Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dante's Inferno

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dante's Inferno
    Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:33pm
After fully completing this game. I must say the artistic design is Phenominal. Running at 60fps really helps the experience feel very smooth and fluid. Never experienced any framerate drops at all. The story isn't mind-blowing, but it doesn't suck either. I've read reviews on complaints about how the game rips offs from other games ''Mainly DMC/God of War''.

Well i've beat and played all DMC and GoW games. And even though i noticed similarities. The mechanic's are executed well enough to ensure the gameplay is very solid. I've played it on Hellish and Zealot difficulty. Can be very challenging on Hellish/Infernal. Zealot/Classic felt way too easy. You could make alot of mistakes and still run through the game. Boss battles was decent. They did feel refreshing. And with the Holy/Unholy abilities to learn as well as Relic's. There is alot of custimization options, which is very welcomed. The way your able to string together combo's with Death's Scythe and Holy Cross. Really makes the game fluid, and you never get that ''stuck'' feeling.

Also, the defenese mechanics are extremely useful but simply. Mastering the Counter move is extremely useful on harder difficulties.For example there is a relic that allows you to block enemy attacks that Dante is normally not able to. So with that Relic, into play you can becoming a reckoning force.

There is a nice varitey of enemies. At the begining its the same lousy dudes until you finally get to Hell then the varitey starts. Some enemies are more dangerous then others. But there are specific combinations of enemies that can prove difficult against someone unwilling to master the mechanics. Going through my first time. There were some ''epic'' moments. Of just like ''holy ****'' because of the scale of some bosses/area's. Visceral games did a good job of making you fell like you were really in Hell. Or a realm thats sole creation was for punishment to damned souls.

My only complaints are...

-Length: Its a bit too short for my taste, I would have loved to explored the levels of hell a bit more.
-Creativity: Its obvious that the game has stolen idea's from other games. I felt like i was playing God of War more than DMC.
-Story:Even though its based on the divine comedy, its not even remotely detailed as the book is. ''Most'' things are true to the literature, but some rules are bent to make a game world of it practical.

But all in all. I've bought Heavy Rain and MAG. So ill be playing those two imeddiately. Probably going to go for Heavy Rain first. Considering i'lve been waiting on this game for 4 years.
misfit44 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:47pm
GREAT GAME but 2 short.
got the platinum trophy in about 4 days
 Post Reply Post Reply