Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who grows the UT3 community?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who grows the UT3 community?
    Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 10:10am
When I first started playing this game, it was my first online co-op video game.  I was so lost, I almost pulled the disk out and threw it in the garbage.

Since this site is all about growing the UT3 community, I want to give a shout out to the following members for always being willing to contribute to the community (and no, I don't care what you think of any of them!). Without them, this site wouldn't even exist.

First on the list has got to be Two_Fase. Nobody does more to teach people this game and grow the UT3 community.

Then...

• Do-Or_Die_420
  • Chris_C
  • BioSoaker
  • Sk-iller
  • Trainwreck
  • Prodigy
  • xplorer2233
  • Pinnacle
  • ReverandCrow
  • Incremental
  • Potorikan
  • TotalEnvy
  • TX2k7
  • Danjel8
  • Xerxes
  • J_Rivers

I know tempers flair and at times, our patience wears thin with each other.  In the modes I play, this is the core of the game and we would have nothing without these guys.

There are a lot of other guys that contribute and are fun to scrim with.  If I left you off the list, it's because I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning!

Thanks to all of you guys for making this game a worthwhile hobby.
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 10:31am
i love u too man. but seriously i'm glad to be around a great group of people who enjoy this as much as i do. we all help it grow in one way or another.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 1:39pm
How about ICE_Killingspree a while ago?
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 2:40pm
Ditto. My list is fairly long, so I'll just reserve it for the few. Special thanks to Two Fase, Potorikan, Aqua, Incremental and Xerxes for keeping this site together. Without this site, the community could have died a while ago. Thanks guys.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 5:07pm
aqua its amazing how far youve come i remember when you first came on
i used to think god this guy loves the tank
i said aqua needs to get a fng mic and then this old guy goes i got one
the rest is history

two fase the first guy from smp that took a break from killing me and showed me what time it was
great guy seems patient almost dadlike

portorikan super cool brought some new energy and good vibes to the game

pinnacle just a class act
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 5:21pm
^^^^^^ Thanks buddy!
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by XTERMNATR

the rest is history

Thanks man.  I actually remember that!  I broke down and got a mic after Two_Fase pestered me daily for about a month about it. There was another guy, but I can't recall his tag.  He was my first non-bot friend request that I sent and then he moved and I never saw him again. He would put a VCTF server up almost ever day with the bezerk mod.

I can't belive I've been playing this for nearly a year already.  No I suck much less than I used to...
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

When I first started playing this game, it was my first online co-op video game.  I was so lost, I almost pulled the disk out and threw it in the garbage.

Since this site is all about growing the UT3 community, I want to give a shout out to the following members for always being willing to contribute to the community (and no, I don't care what you think of any of them!). Without them, this site wouldn't even exist.

First on the list has got to be Two_Fase. Nobody does more to teach people this game and grow the UT3 community.

Then...

• Do-Or_Die_420
  • Chris_C
  • BioSoaker
  • Sk-iller
  • Trainwreck
  • Prodigy
  • xplorer2233
  • Pinnacle
  • ReverandCrow
  • Incremental
  • Potorikan
  • TotalEnvy
  • TX2k7
  • Danjel8
  • Xerxes
  • J_Rivers

I know tempers flair and at times, our patience wears thin with each other.  In the modes I play, this is the core of the game and we would have nothing without these guys.

There are a lot of other guys that contribute and are fun to scrim with.  If I left you off the list, it's because I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning!

Thanks to all of you guys for making this game a worthwhile hobby.

We love you right back my friend.  You've done something Epic and Sony haven't been able to do.  give a core community of die hard players a place where we can all come talk, share and play with one another without any of the mess and chaos found elsewhere.  You put in a lot of time and effort in this site and have done so asking nothing in return.  If there was anyone more deserving of an achievement award, it would be you.

Thank you Aqua for continuing to give the gift that keeps on giving.  

D
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by XTERMNATR

the rest is history

two fase the first guy from smp that took a break from killing me and showed me what time it was
great guy seems patient almost dadlike

portorikan super cool brought some new energy and good vibes to the game

pinnacle just a class act

Thx X.  that's greatly appreciated bro. 
ud1en0w View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote ud1en0w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:12pm

Most of those people showed me a thing or 2. The person that i think showed me the most was SHINOBI.

TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:22pm
Thanks Aqua, ive always tried to lend a helping hand..
this games is so much more advanced then it was a year ago..

When me and Twofase were on the same Team, we seen and made new things to this game we never thought could happen or work..

Danjel is another who has showed me alot, hes always tryin to help people..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:42pm
Damn Aqua you always seem to bring a tear to my eye....But non tha less i dont love you but my rockets sure do!  Keepin it real tho, i wouldnt of been along this long without Rivers, Aqua & Arkos...My 3 brothers from another mother...
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 11:49pm
i truly believe all of the clan leaders past and present go along way and get little recognition as well. they set up the matches look out for their players and contribute in a way that often gets overlooked.
DOD
XERXES
SPAG
NOOTSAC
SKILLER
TRAINWRECK
ENVY
PRODIGY
CHRIS_C
BLACKCATS
DEADAIM
TRINITY
TRIPHOP

and i know theres a lot more but thats off the top of my head at this present moment. these are the guys that made some of these epic battles happen.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 11:54pm
Triphop? Isn't he on the moon?
surfacing8671 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote surfacing8671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Drokun

How about ICE_Killingspree a while ago?
hell yea. that was before this site was up though. i think?? like a year ago. when they wanted to get the ladder back up on GB.

ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 3:34am
awww such a gay moment i love you too aqua ill touch ur butt later when ur sleeping ;)
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

awww such a gay moment i love you too aqua ill touch ur butt later when ur sleeping ;)

I knew this was coming.  BTW, you have a hang nail...
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 9:10pm
thanks for the mention two_fase
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

I knew this was coming.  BTW, you have a hang nail...
oh darn i broke a nail :(
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:45pm
yeah but im almost done trying to help this community. all i see in it now is a bunch of clans talking **** to other clans and only playing a few modes of their own except for tRi and iAM. and now with this titan **** you just have skilled players like chris c just going to spawn kill over and over. its starting to become a joke in my eyes. also i try and try to spark up action and players say they will play, but then never show up. its growing to pathetic for me to even care anymore. hurry up already ffXIII...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

yeah but im almost done trying to help this community. all i see in it now is a bunch of clans talking **** to other clans and only playing a few modes of their own except for tRi and iAM. and now with this titan **** you just have skilled players like chris c just going to spawn kill over and over. its starting to become a joke in my eyes. also i try and try to spark up action and players say they will play, but then never show up. its growing to pathetic for me to even care anymore. hurry up already ffXIII...

Envy, I appreciate your frustration but don't let it get you down.  the climate is changing and at the very least, more and more people are coming on to this site.  that fact alone will eventually change the face of things over and over again.  Be patient.  this community will continue to re-define itself over and over again.  all this has happened before, and all this will happen again.  
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:49pm
titan blows.. ICN is also a all around team.. iAM should play us in everything.. =)
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by ICN_TheProdigy

titan blows.. ICN is also a all around team.. iAM should play us in everything.. =)

we asked you guys this along time ago, and the answer was only warfare...why did you wait until you got bum and paw? this is what most clans are doing these days. hidding out until they can get the players to float them. not talking **** here, just pointing out how the community is today. but iim sure we will play you as we never turn down a match in any mode. we play to play, nothing more. we dont have anything to prove anymore. or at least i dont, already done that and im done with it...

EnVy must be earned"
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

settle down tiger....we don't need you climbing any fences now. this is supposed to be positive
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 11:01pm
sorry fase, but im starting to lose my attraction to this game. 

EnVy must be earned"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>