| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to know UT3 Player - Two_Fase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know UT3 Player - Two_Fase
    Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:03pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player. I am your host JPINATOR. He has been nicknamed the God Father of UT3, leader of the pack. He has been a part of this community and game for a long time, more than most. He is a well respected member and has the skills to be one of the best.

I’d like everyone to welcome Two_Fase! Welcome to the interview, let’s get straight to it.

What is your age?

Sex?

Only if it's safe and free.  MALE

Where are you from?

CHI-TOWN

What is your real name?

BRANDON. First name is all you get definitely not trying to have any stalkers. There are some in Florida that I know of.

What do you do outside of UT3?

If you asked me about a year and a half ago, I’d tell you basketball.

Ok, who is conducting this interview?...Alright, fair enough, what happened a year and half ago?

Glad you asked JP. I tore my Achilles tendon playing basketball. I can't even lie to you and tell you I was dunking on someone. I was running second play of the game and I heard it SNAP.

Ouch, sorry to ask the obvious but how painful was it?

Well it was enough to require surgery and miss work for 5 months.

5 months, were you bored out of your mind?

Yes and no. after the surgery I had plenty of time to experiment and do some research. my ex bought me ut3 cause she knew I was gonna have a lot of time on my hands. at first i played offline for a while and again I had extra time on my hands so I researched the online capabilities and next thing you know I’m playing online.

When you first got this game and put it in your PS3 what was the game like for you?
It was different; I was actually playing with real people. I was like a kid in a candy store. It was like a party at your house everyday only you don't have to look at them or kick em out when they get on your nerves.

Sooooo, in this candy store of yours where did you start out?

I started out in warfare believe it or not. It was a lot of rockets flying to my face trying to just touch a node. At that time of course i played with Nootsac, Da_Killa, Duragesic and Killing_U_Good. and of course later they became GOW. so after 1 days of this and me feeling like I wasn't pulling my weight because I got killed left and right, I decided to try other areas of the game. vctf looks interesting...let me give this a shot. (Suspense Load Screen.....play you are on red) I hop in, look around to get a feel for it and look at different players names because I’m the new kid in town over here. (RED FLAG TAKEN.....DO_OR_DIE_420 has taken the red flag) so I see this and o...ok I gotta go kill this guy. That didn't quite work out so well. I found out he was the big dog in the yard after a day or two. at first I hated vctf with a passion. I just couldn't figure out my role. I was there and didn't quite get how everything was run. I felt like it was the first day of high school. i also found out EVERYONE loved suspense. No matter when I turned on this game suspense was always played and DOD was always in there. I followed him around a bit and picked up some things (all before having a mic) I was so close behind, he had my shadow.

With all this experience of this game I’m sure you wouldn’t mind sharing to some of your experience tips, could you please share with us some  of your pointers.

1. Combine everything in the past interviews plus....
don't get caught charging up vehicles, I will come through like Cain in Menace 2 Society in the drive thru take your ride and order fries at the same time. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS (did I mention ALWAYS) communicate with each other on where the flag carrier is going. I don't care if he is at 5 health and you have a redeemer. Call out his location so that if you get a headshot from him your team has a chance to get to him at current location.

2. That hiding spot that you love so much.....yeah I can see you. Flags glow against the wall. Most people don't know or forget about that.

3. Always die in tank, dark walker, nightshade or fury, if not and you bail on it rule 1 may occur.

What goes through your mind when you are strategizing?

It depends on an offensive mind it’s like a bank robbery, give me the flag and no one gets hurt. You go in a group, shoot ALL HOSTAGES grab the flag and ride off. The ones you thought you killed are now after you but they're too hurt to pursue you. On a defensive end, you are breaking into my house but before you even pull out the crow bar to break the window, I got that infrared beam on your forehead changing your religion.

Really I’m a peaceful man if people would just let me take the flag without shooting; I wouldn't have to resort to unnecessary violence!

Let’s learn about some of maps you like playing?

Suspense, Sandstorm, Necropolis

Maps you hate?

Corruption, Suspense_Necris

What about the Titan pack?

The only thing good that came out of it was GREED and newer maps

We all know you have been playing this game for a long time, it can’t all be fun and exciting to keep you hooked, or am I wrong? Why do you still play UT3?

Believe it or not, I’m kind of like some of you guys, clan battles (gives me a rush) and the people in iAM!!!

Speaking of clans...you've been in a clan for a while and have you always had a leadership role?

At first no, I joined SMP last year in June and was just happy a group of people thought I was good enough to join their squad. About a month or two later I was promoted I guess out of the blue to co-leader. By the end of that year SMP had some drama involved and the clan decided to take new direction and the group wanted me to be leader. And I wanna add they are a great group of guys. Low maintenance and fun to play with (no homo)

It can’t be peachy all the time, what are some of your dislikes about this game?

Unnecessary spawn killing, parking vehicles on flags (any server I host and this is done, don't be surprised if you wind up missing) entire team camping as soon as they get the lead and continue to camp for 20 mins.

What players do you feel are worth battling with or against?

Any clan because they are a good group of players for a reason and noobs cause sometimes they teach you what not to do.

What players have helped you achieve your stardom?

This is gonna sound cliché but it's the truth. EVERYONE I have played causes you to learn so much by looking and listening to people. Now people I’ve learned the most from are DOD, ARKOS, Xplorer, Aquaknot, Envy, Tx2k7(Y) and Prodigy

During your early times on UT3 what was it like being a noob?

It was like the first day of high school, not knowing anything, not being able to find what you are good at. Trying not to step on toes as far as who grabs what and when.

Do you have any embarrassing moments?

I don't have any embarrassing moments, I just have moments

1. There was the time in a pub match about 4 months ago where I found out the sniper rifle zoomed all the way in.

2. This one happened recently in a clan match against Heavenly. Envy was in the tank and I was healing him up...I noticed once I healed him up my link gun kept charging him and I had infinite ammo with it (I was thinking this was a glitch and I announced what was going on) 4 seconds later i realized he was fully charged and that the link stayed at 100. Yeah, I got laughed at.

Can you remember something that really made you laugh?

Sorry TX2k7... i gotta do it.

Back in the SMP days and a couple of patches ago, remember that time when you joined in on a match and you can barely make out the conversations and you hear nothing but rumblings of gibberish. Well Prodigy and myself were practicing and TX was joining in. when he enter he says "I can't understand you guys"
Prodigy says "We can hear you". (We heard him perfectly)
Tx "All I hear is (think about that gibberish noise here)
So then Prodigy makes the noise (unplanned by the both of us by the way)
I make the noise.
Then we start talking regular followed by random gibberish.
Tx says "I still can't understand you guys"
Prodigy sends him a message on PSN saying that you may want to reboot your PS3 system, re-sync your mic and join again.
TX2k7 is offline.....
Funniest thing EVER!

Another funny story that happened many many many months ago probably late last year...

One day I was in warfare and ENVY was on my team. There were a couple of random players in there as well but one in particular was BAMAFAN (a kid that sounds about 10 or 11 years old). So we're playing sinkhole I believe it was and if you've played with BAMAFAN before you know he's a talker. So anyway, this kid is running off at the mouth talking about everything, complaining and making insults and so forth. So ENVY gets irritated and says "shouldn't you be in bed or something?" BAMAFAN replies and says more annoying things. After a few minutes of everyone talking BAMAFAN says "whose on my team?" I say "everyone you're talking to." out of frustration ENVY yells out "just go kill everyone in the blue pajamas."

I laughed so hard it makes me laugh thinking about it now. That I believe was the first time I ever heard anyone make reference to ut3 pajamas.

It sounds like that reference to the blue pajamas is still used today, I believe even last week someone brought it up, either that or the evil blue smurfs!

Out of everything left to learn while playing UT3 can you think of a few things that you believe you need to work on as for skill?

Oh that’s easy everything. I’m not at my peak yet and there’s always something to learn!!!

I know most of you know Two_Fase, he brings a lot to the table in and out of the game. He was one of the founding fathers of this website also and we should never forget how much work he has put into this along with other people as well.

Another thing that I respect is you know  when he’s with you in a game and someone gets worked up, frustrated or out of control you know Two_Fase is going to quickly put that fire out, tell everyone to just calm down in that smooth relaxing voice of his, most people are probably hypnotized by it, probably the entire iAM clan. LOL with all jokes aside, I would like to thank you Two_Fase for taking your time to answer these questions!

I'll see ya next time on Get to Know a UT3 Player!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:17pm
Good Interview you two...Class Act. Btw i might have to file a restraining order against Two_Fase for shadowing me & following too closely! nO hOmO
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:17pm
good work guys...that was B E A utiful
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:32pm
niceeeee
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:36pm
Very nice.  And I am stalking you Two_Fase!
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:38pm
Two_Fase - one of the classiest guys in & out of UT3!
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:39pm
fase thats y white guys shouldnt play ball
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

i thought i was the guy in fla stalking him
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:41pm
Then he's got two-  we'll get him eventually!
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:45pm

you showed up at my doorstep without any directions! lol
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by iAM_xplorer2233

white men just can't jump. black men just happen to be fragile while running.lol
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Two_Fase

white men just can't jump. black men just happen to be fragile while running.lol

I'm white & i can dunk a mini ball & i'm only 5'11...So there are a few select few white men that can jump!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:15pm
Lol.. a night or so ago, I broke that third rule and without giving the other team my Darkwalker.. because I taunted them (shot a few shots at them from the gunner's seat) into shooting the last shot and bailed right as it hit.  If only I could do that more.. lol.. great interview btw..
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I'm white & i can dunk a mini ball & i'm only 5'11...So there are a few select few white men that can jump!
TRUE, i'd still block that shot though. 6'5" with a montorous wing span.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:32pm
I'd make it rain 3's ova you  tho or cross you up!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:37pm
Good job JP. Two Fase is one of the legends in our community. Nice to know he's had his noobish moments also!
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:04pm
Nice interview!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I'd make it rain 3's ova you  tho or cross you up!
u can pull an and1 mix tape session all day, just know when you step into the lane i host the biggest block party!
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:11pm
yea im 6'2" and mexican i was born a jumper lol id waste both of u on the court lol
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:12pm
lmao me and tx were jus talkin about that time with the mic.. i still cant believe he signed off and signed back on and we did it to him again.. lmao..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 2:17am
Great read as always!
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 2:26am
Another great interview, thx for doing this!
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 9:24am

you showed up at my doorstep without any directions! lol

LMAO - I could see the glow from the flag you were carrying and just followed it in.  Then, there you were... hiding behind the biggest wrestling vid collection I ever saw.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 9:43am
Great interview. Most people don't realize how much Two Fase has done for this community. You are truly one of the pillars of this game. Well done.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 5:05pm
good job jippers as always
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>