- InterAcademy Council
- International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences
- European Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Network of African Science Academies
- National Research Council (US)
- European Science Foundation
- American a**ociation for the Advancement of Science
- Federation of American Scientists
- World Meteorological Organization
- American Meteorological Society
- Royal Meteorological Society (UK)
- Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences
- International Union for Quaternary Research
- American Quaternary a**ociation
- Stratigraphy Commission of the Geological Society of London
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics
- International Union of Geological Sciences
- European Geosciences Union
- Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences
- Geological Society of America
- American Geophysical Union
- American Astronomical Society
- American Institute of Physics
- American Physical Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Microbiology
- Institute of Biology (UK)
- World Federation of Public Health a**ociations
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- American Public Health a**ociation
- American Medical a**ociation
- American Statistical a**ociation
- Engineers Australia (The Institution of Engineers Australia)
- Water Environment Federation
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Federal Climate Change Science Program (US)

That is neither political, bad science, or pseudoscience.
 - HanFei
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:01pm
It won't matter anyways after 2012.  I for one welcome our Nibiru Overlords

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:40pm

UMMM I don't know about you but I believe when your species grows by ONE BILLION in the span of 12 years, you have a very serious problem due to over-population.    Over-population IS a problem and has materialized.  Over-population does help drive warming.  There is a finite amount of land.  That land must sustain humanity in every sense of the word.  When forests are destroyed for new strip malls or housing, that energy that would have been absorbed and utilized is not.  Instead you are left with heat islands.  You know how metro areas sprawl out and over time the further out you go, the nicer it is?  You have new strip malls and stores and such right?  Let me pose this to you, next time you drive by the newest strip mall; just think about how long that strip mall is going to last.  Maybe 10 years then all the businesses board up and move further out to a new strip mall.  It's a never ending, vicious cycle.  But hell as long as the economy is good, what does tomorrow matter?
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by BAIN

LOL that's a nice idea, how about those people in the Maldives, Seychelles, and most of Oceania that will be under water though?  Also, we use more energy now than ever before to grow food, (oil, man power, coal) yet more people die of starvation than before....that is not the answer.
No pension to retire <_<
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

UMMM I don't know about you but I believe when your species grows by ONE BILLION in the span of 12 years, you have a very serious problem due to over-population.    Over-population IS a problem and has materialized.  Over-population does help drive warming.  There is a finite amount of land.  That land must sustain humanity in every sense of the word.  When forests are destroyed for new strip malls or housing, that energy that would have been absorbed and utilized is not.  Instead you are left with heat islands.  You know how metro areas sprawl out and over time the further out you go, the nicer it is?  You have new strip malls and stores and such right?  Let me pose this to you, next time you drive by the newest strip mall; just think about how long that strip mall is going to last.  Maybe 10 years then all the businesses board up and move further out to a new strip mall.  It's a never ending, vicious cycle.  But hell as long as the economy is good, what does tomorrow matter?

i totally agree with what you posted. we are killing ourselves with greed. 

should we start growing our forests in the sky? like building a tall a** biodome in the sky? 
- Best Coast

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:47pm
you know exactly what I'm talking about Tuna b/c you live in the same area as I do...The urban spread is occurring so rapidly here.  You see the same strip malls as I do that are open one day and closed the next....it's not just a local problem.   No we just need some COMMON SENSE and say MAYBE WE DON'T NEED A WALGREENS ON EVERY CORNER LOL!!!
No pension to retire <_<
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 6:51pm
haha yeah. they are building a strip mall in moody and leeds. can you believe that? right freakin next to each other. it's suppose to be pretty big too. the same people that built the trussville strip mall are building the one in moody. or so i've heard. and the one being built in leeds is going right next to ba** pro shop, so you know that's going to be huge.
- Best Coast

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 8:42pm
I love Ba** pro shop, its awesome ;)
No pension to retire <_<
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 9:33pm
this stuff scares me!!!!! Confused lol
hopefully nothing bad happens. hopeing is pritty much the most i can do!
btw...MAN BEAR PIG was the best thing on south park i've ever seen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 2:09am
Is the earth warming? Yes.
Is man-made global warming a political hoax? Yes.
The left is scaring us with fears of a scorched earth via global warming the same way the right is scaring us with imminent terror attacks.
Don't believe the hype.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 10:09am
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a nonprofit organization composed of the peer reviewed work of literally thousands of scientist from virtually every country of the world,  is considered the authoritative body on climate change.  Their 200+ page yearly summary, along with all of their documentation, is neither political, bad science, nor pseudoscience.
http://www.ipcc.ch/
http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/technical-papers/climate-change-water-en.pdf
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 1:44pm
Wasn't ACORN a non-profit?
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Using an Ad Hominem Argument doesn't advance your stance...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Using an Ad Hominem Argument doesn't advance your stance...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
How is this an ad hominem argument?  If I remember my english 101 ad hominem is an attack "against the man"  or something along those lines.  You claim your group is a non-profit organization as if this somehow will confer legitamacy but Cokkenballs is merely pointing out that Acorn too was a non-profit and I think we all know what a stand-up sort of organization that was.  (This last was said with sarcasm in case you were wondering)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>