Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Headsets and other accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

just got these, what amp do i need?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote IGoblinI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just got these, what amp do i need?
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:45pm
controller>KB/m

rico swears i used KB/M when i played.ifgi watch my vids u can tell i used controler......im just weird with it lol

controller is better on this version if ur good with it
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:15am
what amp what amp what amp???

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
IGoblinI View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote IGoblinI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:42pm
buy the amp that goes to the astro a40s......best amp out there
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:42pm
those looked to be janky, no equalizer??

EnVy must be earned"
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:14am
envy if you really bought those
lmao your a loser
and dont use that fragfx crap its not worth it just use a mouse
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ME_MATRIX

envy if you really bought those
lmao your a loser
and dont use that fragfx crap its not worth it just use a mouse

why they were free, my x girl bought them for me so yeah...

any other amps to look at?

EnVy must be earned"
Unique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Unique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:02am
Usually its best of to buy headphones with their own amps cause on their on this things can be expensive....Anyways the best amplifiers that is no doubt the Astro's MixAmp but the Xenos Amplifier is also a good choice.

Or you could go with the cheap way out and use your standard red/white/yellow wires with a spliter cable which you'll then connect to a cheap mp3 player amplifier that has a usb input.....then connect this to you headphones ( BTW whats your headphones input thingy?) and your set. You'll also need a usb cable connector. All this should be less than $35 bucks and you will get really good sound!!!!! (Not sure if this works with HDMI capables so if you use  that.....¿¿¿??!!!)

Anyways do your research before buying anything!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:02pm
dont worry about my conectors, i have everything i need. i just need an amp thats very good running these hp's to bring them to their full potential. hell these were $300 bucks and im not stopping there. i use hdmi and have all the other connection plugs i need. if they dont work with the hdmi, then ill just down grade a bit. but i dont see why they wouldnt work bc they both work together when i plug the hp into the back audio opti plug..

EnVy must be earned"
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:34pm
you are gonna suck ass anyways.. so why waste more money.. damn cheater
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:25pm
u mad?

EnVy must be earned"
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:47pm

lol, no :0

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Huge waste of money, Envy.

Theres no need for headphones on the console unless you are deeply in need for them because your TV sound isn't loud enough or your deaf.

If your going to play nub modes with the headphones like vctf and warfare and greed and stuff like that, I'd say your a nub who likes to waste his money on stuff he doesn't even need.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:59pm
Wow, $299 too?  Spending that much money on some headphones must mean your a DJ, not a gamer.  I don't know any gamers that spend even 300 dollars on a headset or headphones.  The most I go is 100 dollars.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Nova

Theres no need for headphones on the console unless you are deeply in need for them because your TV sound isn't loud enough or your deaf.

If your going to play nub modes with the headphones like vctf and warfare and greed and stuff like that, I'd say your a nub who likes to waste his money on stuff he doesn't even need.

true, headphones arent gonna do anything in warfare and vctf except give you a headache because your wearing headphones.

the only time i think headphones would give you a considerable advantage is duels, and a little advantage in tdm

Wow, $299 too?  Spending that much money on some headphones must mean your a DJ, not a gamer.  I don't know any gamers that spend even 300 dollars on a headset or headphones.  The most I go is 100 dollars.

lol ya you can get those mlg astro ones with the amp for like half that much.. and im sure they are better for games

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:11pm
Yeah, I only spent $100 for headphones in competitive play in UT2k4 and UT3, and if you count playing Counterstrike Source for money, go right ahead.

My beautiful Razor. Gotta love it, I even use it for sound mixing.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:27pm
Razer are the high heels of gaming.

D:
name_is_clantag
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:35pm

Also buying a Razer keyboard for both my PS3 and PC. ^-^

XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:41pm
gaming keyboard? now thats a waste of money :)
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:45pm
QUICK LET ME GO BUY A GAMING KEYBOARD THAT HAS THE SAME KEYS AS MY 20 DOLLAR KEYBOARD!!!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:46pm
I think they look nice :P
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 7:42pm
I never go above 50 dollars for a gamingkeyboard. ;)

They are better for games because the keys push in better.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose."

That's downright laughable.

Anyways, Envy, I thought you opposed ‘devices’?
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:07am
Originally posted by ninefive

true, headphones arent gonna do anything in warfare and vctf except give you a headache because your wearing headphones.

the only time i think headphones would give you a considerable advantage is duels, and a little advantage in tdm

lol ya you can get those mlg astro ones with the amp for like half that much.. and im sure they are better for games

you crack me up deadaim, thank your for that at least. and wtf would i do with hps on during a vctf or warfare match? but from what ive seen and found out about these is that they are very helpful on certain maps in warfare. sinkhole, downtown and even floodgate they are very useful when your map controlling or running the orb. also im digging them in ctf too...

EnVy must be earned"
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 6:53am
k
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:11pm

Seriuosly,I didnt even spend that much on my dj headphones.http://audiolines.com/product.php?productid=8373&cat=750&page=2
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>