Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So about the game being dead..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Team VAG
Team VAG

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So about the game being dead..
    Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

i was an original foot mode player.. since i was in BIOFREAKS and DK... top notch dm clans pretty much... i got bored of playing just 1 mode that consisted of straight up killing... i decided to broaden my horizons and get into a mode where there was more than one objective rather than killing... pretty much i am sick of people comparing foot mode players Vs vehicle players... look... of course we are not going to perform as good as we do in our primary mode! i fortunatley do well in both [imo]... but i'm just saying... quit downgrading eachother... please?
as of right now no ones downgrading anyone....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

i was an original foot mode player.. since i was in BIOFREAKS and DK... top notch dm clans pretty much... i got bored of playing just 1 mode that consisted of straight up killing... i decided to broaden my horizons and get into a mode where there was more than one objective rather than killing... pretty much i am sick of people comparing foot mode players Vs vehicle players... look... of course we are not going to perform as good as we do in our primary mode! i fortunatley do well in both [imo]... but i'm just saying... quit downgrading eachother... please?
as of right now no ones downgrading anyone....
i know that i am just saying in general!
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 9:19pm

edit: there glad the pms cleared everything up

edit again: lmfao i said pms
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 11:44pm
everyone pms-s O.O
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 3:23am
REV CROW IN TRAFFIC:

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 3:46am
Originally posted by yingyangin

REV CROW IN TRAFFIC:
LMFAO!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Striderfx

Originally posted by JPINATOR

OMG crow, I am going to slap you.. you think that the only reason why foot mode players don't play vehicles is because vehicle players accuse them of cheating?!?! How about the fact that foot mode players look to achieve their own personal stats and high scores that won't probably get noticed in vehicle modes because of the point system... and in most cases if you work your a** off in vehicle modes you probably won't be the top dog in points. here is an example

Lil Johnnie, our foot mode player, walks into Warfare.. dominates the ground, kills people left and right.. OOO headshot, yah shock combo here.. shock combo there.. aw man I'm AWESOME... end of game:
Crack Head Jim 500 points
Lil Johnnie 26 points

Now, crack head jim took care of all the cores, built nodes and got more points..no skill involved you said right?... do you think the all mighty foot mode player Lil Johnnie would be satisfied to achieve 26 points while a weak non good player vehicle player called Crack Head Jim out scored him??!?!

JP I LOVE YOU 4 THAT POST! spoken like the true first lady of warfare that is the most real post i have ever read! theres to many rated crack head jims! allways the lil johnnies not getting the props u cant shoot a core if someone dont open it 4 u! LMAO jp 2 real!

Mate I don't think you got what JP mean't... she means that CHJ does all the important stuff whilst LJ goes around doing pretty things and getting an erection off a Shock combo or headshots.

She is making out the point that foot players get frustrated by being outscored by 'inferior' players and therefore don't play warfare too much.

On a personal note I think that if a player can kill on foot then they have an advantage, duel is probably the most important mode with regards to being good at every mode because ultimately killing is the name of the game. If people were prepared to teach each other and talk a little more then a few games later CHJ and LJ might be scoring 300 points each and winning the game in half the time.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by yingyangin

REV CROW IN TRAFFIC:
i know that was tryin to be a video insult but you dont know me enough to try a hulk insult with me cause really that is how i get im an a**hole driver i will find a way around traffic if i cant im usually calm for the most part unless someone does something extremely stupid then i turn into the hulk reason cause the hulk is bada** one of these days ill have someone record me when i drive and ull see how this video will make you cry cause how i drive ;)
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 11:38am
XD

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:00pm
lol its dead now bc of my yellow light syndrome =[

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
iAM_NotImpressed View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:10pm
Nothing $150+tax and 3-4 weeks won't fix
The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:26pm
Foot players like me just hate the ***n vehicle modes CAUSE THEY SUCK a** literally they SUCK a**.

Its alright if it didn't have a unreal logo around it but I'm a original UT player. I bought UT to frag not drive ***n vehicles around and sit in them shooting people.

I'm not at all putting your guys mode down, THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. To me its just not Unreal, I'm not saying I'm better then you at all, I'm just saying I don't perfer those modes at all.

Unless your a UT99 player and started your UT career out on that then don't even ***n comment cause you really have no idea where I'm comin from. If your a UT99 player and u love vehicles then good for you, just means you changed your game style up a litte.

Anyways that's it, I'm done, just wanna say I never once again come in here dogging your guys mode, if you wanna know my true feelings about it I just stated them. I have no problem with any of you and can get along with all of you if you return the favor.

If you talk trash about me, my modes or anythang then that's when I retaliate.

Done.

Ill miss you Envy. RIP
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:42pm
yeah i respect that, and i know where your comming from, even though i aint playd ut99, i know it was all foot modes back then. but i like vehicle modes simply cos having vehicles add another element/obstacle to play against, i dont like vehicle modes cos of just sitting in them shooting people either, and cos im garbage in them xD haha, its the whole team stratgey involved and the rush u get when its a real intense games where everything u do counts, and how good it feels when u win against a stacked team :). but thats not to say i dont like foot modes, as i started out in duel/dm
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Foot players like me just hate the ***n vehicle modes CAUSE THEY SUCK a** literally they SUCK a**.

Its alright if it didn't have a unreal logo around it but I'm a original UT player. I bought UT to frag not drive ***n vehicles around and sit in them shooting people.

I'm not at all putting your guys mode down, THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. To me its just not Unreal, I'm not saying I'm better then you at all, I'm just saying I don't perfer those modes at all.

Unless your a UT99 player and started your UT career out on that then don't even ***n comment cause you really have no idea where I'm comin from. If your a UT99 player and u love vehicles then good for you, just means you changed your game style up a litte.

Anyways that's it, I'm done, just wanna say I never once again come in here dogging your guys mode, if you wanna know my true feelings about it I just stated them. I have no problem with any of you and can get along with all of you if you return the favor.

Done.

Ill miss you Envy. RIP
I know what you're saying about vehicle modes. You're old school and like the original. I felt the same way when the PS3 came out. I was all like "Man, f-that!" "I bought this PS2 to play games" "I don't want to message my friends, watch awesome blu-ray movies and chat with people all over the world!"
Unless you're an old Atari 2600 player, don't even f***in' comment cause you really have no idea where I'm comin' from. If you're an old Atari 2600 player and you liked Coleco-Vision, good for you. It just means that you sold out sucka!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:08pm
Of a 20 minute match in some relatively  smaller maps, i spend probably 3 minutes in vehicles!  I personally hate vehicles, but WF gives me the most rush!  Raise your hand if you seen me chase you with a manta, then jump out to fight you one on one!  If you like foot modes, thats awesome, i love foot modes too, but dont use the same tired excuse of , UT was originally foot mode,  cuz like i said before, original cars didnt have A/C. so does that make new cars any less of a  car?!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Of a 20 minute match in some relatively  smaller maps, i spend probably 3 minutes in vehicles!  I personally hate vehicles, but WF gives me the most rush!  Raise your hand if you seen me chase you with a manta, then jump out to fight you one on one!  If you like foot modes, thats awesome, i love foot modes too, but dont use the same tired excuse of , UT was originally foot mode,  cuz like i said before, original cars didnt have A/C. so does that make new cars any less of a  car?!

Come to think of it, I never see you in vehicles. I'm pretty open about the fact that I use vehicles because I'm a 2nd rate, check that, 3rd rate fragger.
wikkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wikkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:22pm

the best is when you see a person on foot while you are in a manta, bail and shoot the manta with shock prime and watch the manta run the person over Lol
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 12:09am

You what? You drive a car that has A/C? Man, I thought you wuz ol'-skool man. You ain't ridin' less you ripe! Down with vehicle modes and down with A/C! Put the speed stick in the glove box and man-up.

Arkos315 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
FLAK Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arkos315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 3:57am

Done.

Ill miss you Envy. RIP

LonG LivE Da VeHiClE moDeSs....

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 4:56am
at Inc's post: what u talking bout Inc? UT99 had a vehicle (of sorts lol) did u ever try the Strangelove Mod? Original Vehicle of Unreal! LOL cant get any better than that, driving a redeemer across maps to make flag runs and such, **** was mad fun. UT99 was a great game, the amount of custom content for that game was unbelievable. some of the largest and best maps ive ever played. still hopin for a CTF-HallOfGiants remake!
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 7:21am
the monster hunter mod was hella dope
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:10am
Lunchy, tired of what excuse, I'm not makin a ***n excuse, statin the facts here. Its like you for an example loving a car, I mean where its perfect, perfect body style, perfect engine, perfect everythang, this goes on for a few years and your loving it so much you brag about it and everythang else you would do about a awesome car. But then all of sudden in the next year lineup the car company advertises the new body style which is gay as hell, advertises what ****ty motors it has, then you sit back and ask yourself why.

So many companies "pretty well much all of them" try to make something that is great, better, it never turns out better. Almost always turns out worse so you sit back and ask yourself why this car you were so in love with, that was awesome gave the vehicle company a wild hair to change thangs on u to make it better and all of sudden your left with a garbage new car if you stay up to date then your gonna have to go to the garbage car.

Its kinda like the boat I'm in now. I have a MK4 VW Jetta, I love it, the best one to date. All the ones before it, MK1, MK2, and MK3 were great but the MK4 is the best of them all. So when VW dropped the MK5 out in late 2005 I'm like WTF were they thanking.

Seriously all around VW had awesome cars out through the whole lineup and now in 2005 they changed the body style on all of them and almost everyone else is complaining as well, that is the oldskool V dubbers like myself, kinda like oldskool UT players.

So Lunchy to finalize, it aint no ***n excuse, its a broad example how something that was so great, such a big success 10yrs ago that had more of a turn out then UT3 ever thought of having. How can that be. They've changed stuff.

Some was 4 the good, some was 4 the bad. Vehicles to me was 4 the bad. They took away what the original game was made to be, they took that from the game itself and us older UT players.

Like I said if ur not a oldskool UT player then u really have no ***n clue. AC in a damn car is a different story, we all love it, it is 4 the good, you'll never tell me once that putting vehicles in a game that was full of fragging was 4 the good, and sures the hell not everyone loves it.

Its kinda like the old car thang I was talking about. If you love it enough you'll just stick with it and not move on. One of these days I might not move on to a newer UT if that's what it goes to is vehicles.

I might be the only one playing UT3, yeah I love online players but merely most of you suck worse then a novice bot on foot so therefore it really don't matter, bots or no bots, no worse then the majority of you.

Criticize, hate all you want. My opinion stands. If your thanking I'm making a excuse to not play it Lunchy, your wrong. If I wanted to bored myself I would but don't feel the need.

Most of the reson I don't play them, no lie, its because your stuck on a team. I hate teams, other players means room for error, just another f*** up. As in dueling, DM, its all about yourself, no room for errors and a lot bigger acomplishment when you do something yourself.

So Lunchy no hard feelings, but its not an excuse. I have no reason to play those modes at all.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:03am

Well I have been playing since the UT'99 and I consider myself a die hard loyal fan of UT. Footmodes are my #1 love, especially a good old TDM. But not to say vehicle modes suck, because you can have allot of fun playing with the right players.
You have to open minded and willing to try liking it. After that if you're still not convinced, then you got every right to say, fudge the vehicle modes :P

vCTF is getting old to me, but I always love a good Warfare game with some good players in both teams. But like I said many times, my heart and roots lie within the footmodes. Nothing beats a good ol' TDM/Duel/CTF.

Edit: I also think that the reason why footmode players hate vehicle modes so much is because vehicle players never dare to enter footmodes as they know they will get pwned. And its easy to get frustrated for a footmode player when getting killed by some noob in a vehicle without the footmode player getting a chance for revenge at the noob in his footmode.

They get no chance to restore their name as they think they got killed by a noob without proofing what they are really capable of and knowing that they would **** the noob until they made a point that they own the noob and letting the noob know, who's the big boss.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:08am
Vehicles are bad for UT? They said the same thing about the forward pa** when it was introduced in football.
Why is the word Pa** P.A.S.S. being censored?
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:13am

Most of the reson I don't play them, no lie, its because your stuck on a team. I hate teams, other players means room for error, just another f*** up. As in dueling, DM, its all about yourself, no room for errors and a lot bigger acomplishment when you do something yourself.

That part is pretty much solid true, unless you rely on the players in your team, which can mostly only happen in a good clan battle. But if everyone in your team understands each other routine and strategy perfectly then you're unstoppable.

It requires skills working good in a team, as it might be one of the hardest things to achieve good team work. Thus it requiring skills its a challenge imo to perform well in a team and learning how to help others as well and do things that benefit for the whole team without acting like Rambo and going after scoring as much points for yourself. It takes sacrifices and dieng allot more in team modes to lead the team to victory.

P.S: From time to time you got to proof you can handle business solo without a team. Thats another point I will have to agree on with Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>