Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial For Beginners/Intermediate players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial For Beginners/Intermediate players
    Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:39pm
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:41pm
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:42pm
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:47pm
Many thanks to Vox (Bersey i believe) for creating these tutorials. These tips can be applied to all versions of UT3
I understand that a lot of you are advertising iAMgaming to other gamers/new ut3 players. Please direct them to this thread so they can gain an understanding of how Unreal Tournament is supposed to be played. Happy Fragging!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:50pm
gOOd LooK bRo...Maybe you can tutor me some when you got some free time...
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:58pm
LOL! Everything's pretty much covered in those tutorials i posted. From utilizing those tips, you can, as a player, become better overall and start finding out stuff like new jumps, routes, battle tactics, etc. (These are not just for dueling. These are applied to ALL modes). If any of you would like tips regarding 1 vs 1, by all means contact me (KaLi_is_Fn_A). You can also hit up anyone in FnA. Do Or Die, i got ya buddy!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 1:00pm
Haha no doubt much appreciated X...I'm ready to start beastin if possible LoL
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 1:23pm
good stuff, it's a sticky!
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
Thanks WOPR! Hopefully this will encourage new players to stay and in turn, expand the community. I was tryin to find some weapon vids, but sadly, there are only ones for the Enforcer and Impact Hammer. I might have to grab a couple of volunteers with experience to help me write up a Weapon FAQ for this site.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 1:58pm
Thumbs Up thanks kali.

Thread bookmarked for future referenceSmile
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Thanks WOPR! Hopefully this will encourage new players to stay and in turn, expand the community. I was tryin to find some weapon vids, but sadly, there are only ones for the Enforcer and Impact Hammer. I might have to grab a couple of volunteers with experience to help me write up a Weapon FAQ for this site.

I'll be happy to help with anything. Specially when it comes to vehicles.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:26pm
OK, I've gotten some movement tips from peeps like Go_Dead and TX (aka Texy). This video is awesome but, raises questions.
1- How do I dodge like a mo-fo with a controller?
2- He said dodging without jumping is most effective. How do you dodge without jumping?
Thx.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:46pm
That's strafe jumping (strafe either left or right with the Left Analog stick, and jump at the same time)
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:47pm
1-He didn't mention any jumps impossible on console? When he doubletaps a key thats when he dodges in that direction, so just replace that with clicking your stick at point of impact with a wall or something and pointing the same direction (sort of).
2-Console players can only dodge sideways (when you jump sideways).
PC players can dodge all directions, including forward (well it gets tricky dodging in Z-Axis)
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:50pm
hmmm and what about jumping to the wall to get to the UDamage in Deck for example. Is that possible in PS3?
Because I know the jumps are way higher in PC and for some reason in the PS3 you can't jump as far.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:56pm
That jump is possible.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Unreal_Venom

hmmm and what about jumping to the wall to get to the UDamage in Deck for example. Is that possible in PS3?
Because I know the jumps are way higher in PC and for some reason in the PS3 you can't jump as far.

As Kali says... that one is possible.  Even I can manage it Embarrassed
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 3:17pm
iAM working on a Weapon FAQ. Venom has kindly offered to make a similar guide on Vehicles, so be on the lookout for these soon!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 3:21pm
Most jumps possible on PC are possible on ps3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6qnwV_i08

Some example jumps
Chara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 3:25pm
ive been peacticing that wall jump in arsenal. its cool, but sometimes difficult
Chyna View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 3:54pm
I'm an absolute beginner (about 10 games so far) & these are really helpful. About 18 months practice & Ishould be half way decen lol.t
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:01pm
That's good to hear! As long as you follow everything in those tutorials, you should be fine. Trust me, you'll start improving in less than a week! :P
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:10pm
LOL f uckin naked dueler, that sh*t is hilarious
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:24pm
lol where is the rest of the video? looked to me the were short?

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:25pm
I need help. I am a beginner. Can someone teach me the modes?
PSN:Imaginative
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>