Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 38>
Author
Team Archangels
Team Archangels

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Archangel_Fate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 2:20am

yeah everyone has their own beliefs infact i live by my tribes belief. So if people choose not to believe in god that's on them but i sure as heck do and i've had experences were angels are concerned aswell. But in native beliefe god is known by our people as the great spirit :) but see that's my beliefs i've had my experences so no matter what people say to me i remain... a believer ^_-

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:31am
Church and state can never be separated its like declaring that politics has no place in society. England, EU (France and Russia and maybe a few others aside) and USA are morally christian countries are they not? Do the main tenets of your laws conform to the 10 commandments? I think they do - perhaps thou shalt not kill is a little questionable as some states choose execution as a way of righting a wrong. Could you call them fundamentalists as in the traditional eye for an eye? I guess so. And the more liberal states that incarcerate/rehabilitate could be considered modernists? Maybe?
You are supposed to be tolerant and democratic even allowing views and beliefs that challenge yours because you will examine and learn at a deeper more meaningful level. Islam perhaps is in some ways less tolerant, more fundamental in its approach. There is only one version of the Qu'ran afaik (I would love to know if there are more and how they differ) so its easier than christians who seemingly have many gospels, several versions of the Bible at various stages of christian evolution. 
Is this where christianity is less able to meet the challenge of Islam - for me i think so but its my opinion. One thing I know is that when ppl sit down and discuss things as sensible human beings (not being childish - name calling, criticising spelling/grammar, nor being rude or disrespectful) we all learn more and understand better about things like religion and politics. I will say this though, generally speaking - if ppl continue to blatantly disrespect others  (whether christian, religious, atheist etc) then it's not worth having these threads, lock it down. if some of u guys cant say anything constructive or challenge anything in a civil way then dont say anything at all. believe or not, its your prerogative but heathy discussions for all plz.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Aquaknot

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

So there was Jesus, with his Disciples about to go to the Temple.  At the time, there was a "Temple Tax", which everyone hated, but had to pay if they wanted access to the Temple.  Turns out Jesus and his posse had no form of legal tender.  Jesus tells Peter, "go down to the water and you'll find a fish with a coin in its mouth. Go get it and bring it back here".  Peter goes on his way and comes back with the coin.  Jesus then says to Peter; "go to the Temple and pay my tax and yours so that we do not offend them".

Hmmm... so the moral of the story isn't just an apparent miracle, but Jesus worried about offending the very people he disagreed with.  Nice.
Aqua u missed one or two things out. Temple taxes were paid by everyone to the King, only the sons of the King didn't have to pay them. Jesus makes a point of this by enquiring to Peter the correct earthly protocol (as if he isn't aware). But he is making a statement that he too is the son of the highest authority, one higher than any earthly power. He does so by firstly the conversation then by getting Peter to complete a miraculous task.
Offending someone as retaliation doesn't teach his disciples the intended message. Although they cause offence in his father's house he respects their custom to demonstrate how pious they will need to be if they are to spread his teachings. Respect customs, even ones that contradict your own or cause u offence imo is the lesson. 

Wow,very good Trin-  I was just pulling out the part that fits current events with not offending others just to make a point.  Not many know that level of detail.  I'm impressed.
tnx Aqua! No offence taken, its about understanding and at least u understand the christian point of view. I'm not saying its right or whatever but its my take (and others too i would think). Food for thought tho. And a nice example of healthy debate without butt hurtiness!
DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Iuckshot

just shouting something out there wont convince a lot of people :o
so what your saying is that priests, vicars, etc. aren't doing anything worth while? :O

Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 7:46am
Originally posted by DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT

so what your saying is that priests, vicars, etc. aren't doing anything worth while? :O
That depends if u call preaching shouting something out and ur definition of something 'worthwhile'. Politicians do the same 'conversion-justification' preaching but consider a world without morality or 'rules' (structure) and then give me a better, workable alternative! 
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:13am
trin.. you people reallly LOVE to reach..

their are no christian states.. anywhere in the world.

church and state need to be seperated.

the difference between islamic govts and supposed "christian govts" is that the islamic govts are truly controlled by the religion, heck the supreme ruler a religious title in iran is the countries real leader.

also their laws are the laws of islam.. you can make a HUGE reach and attempt to say our constitution is based on the 10 commandments but thats really just sounds silly.

additionally in islamic govts they give power to other religious figures..  fatwas are handed out by religious leaders and the people have to live by them without question. their is no court that counteracts them and their is nooone can question them.

in "christian govts" you have nothing close to this.. infact christian govts dont exist.

dro:

i already mentioned the crusades.. and i was refering to modern day not something that happen a long time ago. the world evolves and many things people did back then that were acceptable arent acceptable today.. if you look at it tho its the islamic countries/laws that have been slow to advance and offer human rights.. they are still living the way christians lived hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

if you acctually read up on the crusades.. you will realize it was a massacre on both sides.. and that it was an attempt to reclaim land that was taken over by islamic armies.. do you think they bought the land or something? it was all war on both ends.. regardless if thats what you have to reach for to compare to modern day islam then that just proves my point all together. things happened in the past on both ends.. even excluding religion in general many awful things have happened in history.. lets not use those as excuses for people doing awful things in modern day.

trin dont get butt hurt.. not everyone debates the same way. its all a debate and if you cant handle a little bit of fiestyness or language then stay out of the fist of fury section.
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:26am

So there was Jesus, with his Disciples about to go to the Temple.  At the time, there was a "Temple Tax", which everyone hated, but had to pay if they wanted access to the Temple.  Turns out Jesus and his posse had no form of legal tender.  Jesus tells Peter, "go down to the water and you'll find a fish with a coin in its mouth. Go get it and bring it back here".  Peter goes on his way and comes back with the coin.  Jesus then says to Peter; "go to the Temple and pay my tax and yours so that we do not offend them".

Hmmm... so the moral of the story isn't just an apparent miracle, but Jesus worried about offending the very people he disagreed with.  Nice.
Aqua u missed one or two things out. Temple taxes were paid by everyone to the King, only the sons of the King didn't have to pay them. Jesus makes a point of this by enquiring to Peter the correct earthly protocol (as if he isn't aware). But he is making a statement that he too is the son of the highest authority, one higher than any earthly power. He does so by firstly the conversation then by getting Peter to complete a miraculous task.
Offending someone as retaliation doesn't teach his disciples the intended message. Although they cause offence in his father's house he respects their custom to demonstrate how pious they will need to be if they are to spread his teachings. Respect customs, even ones that contradict your own or cause u offence imo is the lesson. 

Wow,very good Trin-  I was just pulling out the part that fits current events with not offending others just to make a point.  Not many know that level of detail.  I'm impressed.
tnx Aqua! No offence taken, its about understanding and at least u understand the christian point of view. I'm not saying its right or whatever but its my take (and others too i would think). Food for thought tho. And a nice example of healthy debate without butt hurtiness!

Actually....there were many different people that didnt have to pay the tax....the tax takers didnt have to....well i think haha but im pretty sure more people then just the kings sons didnt have to pay
-Show me my Opponent-

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:52am
Originally posted by DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT

Its almost laughable to me that anyone saw my first post in this thread, and viewed it as shouting something out? or pushing my religion on them personaly? it apears that people carrry stereo types and use them to relate when they see something they think pertains to there own stereo types? DID I MENTIONED CHRISTIANITY IN MY FIRST POST? OR USE CAPS.? HM

religion to me is like this. Its between GOD and an individual

i don't see belonging to a church as a necessity, but a way to belong to a religious community if you so choose? listening to a pastor isn't the same thing as communicating with GOD! your personal relationship with GOD is whats important! Prayer is the only way to communicate with GOD!

Its not Christian vs Jew vs Muslim vs Pagan and so on! man creates those false conflicts! so there all just a distraction from true religion! so mentioning negative things that some people do in the name of religion is really a mute point because it has nothing to do with true religion!

witch is between you and GOD!

thats my take on true religion, and i know there's a GOD so i know its important for every individual to try to reach GOD.

If you disagree and choose not to believe that GOD exists then thats your choice. its that simple

to you dedicated athiests, i'll be praying that at some point you reach GOD or GOD reaches you! and you can believe that!

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:27am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/us_nyc_mosque_imam

amazing.. let them build a mosque on ground zero or we will be attacked by muslim extremists?

if these muslims really arent trying to put it on ground zero as a symbol of victory then they shouldnt care if its moved.. and for a group of people who demands you dont even do something as simple as make a comic about muhammed.. its amazing they cant understand why americans would take it offensive to have a mosque built on the site where islamic extremists killed thousands of people in a cowardly attack.

supposedly moving it will make "the muslim world" feel like its under attack.. this is coming from the same religion that wont allow churches in their country or christians in certain areas?

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:31am
Very good last post Zizle. Now we are getting some where:-)
That was a open minded objective post.
Cool.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Deadaim

<FONT> 
<FONT>amazing.. let them build a mosque on ground zero or we will be attacked by muslim extremists?
<FONT> 
<FONT>if these muslims really arent trying to put it on ground zero as a symbol of victory then they shouldnt care if its moved.. and for a group of people who demands you dont even do something as simple as make a comic about muhammed.. its amazing they cant understand why americans would take it offensive to have a mosque built on the site where islamic extremists killed thousands of people in a cowardly attack.

supposedly moving it will make "the muslim world" feel like its under attack.. this is coming from the same religion that wont allow churches in their country or christians in certain areas?

i do agree with you on the mosque. i also believe its to be built as a symble of there attack on this Country! therefore its not acually not a true religious structure or is it? its clear to me that it should not be built at the planned sight! and my oppinion has nothing to do with my religion but whats best for my country in this perticular situation.

there not going to stop the build so how can it be stopped without going against our own constitution? there inlies the problem? Its probably going to be built which is totally screwe'd up in my oppinion! i mean the balls some of these people have is unbelievable??? attack a country then use there own constitution to force them to allow you to build a mosque to commerate the attack? there's going to be a lot of angry Americans! It will create so much hate!

and they know this! the question i have is, are these mosque builders extremists or is that what being Islamic is really all about? because i really honestly don't know? muslims have to know this is going to create a lot of anti muslim anger in this country so why would they want that? its acually pretty bizar when you think about it.

im not anti anyone or any religion and im not try'n to sound like im being negative towards muslims but i just don't understand why any muslim would agree with this perticular mosque being built so near ground zero? they have to know howi sensetive to Americans and specially New Yorkers this situation is? thats much is obvious!

the bottom line is, Its going to cause nothing but anger and hate so why build it at that location unless thats what your intention is in the first place?

i for one don't want to se more anger and hate! its 2010 its time to try to end all the anger and hate isn't it?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 3:42pm
By AMIR SHAH, Associated Press Writer Amir Shah, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 4 mins ago

KABUL, Afghanistan – Hundreds of angry Afghans burned a U.S. flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

um ya.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Clap
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 3:57pm

its funny how people with ****ty lives are always against religion. its like your lives were so horrible you couldnt possibly fathom that their could be a god, why would your life so suck so bad if their was a god?

that post by lunchy is offensive, and pathetic.

ever notice that 99% of online gamers are atheist.. its not because they are some super smart people that managed to see thru the hype thats convinced 4 billion people that religion exists.. its because the same douches online are the same kids that grew up resenting life and being picked on every day, and thus thats why the majority of online gamers are atheists, and most are jobless little goofballs so most gamers = atheist liberals.

sucks being surrounded by a bunch of nerdy tools just because i enjoy video games.
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 4:01pm
Idiot #1  I'm going to burn a bunch of books because you are extemists.

Idiot #2  If you burns those books we feel that is extremist and offensive, so, we will kill Americans where ever we find them.

Idiot #1  God told us to burn these books, but we're still praying about it.

Idiot #2  God told us to kill anyone who burns these books, and anyone from the same country.

If these groups of people weren't so deadly serious and so seriously f***ed in the head, I would be laughing my ass off right now.  Instead, I'll be watching for Zellot to put up the popcorn picture Saturday morning.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 4:42pm

its funny how people with ****ty lives are always against religion. its like your lives were so horrible you couldnt possibly fathom that their could be a god, why would your life so suck so bad if their was a god?

ever notice that 99% of online gamers are atheist.. its not because they are some super smart people that managed to see thru the hype thats convinced 4 billion people that religion exists.. its because the same douches online are the same kids that grew up resenting life and being picked on every day, and thus thats why the majority of online gamers are atheists, and most are jobless little goofballs so most gamers = atheist liberals.

sucks being surrounded by a bunch of nerdy tools just because i enjoy video games.

@ me?  pmsl

Actually, I believe in the existence of GOD, as a concept of the good nature that is part of every person.  That being said I also believe in the existence of The Devil, as a concept of the evil that is part of every person.  How you live your life is the choice or even balance you make between the two.  Athiests believe in nothing... Agnostics believe in something.  My life isn't sh!tty because I don't follow a religion, on the contrary actually... when I was young I did the Sunday service thing and the "Christian Fellowship" thing.  I'm happier now I see clearly.

As for religion and worship?  One cult is as good as the next IMO.  There are tonnes of religions, of course religion exists, but does the deity/deities they worship?  Some people can't function without something to hold on to, without something to believe in, without the promise of something better...  Some of us can.  Each to his own.

And I'm still laughing at Lunchy's post LOL

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:15pm

<DIV =byline><CITE =vcard>By AMIR SHAH, Associated Press Writer <SPAN ="fn org">Amir Shah, Associated Press Writer</SPAN> </CITE>– <ABBR =recenttimedate title=2010-09-09T10:36:25-0700>2 hrs 4 mins ago</ABBR><!-- end .byline --> <DIV =yn-story->

KABUL, Afghanistan – Hundreds of angry Afghans burned a U.S. flag and chanted "Death to the <FONT style=": static; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; COLOR: #366388 !imant; FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" color=#366388><SPAN style=": static; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; COLOR: #366388 !imant; FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" =k>Christians</SPAN>" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

um ya.

thats not very tolerant or understanding? you can bet it will get even worse if the q'ran burning's acually take place!

but they do that type of thing all the time so its nothing new.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 7:44pm

amazing.. let them build a mosque on ground zero or we will be attacked by muslim extremists?

if these muslims really arent trying to put it on ground zero as a symbol of victory then they shouldnt care if its moved.. and for a group of people who demands you dont even do something as simple as make a comic about muhammed.. its amazing they cant understand why americans would take it offensive to have a mosque built on the site where islamic extremists killed thousands of people in a cowardly attack.

I totally agree with this post. You pinned the tale on the donkey! I got into an argument with someone at my work about this. he said people who protested there (at ground zero) are idiots because the Muslims 1st amendment is being violated. He said that that area of manhatten used to be populated by Arabs, and they should have the right to build a mosque there.  While I don't disagree that the Muslims have the right to build mosques, I could see how it could be offensive to New Yorkers who were directly affected by 9/11 as it was their city that was attacked. We all can speculate as to how New Yorkers feel, but none of us will know unless we were there. I know if I lost a loved one to 9/11 I'd of been there protesting too. I would consider it an insult.  Just move the mosque down the street so you don't piss people off. Problem solved. For the most part. Not the time nor place for the mosque plans.

"Both men, though, said they strongly support the center going forward. Rauf said moving it now would create the perception that "Islam is under attack" in America and would strengthen the ability of radicals to attract recruits." -from the article.

i think this statement is a crock of sh!t. I could give a sh!t about appeasing the Muslim world abroad. But i do care about the troops abroad that could deal with the consequences. And I do care about the people that were directly affected by 9/11. 
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 7:56pm

Church and state can never be separated its like declaring that politics has no place in society. England, EU (France and Russia and maybe a few others aside) and USA are morally christian countries are they not? Do the main tenets of your laws conform to the 10 commandments? I think they do - perhaps thou shalt not kill is a little questionable as some states choose execution as a way of righting a wrong. Could you call them fundamentalists as in the traditional eye for an eye? I guess so. And the more liberal states that incarcerate/rehabilitate could be considered modernists? Maybe?
You are supposed to be tolerant and democratic even allowing views and beliefs that challenge yours because you will examine and learn at a deeper more meaningful level. Islam perhaps is in some ways less tolerant, more fundamental in its approach. There is only one version of the Qu'ran afaik (I would love to know if there are more and how they differ) so its easier than christians who seemingly have many gospels, several versions of the Bible at various stages of christian evolution. 
Is this where christianity is less able to meet the challenge of Islam - for me i think so but its my opinion. One thing I know is that when ppl sit down and discuss things as sensible human beings (not being childish - name calling, criticising spelling/grammar, nor being rude or disrespectful) we all learn more and understand better about things like religion and politics. I will say this though, generally speaking - if ppl continue to blatantly disrespect others  (whether christian, religious, atheist etc) then it's not worth having these threads, lock it down. if some of u guys cant say anything constructive or challenge anything in a civil way then dont say anything at all. believe or not, its your prerogative but heathy discussions for all plz.

I think our country's laws are based on morals, not religion. Also, as far as the death penalty, "eye for an eye" is a little extreme of a reference. It's only reserved for the most heinous of murders with aggravating circumstances. Very few murder cases result in the death penalty being the judgment. That's not to say that the capital punishment system isn't flawed. Nothing's perfect.

I for the record was raised Roman Catholic. i'm not anymore. I'm not an atheist either. I believe in a god/higher power, but my view does not conform with (most) religion's view of god. I for the most part, think religion is f*cked and false. Just my view. Have a spiritual connection with your own version of god (if you want), have good morals, and you're all good. That's how I live.

This earth is too fragile for it to have been formed without a guiding hand.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:54pm
I've been so busy lately, I've just been picking around the edges of this issue.  I agree with deadaim on this secific issue.  Unfortunately, this is a very fluid matter that will continually be a tit for tat arrangement.

None of this should be a surprise though.  These are the guys that invented writing.  The first thing they wrote about is the exact same **** they are doing today.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:07pm

it also has to deal with the crap they feed in mainstream education.
i was in my college philisophy class today and the teacher brought up "contradictions" in the Bible that were either misintrepreted, not interpreted or just straight outta context.
i like the class but man its just -_- and most people believe everything someone with a doctorate or the title professor says
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:40pm

Could be because I refuse to believe what I am told!?  If there is a God, it is like nothing we could ever imagine, so why waste that time?  And 'if' there is a God, it has no heaven waiting for us.  It's about as crazy as believing Santa Claus, just because we were told about him.    Man between you and Paw, youv'e said the word 'Liberal' about two thousand times.  And yes, my childhood was terrible, I hated my life growing up, I got picked on every day at school, this is all true because Deadlame said so...
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

GOD is real! Non believers need to realise this before its to late!
my answer/question = 1st . WHY BELIEVE IN SOMEBODY ELSE IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
                                     2nd . if you can proof me that there's something/someone outer space who
                                              can proof/justify he's "god" , then "maybe" i'll believe you
                                               "NO OFFENCE TAKEN"

Uploaded with
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Could be because I refuse to believe what I am told!?  If there is a God, it is like nothing we could ever imagine, so why waste that time?  And 'if' there is a God, it has no heaven waiting for us.  It's about as crazy as believing Santa Claus, just because we were told about him.    Man between you and Paw, youv'e said the word 'Liberal' about two thousand times.  And yes, my childhood was terrible, I hated my life growing up, I got picked on every day at school, this is all true because Deadlame said so...
Well technically u do believe what u are told...
you cited the theory of evolution on me once, and made it look like u think its fact.
im also sure you believe the big bang i could be wrong about #2 though..

and with all due respect i doubt you or anyone on this site devotes their life to the study of biology so how would you know evolution is true unless someone else said so?

i will admit though lunchy i initially believed in God because my parents told me so.....
thats what the commandment truly means, "honor thy father and mother"....
it means to honor them and by honoring them you server the same God as them.
but in the new testament the whole law is summed up in love.

that being said i initially believed because i was told to (like santa clause lolololol using your example) i stayed because i know it works.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 12:17am
wow i was right! Rauf wrote a book stating the ground zero mosque is for stealth jihad! that being the case shouldn't it fall under national security? if so the president has an obligation to stop it don't he? id say so!

the reason for the mosque was obvious, but i didn't think it would be proved. writing a book was a bonehead thing to do.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 38>