| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to MidnightGaming servers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guide to MidnightGaming servers
    Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:22am
Also, in case anyone is looking for a server and didn't know yet..
MidnightGaming recently just seems to take your money and run.

Clanwarz.com or artofwarcentral.com are better alternatives; clanwarz has a working interface similar to the one in this thread (though they don't like it when you change the maxplayers because you could try to set it above what you're paying for; midnightgaming used to just have a dropdown bar so that you couldn't pick more players than you paid for).
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:37pm
I never actually updated it with how to change the server name and I just got it working again for myself.
So if you want to change your server name, you have to make an account using the PC dedicated host for Ps3 tool thing - you have to have that installed (1.3GB download), go to it/binaries in cmd and then run CreateAccount.bat Name Password Email - these are the credentials you can then use for your server (just having the .bat file won't do).

Either that, or pm me with the name/password/email you'd like.

edit: You can get the tool from http://www.fileplay.net/file/4484/ps3-dedicated-server-v2-0-for-the-pc - I had a 3 hour download from there, which is why I'm uploading it to some other sites hoping they let people download faster.

Mirror 1 - https://rapidshare.com/files/2577966614/PCDedicatedServerForPS3_200.zip
Mirror 2 - Oh crap, only 'premium users' can download this one appearantly.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J776BG6S

edit2: Other ways of making GameSpy accounts didn't work for me. According to an epic site, you can use the tool thing to make Ps3 GameSpy namespaces, which are a bit of a different thing (whereas PC UT3 players have it different/easier as to how to make the proper gamespy account)
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I created a ticket and that's the place that MG told me to go, the website. I'll send MG another ticket when I decide on the server name. Thanks.

Did you get this figured out?  I am trying to get a MG server setup now and experiencing the same issue. I can't get it to appear in the server list.
The MG guy said, go to login.gamespy.net and create an account and fill it in the cmd line changer box and it should work, but its not. 

The directions here were nice and clear cut though, awesome.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:20pm
Since I've installed ut3 pc version again I can't create one myself anymore, so I just ask WOPR when I need my name changed (though he'd know the password).
Using the software for PC dedicaetd ps3 servers at home you can make such accounts.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:52am
I created a ticket and that's the place that MG told me to go, the website. I'll send MG another ticket when I decide on the server name. Thanks.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by BAIN

I need to change the name of my server. I was told by MG that I need to create a new Gamespy login. I went to Gamespy and registered as a new user and created a new "unique nickname", then changed the command line(s) to that name but the new server name did not show up in the UT3 browser.
Any ideas where I went wrong?

It's not GameSpy the website. Just ask MG to do it for you. They are stuck in the PC UT3 world. Just send them a touble ticket and ask them to change the name you want it to and give them the password you want. They will handle it in an hour or so.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:37am
I need to change the name of my server. I was told by MG that I need to create a new Gamespy login. I went to Gamespy and registered as a new user and created a new "unique nickname", then changed the command line(s) to that name but the new server name did not show up in the UT3 browser.
Any ideas where I went wrong?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Originally posted by ICN_TheProdigy

MG is not impressing me at all, i mean come on 4v4 and its glitchin/laggin like a beotchh.. lame.. i can host better then that!
Same here. i was expecting a service much smoother than the one we're currently getting. Considering i paid for 12 slots and it cant run well on 10 makes me question their service. I created 2 tickets yesterday about their service but i haven't been in to check their replies. My ping was really high and I was lagging badly in market district but it was unplayable in Necropolis. We all lagged then it settled down to a playable level then wham! no game. I wasnt able to boot the server up again after the Necro restart. It never appeared!
I think we all have to make them aware that we expect a better level of service of PS3 gamers. UT3 is very demanding but ive played 8x8 on the epic servers with no lag at all and im UK so it aint too much to ask for/expect if you pay is it?

Try reinstalling the server.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by ICN_BAIN

Yeah and Sickboogie told me you don't use a ticket system at Clanwarz. You send in your problem and get someone online helping you in real time ASAP.
Well that  sounds good, i'll give it a go if things dont improve.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:21pm
Yeah and Sickboogie told me you don't use a ticket system at Clanwarz. You send in your problem and get someone online helping you in real time ASAP.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by ICN_TheProdigy

MG is not impressing me at all, i mean come on 4v4 and its glitchin/laggin like a beotchh.. lame.. i can host better then that!
Same here. i was expecting a service much smoother than the one we're currently getting. Considering i paid for 12 slots and it cant run well on 10 makes me question their service. I created 2 tickets yesterday about their service but i haven't been in to check their replies. My ping was really high and I was lagging badly in market district but it was unplayable in Necropolis. We all lagged then it settled down to a playable level then wham! no game. I wasnt able to boot the server up again after the Necro restart. It never appeared!
I think we all have to make them aware that we expect a better level of service of PS3 gamers. UT3 is very demanding but ive played 8x8 on the epic servers with no lag at all and im UK so it aint too much to ask for/expect if you pay is it?
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 10:09am
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:51am

Ours appears in the mode menu within about 60 seconds. We had that same lag as you at 12 players so I set it to 10 players. I didn't experience any lag but Danjel said it lagged for him when all 10 slots were filled. That's when it happens, when the number of players allowed is maxed out. We had some lag last night on 4 v 4 VCTF when all eight slots were filled. I was in the iAMgaming server last night (8 v 8 WF) and it lagged worse than in our match. Aquaknot says that MG has got too many games running on one server and he knows what he's talking about. We need to make sure they fix this or cancel our leases and go to Clanwarz. Sickboogiemurder has a server from both companies and prefers Clanwarz.

Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Once everything set up, swapping modes takes like a minute

Agreed u just tick the boxes, preview, save, select and launch bt AoW only has a command box and save and start buttons no new or tick boxes. J meant i managed to work out how to do what AoW failed to do in 20 mins or so. Thanks to your guide and the preview code facility on midnightgaming i set up the modes and tested them by pasting the code into AoW server and fired it up without much trouble. AoW Tech said that server software was buggy haha. Noticed that theyre not advertising UT3 servers anymore. Your guide is very handy for n00b server peeps like me.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 4:21pm

Trinity, was that a Midnightgaming server we had our match on yesterday?

yep afraid so. Bain urs is too isn't it? same issues? From my reboot it took forever to appear in the mode menu ie minutes not 30-60 seconds. ill ask em why and report the lag issue maybe they'll reroute bt ill downgrade fm12 to 10 slots cos im wasting money.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 2:13pm
Once everything set up, swapping modes takes like a minute
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:41pm

From my personal experiences with the server, I think it was a Midnightgaming server.  Sure, it had a few time out and lag issues, but if it was the AoW server, it would of taken forever to switch from mode to mode.  Trust me, I've talked with Trinity about this subject several times.  Seriously, the guy couldn't even set up the bots on a 5 on 5 server and password lock it.. (like he said in his post here) yet Trinity (with a few hiccups) was doing it in under a half hour, at most.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 10:39am

yea bt Harmety ur right, a guy phoned me frm AoW in USA yesterday. He spent 40 mins tryin to get bots up so that u go 5x5 and password it to lock server. He failed on both counts bt lil ole me frm UK did both and changed mode and difficulty level on midnightgaming server with a few minor hiccups. Beware game server hosts that s*ck eh. Now onto importing maps.

Really? all you have to do is insert the proper commands in the cmd lines :S
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 10:29am
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 8:34am
Post removed by original poster.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Harmerty

Mate, this seems a whole lot simpler than  Art of War (the web host  I am currently with). I can't start/stop server from web admin I have to log a ticket and they start/stop  for me. Also the commandline changer  is just a text box but from  your example  you can change variable values etc.Tnx for this Drokun u really are tOp man. I have joined midnightgaming but not bought a server but they give you a 4 day cooling off period so I can try it for myself now.<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",1);//-->
ugh, leave art of cockmunching!! seriously, if a site isn't ready like midnight is, then say bye to them!!

yea bt Harmety ur right, a guy phoned me frm AoW in USA yesterday. He spent 40 mins tryin to get bots up so that u go 5x5 and password it to lock server. He failed on both counts bt lil ole me frm UK did both and changed mode and difficulty level on midnightgaming server with a few minor hiccups. Beware game server hosts that s*ck eh. Now onto importing maps.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 2:58pm
meaningless convo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 2:58pm
meaningless convo
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

Thanks for doing this Drokun, good job.  I'll make it a sticky.

Good idea WOPR. Happy to announce that I am now a midnightgaming customer which means our clan will have a functional base and the community will have access to another private server. Ewokk should benefit also (let me know mate cos i dont like being lied to, esp by companies) so a good night's work. Ive cancelled AoW (see Heavenlys server thread or some details) but the contract will run till 21st May-i'll post for help with commands cos its more or less manual and i would rather ask the experts than lose any more time messin with it. thx.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 3:33pm
Thanks for doing this Drokun, good job.  I'll make it a sticky.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>