| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player- Pinnacle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player- Pinnacle
    Posted: 27 May 2009 at 10:45pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player. I am your host JPINATOR. This next person that I am going to interview doesn’t need an introduction, his skills are his introduction. I would like you to all welcome, Pinnacle.

Pinnacle has been playing this game for a long time and much from what I have seen his skills and dedication to this game hasn’t been recognized enough, that’s why when I first started doing this, I knew he was going to be on my top list of people to do. Lets learn some more about this unique player.

What is your age? Monday through Friday I’m 30, On weekends I’m 18.
Sex? Religiously. 
Where are you from?  Los Angeles, CA

What is your real name?
Pinakul, Pinnacle, Pikachu, Pineapple, PeeNotCool, Peeeeenacle
But I usually go by Ari.

What do you do outside of UT3?

I’m an attorney. Basically I slave my life away on other people’s problems. I’m the b**** of the rich world. Try it sometime. You might like it.

In UT3 do you have any pointers you would like to share?

1. First things first, get yourself a mic and start speaking to people. This community is generally awesome and most players are willing to help. If you are new, don’t claim you are the best and that others suck. That’s like me joining the NBA and saying that Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. suck. Not a smart move. Not everyone will click but there are enough personalities that you will find a few people that you are cool with.

2. Play a clean game. I know noobs come in a look at the score and realize that if they keep killing people, then their points increase +1. That leads to cheap play and ultimately spawn killing. Score means nothing, but the way you play does.

3. Diversify your skills. If you want to become a complete player, play all modes. I learned this the hard way. I just played Warfare and when I walked into a Ctf match, I had no clue what was going on and I just kept getting killed over and over again.

4. Observe other players. It is often the smallest things you do which will help you the most. Observing some of the better players will help you game out immensely.

5. Have fun. Most people get wrapped up in the great debate of who is better or worse. My thoughts, WHO CARES? I have never cared about accolades or have never waited for someone to tell me I’m good. I just play to have fun and help the team. If I’m needed for a designated role, then I assume that role, even if it takes me away from my real game. Ultimately this is just a game. No need to go nuts over it. And coincidentally, when you play calm, you play better.

Give us your thoughts on how you strategize in UT3?

Strategizing? What is that? LOL. My strategy is hanging off of LokeDogg’s scorpion and hope I don’t die. Honestly, I don’t really strategize when I play, but I always check which players are on my team so I can work around them. For example, if we have a lot of orb runners (which is never the case), then I’ll play a different role in the game, by taking out players, defending nodes, etc. If there are a lot of flag runner (which is always the case), then I defend and chase down the clowns with our flag. As for matches, I’d have to kill you if I told you our strategy. And JP, I really don’t want to kill you. 

What are your opinions on some UT3 maps?

As most know, I’m a huge fan of Downtown. I love this map because it’s not linear. You can go in many different directions to knock out the opposition.

I’m also a big fan of Serenity. This map is like battling tidal waves. The opposition keeps coming at you and you wait for just the right moment to attack and steal a node. It’s a rush playing this map.
Suspense, what is there not to say about this map. I think Suspense is probably one of the funnest maps since everything is hitting you from all angles. Defense and offense are equally as important. And the tank! I live in it. I’m not a huge fan of running the flag, but I love killing the flag carriers. 

What about the maps you hate?

Corruption – It’s not the map that I hate, it’s the way it’s played by both sides. Tank on one flag, Darkwalker on the boulder, game will last for 7 hours. Each player has 100 points and not one flag has been scored. I hate it when it comes up on vCTF. I usually leave right when the game hits OT.

The all mighty question, your thoughts on the titan pack?

I have two differing thoughts on it. The first is that it really takes away from having any skill. Therefore you often get people spawn killing with the Titan and you forget that you are playing Warfare or vCTF. Everyone runs at the Titan and yells “I’m gonna get the Assassin!”. On the other hand, I think it’s awesome in Greed. MORBID!!!!!!! Since the goal is to kill as many people as possible, going Titan is some what of a reward for killing the quickest. The best thing about Titan is that the mod can be turned off. :-)

You have been a member of this community for a long time, why do you still play UT3?

I play this game to relax, however odd that sounds. I love playing alongside the player I know best and its hilarious listening to players like ZodiacX, Migz1-, Qwest, Loke, and JP telling me how ugly I am, etc. 
Also the community is a plus. Although we often act like a dysfunctional family, it’s still family. We are like brothers and sisters that fight like children, but at the end of the day, it’s all love. If anyone steps on the family, the whole community is up in arms. I don’t think there is any other game that has a community that is this crazy yet so cool.

For the record, so I don’t get attacked, I never told you that you were ugly!! Any female or MALE (Migz) would find you good looking!!

What about your dislikes about this game?

JP’s pancakes. Although I do appreciate them now and then, they just hurt too much. Just kidding, you are my Pancake Queen, my Aunt Jemima. Honestly, it really bothers me when everyone hits their period at the same time of the month and we go through the monthly cycle of drama. I think most people don’t mean to come across the way they do, but a lot is misinterpreted since your speaking or typing without the other person seeing you.

Hey, whenever you want seconds on those pancakes, just let me know, my griddle is always going for you!!

What players do you feel are worth battling with or against?

Wow! That’s a loaded question. I guess the general answer is that I like playing alongside/against everyone since the community is so small and good at this game. Anyone who went out and purchased this game deserves respect. On a micro scale, my favorite teammates are all of ckc, ZodiacX, JP, Two Fase, Tx2KY, Potorikan, Xerxes and many more.

People I love to play against include the jackasses that spawn rape noobs and use glitches. I don’t even play the game anymore; I just go after those pricks. I love how the update has the name of the players on their head. It just makes it that much easier to continue to kill these guys.

You didn’t get those nicknames by yourself, you are a known celebrity but you must thank the little people for that, which little people would you like to thank for your celebrity status?

Wow, another tough one. Originally, I would have to say TripHop. I know the ckc players will laugh at this given our past, but he consistently challenged me when I joined ckc and pushed me the level I am now (which is not that high, for the record). However, he would always bug the crap out of me and I always had competition against him.

Envy was probably the first to hand me my ass in this game. I would always see his name on the top of the charts and a million rockets flying my way. Playing against him, I learned how to dodge a lot of bullets and how to play smart. Playing alongside him, I just listened and learned what he did. He’s really a premiere player in this game.

DoD probably doesn’t remember when he helped me with the tank, but it was when I first started playing this game. After that, I learned that a good defense can sometimes be better than a good offense.

Skiller / Trainwreck / Loke – These guys taught me a lot in this game. Skiller showed me a lot of flag runs. In vCTF, I was assigned to defense so knowing the various runs helped me catch the flag runner and to return our flag. Trainwreck and I have always had a healthy competition amongst each other. We share all the tips and tricks with each other and I am grateful to have a partner in crime. Loke is a beast and most don’t expect it. He’s usually busy messing around the whole game, but when he turns it on, he is on fire. Playing against him has really sharpened my skills. Playing alongside him has afforded me the time to learn the games and the way things work on each map.

Two Fase – This guy is the voice of reason in UT3. He’s helped me a lot in putting things into perspective. I love getting first blood on him, but he’s truly a class act.

There are many more I can name, like Duerden, AceOblivion, Lunchy, JP, Cylo, Chicken, Switch, TX2KY, PortoPotty etc. The list is too long so I’ll just stop here.

You were a noob once too, how was that like?

It was actually pretty fun. I didn’t realize how good players were and I would consistently get destroyed in games. UT3 was my first true online gaming experience. I didn’t have a care in the world. Nobody knew me and I didn’t know anybody. That equals no drama. But this community is awesome and I’m happy I have a lot of good friends in this game.

I’m sure you have a lot of these but what are your most embarrassing moments?

I don’t have a huge embarrassing moment, but I’m calling out ckc here. I’ll take this chance to embarrass them. When I first started playing, I had 3 people on my UT3 friends list. Triphop was one of them, so I’d always follow him into warfare matches. Back then, if you didn’t have a mic, you couldn’t hear anyone, so after a month or so, I picked up a mic and just decided to listen to the players and how they play this game. For almost 3 weeks I played alongside ckc and all I heard was “Hey Pikachu is here!” I heard them making fun of me and my name for 3 weeks and one day after ripping on me for an hour, TripHop said “I wonder if this guy has a mic? If he did, then we’ll invite him into ckc.” At that moment, I said, “Yes I have a mic”. There was nothing but silence for 5 minutes. Then TripHop asked how much of their rants I had heard and I told him I had heard everything for the past 3 weeks. Once again, SILENCE! About half an hour later everyone was gone from the match. I received a chat invite from TripHop and when I entered, the whole team was in there. They were cracking up that I had heard them make fun of me for 3 weeks.

Who are some people that really make you laugh, while you are playing UT3?

Zodiac and Migz – Listening to these two during a match is like watching an opera gone mad. These two are like brothers separated at birth. Their topics of conversations are bizarre at best and so out of the blue that you just kick back and laugh your ass off. I love provoking Zodiac into his 10 minute singing sprees. Their conversations are definitely off the charts. I don’t know where they come up with their topics, but it is amazing the stuff that comes out their mouths.
Trainwreck - Trainwreck is always in a good mood, and his kind words always inspire me. LMAO! His rants are priceless. Let's not forget the obligatory "What the f*** do you want?"
Switch - Switch is by far silliest dude in this game. He cracks me up. But I don't speak Mexican.

LokeDogg - wow, this guy is by far the coolest and funniest guy in this game. Loke is the player that cracks me up the most. He is on a different level when it comes to jokes and trash talking. It’s hilarious when he goes off on something or is pissed off because of the lag. He was one of my first friends in this game and his british rants are to die for. When he goes off, I just fall off my seat and stop playing for 10 minutes until I collect myself. Also, he has the best singing voice in UT3, mixing up Celine Dione with 50 Cent. Try putting those together, it’s near impossible.

How was it when you first started playing your mode?

Butt kicking for the ages via GOW, SMP and the rest of the beasts.
What about some do's and don'ts of your favorite mode?
Hum, warfare.
Do
       -Communicate if you have a mic. Ask where other players are on the map and ask if they need help or whether 
              you should run the orb, use the remdeemer, etc.
       -Observe.
       - Have Fun.
Dont’s
       -Don’t assume you are the best player in the game. Many players will destroy you.
       -If you are new, don’t touch the orb. Let someone with experience show you the ropes.
       -Put your damn character on Special Ops!
       -Don’t run straight to the Tank Node. I will personally destroy you.
       -Stop taunting after each kill or after you have just been killed. That is the most annoying thing in the world.

One thing you need to work on as for skill?

Foot skills. I know a lot of the foot mode player say that we vehicle players hide in our vehicles, but I think that’s a skill in itself. On foot, I’ve been working hard in Ctf and DM to sharpen those Rocket skills. In vehicle modes, I usually knock people out with a vehicle or link/stinger from across the map, but in foot modes, it’s up close and personal, with a ton of rockets flying across your face.

With the whispers of time we will always hear your many nicknames spoken, lol. To be serious, you have a great passion for this game and this community, more than any one I have ever come across. You have a way to be serious when needed and know when to use your sense of humor, it’s a balance that is hard to master but is well worth it, it’s why your friends lists is so long.

Thank you for taking your time and going in-depth with these questions. I hope all of you have gotten to know a little bit more about this awesome player!
I’ll see you next time on, Get to Know a UT3 Player.

Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 10:57pm

Another Nice InterView! 

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 11:26pm
Great Interview!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 11:51pm
   that was beautiful.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 12:19am
god im never gonna hav my name listed correctly ever again am i? lol
thanx Aqua lol
Great interview JP! very well done!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 12:33am
Another home run JP!!!! Great interview of one of our community's true allstars.
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 7:08am
wooohooo go pin great interview n when i get intervied(if im lucky enuf) ill spell your name right tx

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 1:26pm
wow pin i havent seen you on lately, it was like a reunion reading this. good to see this!

and again, great job jp!!!

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:23pm
JP-   As always, awesome job.

Pinn-  You truly are a class act.  Miss you bro!

A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 10:57pm
cool,but kinda long
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:02am
great job nice interview
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:05am
Yup good job!
Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 12:12pm
I know this dude inside out and have to say you have failed to capture his true magnifisenceTongue

Good Job
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 9:44pm
nothing in this interview surprised me.  It perfectly illustrated Pin's Character, attitude and approach to the game.  We def need more Pin's in the game.  It's a true pleasure having him in this community.  

and again, great job Jippers!

D
Cylo View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 9:47pm
JP - Nice Job!

Hehehehehehe! I might have started the Pikachu name!  Evil Smile
Play Nice!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Cylo

JP - Nice Job!

Hehehehehehe! I might have started the Pikachu name!  Evil Smile

Cylooooooooooooooooooooo , the only woman to ask me if her butt looked big when she went titan LOL

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 12:45am
As always, a great read! Thumbs Up
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 12:46am
JP! Are we gonna get a team interview? :)
name_is_clantag
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:14am
Lol for what, oldest active non-active team around?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 12:35am
Ya know, I was asked about that before, considering on doing team interviews. I may think about it!! If it sounds like a good idea to you guys! 
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 12:41am
watever u decide to do, no doubt it'll turn out awesome like all the interviews so far.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 8:12am
Great interview Pinnacle & JP.  Nice work as always.
 Post Reply Post Reply