Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble Shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Shooting
    Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 2:36pm
I've been having a problem recently, and it's bugging the hell outta me. Whenever i'm online in a game, and I try to bring up the in game xmb so I can message someone, it takes FOREVER to load up. I'm not talking about just 10-15 seconds. I'm talkin anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. Everything else regarding my ps3 is fine, just having problems with the in game xmb. Anyone have a solution to this?
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 2:40pm
Can be because of the new update. I think there was an option to switch back to original XMB, maybe that would help?
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 2:48pm
Nah, I was having these problems before I updated to 3.0. I don't have any issues messaging someone while i'm not in a game, because everything runs smoothly. But when I'm in game, that's when the problems start.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 3:11pm
Do you have a ton of messages?  If you do you could try cleaning a bunch of them out and see if that makes a difference.  Maybe it causes it to be slow while in game because the game itself is taking a bunch of resources and then it has to load a million messages....idk

May be easier to try creating a new PSN account so there are no friends/messages etc...see if it still happens.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 6:01pm
Ya, I tried that too Wopr Jr. Still didn't work. I had over 25,000 psn messages on my XKaL1buR account, and it took like 2 hours just to delete all of them in one go. That didn't help either. I'm really stuck at this point. It started happening like a couple of weeks before that tourney started. I thought it would be fixed with that update, but it's still doing it.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:48pm
WHY can't I get in to UT3? WTF! It keeps saying I am not connected to the playstation network. AAHHH!
Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Mommyrox

WHY can't I get in to UT3? WTF! It keeps saying I am not connected to the playstation network. AAHHH!
Sounds like the network is dwn.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:51pm

now trie it mommyrox

Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:51pm
I'm having the same problem...I'ma go slice my wrist.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:52pm
Gamespy was down, it seems back up though
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I'm having the same problem...I'ma go slice my wrist.

WoW I am going 2 have to report PSN for making you all emo. jk
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 6:52pm
Is it just me or is PSN down?
edit: It seems back now.. doesn't look like others had the same problem.

PSN is f***ed lately. Messages dissapearing, the same message coming several times, it's not properly showing if someone's ingame etc.

edit2: and away it goes..
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 3:11pm
I'm still getting kicked daily. More so in chat than in game. I don't think it's my internet because when I'm downloading updates and get kicked, the updates continue to download.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:08am
Question. I tried getting to the vehicle section of the stats, wanted to see my hoverboard time, but the vehicle, weapon sections just read 'Refreshing' and never showed up. Any suggestions, ideas?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Question. I tried getting to the vehicle section of the stats, wanted to see my hoverboard time, but the vehicle, weapon sections just read 'Refreshing' and never showed up. Any suggestions, ideas?

Keep refreshing, it'll eventually come up. Mine has done this since day 1. I just keep refreshing until it pops up. It takes about 3 times.
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:47pm
I just came on here to make a topic about this. Yeah my vehicle and weapon stats haven't shown up for at least 3 or 4 days now no matter how many times I refresh. Hopefully they'll fix this problem soon.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Ninja_Monkey

I just came on here to make a topic about this. Yeah my vehicle and weapon stats haven't shown up for at least 3 or 4 days now no matter how many times I refresh. Hopefully they'll fix this problem soon.
Have you had huge 'metal' spikes hangin of the sides of your vipers and mantas?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:58pm
I guess it's been fixed. My weapon stats came back last night.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 8:32pm
Hi all, 

When I returned home from my college dorm, I brought the PS3, which unfortunately is not working.  It appears I have too many variables and cannot discern if the problem is in the PS3, cable or TV.  Have any of you seen this problem or know general fixes?
  • Bottom ~3rd of screen is blank.
  • Middle ~3rd appears to be missing a color channel.
  • Top 3rd appears to resemble an out of phase analog signal with much noise.
  • I use an HDMI cable and have neither spare cables nor component etcetera.
  • The TV works fine with other inputs.  I have no other HDMI source.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:57pm
I had a trouble using my cable audio stuff on my old tv. It'll cut out and play. Is this what you mean? It'll show up weird colors?
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:06pm
It must have been my folks TV.  It's working back at the dorms...  Sooo much snow here.
Zito44 View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:08am
i have a similar problem n i just got my ps3 two days ago!!... once i turn my ps3 on and im in the menu it takes forever to load things up and if i click on the game before everything loads up my system freezes this only happens when i try to get online tho if i play without being connected to the internet i have no problem...
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
Zito44 View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 8:12am
so i just got my FIRST ps3 monday and had to get my second ps3 yesterday on thursday cuz it already crapped out PS3'S are built to last =)
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
The_Eskimo View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote The_Eskimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 7:07pm
I HAVE JUST GOT THE game and im trying to play online or in splitscreen. i cant see splitscreen and i cant get on the psn to update. is their a way through internet to update? it doesnt prompt me to install either. thanks!
Wack!
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:12pm

Are you able to go in to the Internet Browser in your ps3?

First try to look into those connection setting. (are you using wireless or cable?)
I'm pretty sure by the look of your problem it has to do with your connection settings.

If your connection is working fine and you are able to go into the Internet Browser then try to create a new account & try different online games.

Also format your ps3 system if everything else you tried fails.

After that all you can do is call Sony.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>