Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

my conclusion (long read)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my conclusion (long read)
    Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Zellot

yo you don't necessarily need to play duel, to get better at killing on foot, imo. i've played DM,  a lil TDM, VCTF, WF and sometimes i've play CTF (very rare). And i was still able to do well in a against Foxy and bumrush under another screen name in a duel just to test my skills out, i didn't win, but i did pretty good. And on a separate occasion, i was playing TDM against those two and two others. under my Zellot name and my team won, and i got some awesome kills on foxy. so you don't really have to play duel to get better at killing on foot, and basically if you understand the weapons and stop just using rockets all the time) an actually learn how to use them right, hell you can get good at them in any mode.  for example i switch my primary weapon to flak, so when i go to the locker i have that first instead of rockets, cause i need to get better at the flak cannon right now, and then i'm learning the Shock Rifle, But i will admit, you can get better at shock combos and wall dodging playing duel.

also i agree with some people, i can only play DM,TDM,  and Duel ( the rare time i play it) for certain amount of time before i get bored, then i'm off to either vctf or WF, for some excitement.

Fragging some one in ctf is easy duels how ever is not. duels adds psychological depth when ctf and some other modes do not. And using weapons in duels is different as well. spammy weapons will make your play suffer and it forces you to become wise with your weapon choice in combat situations. yes you can learn weapon usage in other modes but duels does the best job teaching you how to use weapons and movement.
name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:28pm
and with all due respect.
neither bum or foxy called themselves duelers.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:32pm
ok my fault i just thought since i always see them in there that they were dueler. ok well i stand corrected thanks man
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:36pm
however they are good fraggers, so either way u did well.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by RemY

Fragging some one in ctf is easy duels how ever is not. duels adds psychological depth when ctf and some other modes do not. And using weapons in duels is different as well. spammy weapons will make your play suffer and it forces you to become wise with your weapon choice in combat situations. yes you can learn weapon usage in other modes but duels does the best job teaching you how to use weapons and movement.

i dunno i dont agree with that last part. i mean sure duel teaches you one on one skills with weapon usage and movement. but when it comes to these 8v8's in like warfare. you have to dodge a lot of spammy **** and move different. plus in duels there are armors and health around every corner and hall way it seems. i dont know i dont know the maps to well. but for the most part i notice there is a ton more of both on any duel map vrs a warfare map. about the only good thing i think duel does for me is helps me work on my hit scans and timing. but thats a good thing because thats all i need to work on. everything else for me is easy lol

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:15pm
You don't see dueling like how i see it. Duels requires you to be an expert with every weapon. When i talk about psychological aspect of dueling i mean how are you going to hit someone with a certain weapon. The approach if you will. there's ways where you can use weapons offensively and defensively. Duels teaches you how utilize them if you look deep down in duels. making you a versatile player.

The whole reason why we have players like paw phant rico, kali, crow or me for instance, we disect games. we learn everything there is to know. watching pov's of top players on pc and such learning what we can and learn neat tricks.
name_is_clantag
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:15pm
you know we can probably all agree that every mode can help a person get better at ut3 and this is my opinion
Warfare: strategy(obviously), and Vehicles
CTF: caring the flag on foot, being quick, dodging
Duel: aiming and precision, dodging
TDM and DM: taking on alot of people
VCTF: all mentioned above, carriering the flag, plus Vehicles
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

i dunno i dont agree with that last part. i mean sure duel teaches you one on one skills with weapon usage and movement. but when it comes to these 8v8's in like warfare. you have to dodge a lot of spammy **** and move different. plus in duels there are armors and health around every corner and hall way it seems. i dont know i dont know the maps to well. but for the most part i notice there is a ton more of both on any duel map vrs a warfare map. about the only good thing i think duel does for me is helps me work on my hit scans and timing. but thats a good thing because thats all i need to work on. everything else for me is easy lol
ur very wrong if anything DM will teach u best for spammy movement  but yes duel would be the best since ur concentrating on ur opponent if ur able to take them down fast u can move to the next opponent very easily and really the only spammy **** u have to deal with on warfare is link rocket spammin is easy since the maps are so big  but when it gets to link thats hella annoying duel and DM def teaches u best for weapon usage and movement (movement includes dodging) just cause the DM maps are open fields doesnt mean its all hallways  open field or not if im aiming at u or near u its going to hit u so just cause surround wallas are there doent mean anything yes the only different in a open field is they are able to dodge left or right more but repetitive movements can screw u up open fields make hitscan weapons the best choice to use
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:20pm

you know we can probably all agree that every mode can help a person get better at ut3 and this is my opinion
every mode requires strategy so narrowing it down to just warfare is BS

edit: lol damn u remy for forgettin me its all good since we only dueled once i understand u dont know how i duel its all good..JERK haha
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:33pm
duel imo, keeps you focused. Makes you rely on your own wit, and not your teaammate in the tank or the raptor.
In duel if you lose, you can blame only one person.
It helps with movement as well.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

edit: lol damn u remy for forgettin me its all good since we only dueled once i understand u dont know how i duel its all good..JERK haha

well war is more strategy then the rest of the modes hence the name warfare.  cause theres alot going on at once, which needs strategy to finish the game, but yes the rest of the modes except DM, tdm, and Snowreal need strategy.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:42pm

well war is more strategy then the rest of the modes hence the name warfare.  cause theres alot going on at once, which needs strategy to finish the game, but yes the rest of the modes except DM, tdm, and Snowreal need strategy.
no offence but you are beyond wrong in this what do u think duelers just prance around gettin lucky alot no its all strategy DM requires the lest and TDM requires it also when u get a good team who actually know what they are doing like qM fna or tri they will show u what strategy means in a tdm they will make sure you get the leats amount of powers ups as possible they will have complete map control so u get screwed warfare does not require the most IMO its tied between warfare and duel
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:52pm
dude com'on DM and TDM your just running around shooting each other theres no strategy needed, all it is, is Darwin's law the strongest will survive, but i'll let this go and let you be right.

CTF: caring the flag on foot, being quick, dodging strategy
Duel: aiming and precision, dodging strategy
TDM and DM: taking on alot of people strategy
VCTF: all mentioned above, carriering the flag, plus Vehicles strategy
SnowReal: hoverboard and personal strategy
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:08pm

dude com'on DM and TDM your just running around shooting each other theres no strategy needed, all it is, is Darwin's law the strongest will survive, but i'll let this go and let you be right.

smh...

fixed my post for u crow
name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:19pm
tdm and dm

superior tactics prevail.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:32pm

ur very wrong if anything DM will teach u best for spammy movement  but yes duel would be the best since ur concentrating on ur opponent if ur able to take them down fast u can move to the next opponent very easily and really the only spammy **** u have to deal with on warfare is link rocket spammin is easy since the maps are so big  but when it gets to link thats hella annoying duel and DM def teaches u best for weapon usage and movement (movement includes dodging) just cause the DM maps are open fields doesnt mean its all hallways  open field or not if im aiming at u or near u its going to hit u so just cause surround wallas are there doent mean anything yes the only different in a open field is they are able to dodge left or right more but repetitive movements can screw u up open fields make hitscan weapons the best choice to use

yes rev your right, but i dont play as much DM as i do warfare. so i couldnt answer that correctly. but imo and from my past experiences ive noticed more spamming in ctf than any other mode(from person to person) i mean yeah DM has a lot, but your against 15 other players and thats just chaos as is. but in ctf, i see nothing but grab the flag and just shoot behind you until you make it. at mid point of the field all i see is fire going both ways from everyone on the team. imo that is more spam than just spamming random shots at someone. when you have a team spamming one way, and the other trying to spam back, that = a lot of concentrated spam at a focal point. and on top of all of that, you have 4-6 campers perching the flag and spamming at it once the other team comes in. i never see this random **** in warfare - attacking nodes. but yes i agree with you, if i get good at duel id be extremely good. thats why im going to duel non stop, even if its bots. it will help me stay more fluid on my movements and learned weapon timing better. i just wish duel didnt have any power ups or health at all. it would then pose more skillful than it does to me now. with the power ups and health, kind of kills the whole "getting better on foot" thing for me. because in the other modes, power ups and health are almost worthless in terms of foot skill. pretty much all u use is power ups to either take out nodes, a big problem(like the levi) or damage the core hard. i just feel that you guys dont see the term "killing skill" like i do when it comes to all modes. i base this game on, well the whole game. you have to master everything to become a true player in ut3. thats what i plan on doing. i got the vehicles, vehicle modes and tactics all down. next is to work on my foot work and knowing the maps. but in these bigger modes, map dominance is compared to strategic team placement and vehicle management and running the orb correctly. grabbing health and armor doesnt work in these modes....

EnVy must be earned"
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:42pm

yes rev your right, but i dont play as much DM as i do warfare. so i couldnt answer that correctly. but imo and from my past experiences ive noticed more spamming in ctf than any other mode(from person to person) i mean yeah DM has a lot, but your against 15 other players and thats just chaos as is. but in ctf, i see nothing but grab the flag and just shoot behind you until you make it. at mid point of the field all i see is fire going both ways from everyone on the team. imo that is more spam than just spamming random shots at someone. when you have a team spamming one way, and the other trying to spam back, that = a lot of concentrated spam at a focal point. and on top of all of that, you have 4-6 campers perching the flag and spamming at it once the other team comes in. i never see this random **** in warfare - attacking nodes. but yes i agree with you, if i get good at duel id be extremely good. thats why im going to duel non stop, even if its bots. it will help me stay more fluid on my movements and learned weapon timing better. i just wish duel didnt have any power ups or health at all. it would then pose more skillful than it does to me now. with the power ups and health, kind of kills the whole "getting better on foot" thing for me. because in the other modes, power ups and health are almost worthless in terms of foot skill. pretty much all u use is power ups to either take out nodes, a big problem(like the levi) or damage the core hard. i just feel that you guys dont see the term "killing skill" like i do when it comes to all modes. i base this game on, well the whole game. you have to master everything to become a true player in ut3. thats what i plan on doing. i got the vehicles, vehicle modes and tactics all down. next is to work on my foot work and knowing the maps. but in these bigger modes, map dominance is compared to strategic team placement and vehicle management and running the orb correctly. grabbing health and armor doesnt work in these modes....

Ummm the spam part is exactly why i got mad cuz you people need to stop playing pubs and play something else like a pick up game where it is not spammy.

SB and JB and vials are not even powerups...

Grabbing health and armor DOES WORK. it gives the orb runner/ flag runner a higher survival rating. why wouldnt u use armor or health pickups. that doesnt make any sense.

name_is_clantag
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:45pm

smh...

fixed my post for u crow

actually i was being saracstic hence the add of snowreal and plus i didn't feel like having a arguement with that fool over a game
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:50pm

Snowreal: More like hoverboard and waiting at the bottom of the hill in a Scorpion, blades drawn and ready for blood strategy, but that's not what the topic's about so I'll stfu now.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:54pm

Ummm the spam part is exactly why i got mad cuz you people need to stop playing pubs and play something else like a pick up game where it is not spammy.

SB and JB and vials are not even powerups...

Grabbing health and armor DOES WORK. it gives the orb runner/ flag runner a higher survival rating. why wouldnt u use armor or health pickups. that doesnt make any sense.

yeah but they make rules where you can only dominate with armor and health and map knowledge. they say you cant use UD/berserk. so its flawed/limited right there. so what if i spawn with an enforcer wanting the UD and you have 200 shield and 150 health while you have every weapon. imo that isnt true skill in my book. its funny because ive said this i dont know many times now. pretty much every foot mode preacher ive ever seen and talked about all of this crap, really doesnt impress me at all in face to face combat in the bigger modes. to me it just all boils down to mostly armor/health routes and map knowledge in duel. yes a great fragger can prevail. but not if he doesnt know all of this. so what its about dominating your opponent on all these levels. great thats just lovely and all but does squat for you in learning vehicle modes.

also grabbing health and extra armor is to slow in the warfare meta game play. trust me its just not worth it to go out of your way ans waste time on grabbing all of this. the longer it takes you to do all that, the more vehicles and other players,aka "threats" are advancing in. only thing to really time are power ups like UD/DA and the redeemer. these are game changing power ups, not a orb runner at 140 health and 50 armor. one tank shot, dark walker, pancake or hit and run later your fuct. good by mr i pack armor and health...lol. just a lot of wasted time on your part, and thats exactly what will happen.

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Snowreal: More like hoverboard and waiting at the bottom of the hill in a Scorpion, blades drawn and ready for blood strategy, but that's not what the topic's about so I'll stfu now.

snowreal = ut3 joke....GET REAL =/

EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:01pm
warfare its hard to "impress" because its so easy to die.
and usuaully get hit with link spam leavin u with little health.
but u have a dueler defend floodgate or the powersurge node.
i'd like to see someone take floodgate from me and bum.
btw envy is powersurge a good map?
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:02pm
Game modes like vctf, yes it does matter if you pick up armors. Going into an enemy's base to get the flag without armor or health is just plain stupid. 1 rocket is death 4 shots from link ur dead 1 flakball or primary your dead. For a successful flag run you need to utilize those items same goes for orb runners. other than that, then you better have some damn good cover to get those nodes or your just gonna respawn over and over and over again.
name_is_clantag
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:03pm
power surge lol, depends on what kind of warfare game you looking for. they all depend imo. but for a 5v5 sure, its ok if your team knows what they doing. but i do think the game layout in that level is bad for the vulnerable team.

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:04pm

Game modes like vctf, yes it does matter if you pick up armors. Going into an enemy's base to get the flag without armor or health is just plain stupid. 1 rocket is death 4 shots from link ur dead 1 flakball or primary your dead. For a successful flag run you need to utilize those items same goes for orb runners. other than that, then you better have some damn good cover to get those nodes or your just gonna respawn over and over and over again.

k well least amount of skill in the game. just matters who you rub e-peens with so they will stack and camp the base with you. yeah you better have all power ups while running the flag vrs stacked teams. vctf really is about the worst when it comes to comparing skill levels with players. i dont judge skill by perching skills =/

EnVy must be earned"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>