Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Football Smack Talk '09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football Smack Talk '09
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

bama didnt look impressive at all, sorry to say that but its true...after watching all the games i can now say i pick them 3rd-4th in the SEC

lol well Bama didn't have the luxury of playing a Louisiana directional school to open the season as some schools (cough)Texas (cough) did;) I thought they started slow and made several mistakes which is typical for a first game. Btw you are forgetting that VT is suppose to have a top defense this year as they do most seasons. All in all I think Bama looked real good
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:57am
Without the bias who thinks the vikings or patriots have a chance? 
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 5:03am
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/t/195/NFL.html

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/e/105259/Super-Bowl-XLIV.html

I know most of u guys can't bet over there but anyone got any good tips? I'm quite into American Football after watching it endlessly over there...

LOL explorer... 50/1 for the dolphins, they aren't gonna do much. except get beat.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Danjel8

Patriots always have a chance to win it all, especially with Brady back. The Vikings, no way.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Patriots always have a chance to win it all, especially with Brady back. The Vikings, no way.
Pinn is right about the Patriots. They went 11-5 last year with a QB that hadn't started a game since high school. The Patriots are also in a weak AFC East.
Minnysoter has a tougher road in front of them. The Bears are improved and could be a playoff team if Cutler doesn't require another diaper change.
The Packers have an Aaron Rogers entering his 2nd year as a starter. The Packers didnt do well down the stretch because of a porous defense. They went out and got Dom Capers (mastermind of the 3-4) to fix that. -They could be a playoff team.
The Vikes won the division last year so, you can't count them out. Although, I don't see them in the SB. Even if the NFC is weaker than the AFC.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:44am

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/t/195/NFL.html

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/e/105259/Super-Bowl-XLIV.html

I know most of u guys can't bet over there but anyone got any good tips? I'm quite into American Football after watching it endlessly over there...

LOL explorer... 50/1 for the dolphins, they aren't gonna do much. except get beat.
Take the Patriots over the Bills opening week. I'm a Bills fan who knows just how much they are going to suck this year.
The Bills fired their offensive coordinator 2 weeks before opening day.
Yesterday, they cut their starting left tackle. What on god's green earth are they thinking?

Maybe during the season, when our favorite teams are playing other people's, we could do a live chat to talk smack during the games?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:33am
haha yeah sounds like fun, I'm gonna put a $50 bet on a team to win... I love watching all those super bowl adverts so lets hope my team make it ;)

Probs gonna go for an outsider tho!
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 5:48pm
who is ready to lose to me in fantasy???
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

who is ready to lose to me in fantasy???
Check out my team in the thread I authored about FF. I'm pretty sure your team would go down like a drunken prom date.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 4:54am
Tennesee didn't do too bad in their opening game... 
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:20am

Tennessee always plays Tittsburgh tough. Those are two very good teams.

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:39am
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Tennessee always plays Tittsburgh tough. Those are two very good teams.

Funny I like called them tittsburgh too or titsburger... reckon that would taste nice.

Only reason I bet on Tennessee is coz they are the Tit-ans
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:46pm
Not ripping on anyone....but how about them Packers???
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Ether404

What about them...They won a game @ home that they were outplayed in...Lack of veteran recievers killed the Bears....Packers didnt win, Bears lost it!

Cowboyz 1 - 0  All that matters too me
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:29am
Both the Packers and Cowboys are better than the so-called experts think. The Cowboys got no respect in their division. Everyone had the Eagles and Giants ahead of them. Dropping TO was addition by subtraction.
The Packers are a very good team too. Aaron Rogers is a very good QB who is showing leadership qualities. They are another team that could go deep into the playoffs.
Am I the ONLY Buffalo Bills fan here? I am hopeful but, the realist in me knows they are going to get stomped tonight. :(
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:45am
Buffalo has a pro team? JK!!!!!! Watch out for those Vikings. Things are still in disarray somewhat but once they start to gel, it'll be all over for the Bears and fudge Packers.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Both the Packers and Cowboys are better than the so-called experts think. The Cowboys got no respect in their division. Everyone had the Eagles and Giants ahead of them. Dropping TO was addition by subtraction.
The Packers are a very good team too. Aaron Rogers is a very good QB who is showing leadership qualities. They are another team that could go deep into the playoffs.
Am I the ONLY Buffalo Bills fan here? I am hopeful but, the realist in me knows they are going to get stomped tonight. :(

pReaCh!  I agree dont sleep on the Cowboyz this year!  I'm still not sold on the packers....They got an explosive offense but we'll see how their defense holds up through out the year...Addin Don Capers as their defensive coordinator was a good look...You could tell lastnight in the Bears game by the blitz packages they were using.  It's gonna be one hell of a NFL season!

My boy is a huge Bills Fan & i give him $h!t all da time for it...He sent me a Travis Henry bills jersey LOL...That dude has like 10 kids wit 10 different women!  play on playa Dead
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Buffalo has a pro team? JK!!!!!! Watch out for those Vikings. Things are still in disarray somewhat but once they start to gel, it'll be all over for the Bears and fudge Packers.

Vikings will beast if they just keep givin the rock to Adrian Peterson & Bret Favre slows his roll & manages the game....If he turns into the gunslinger then they just might bury themselves without the help from Bears & Packers!

Brian Urlacher = Out 4 Season after dislocating his wrist....Bears Season = F|_|CKED
Damn broadcasters JINXED him lastnight...Talkin about this is the healthiest he's been in years & see WTF happens!
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

What about them...They won a game @ home that they were outplayed in...Lack of veteran recievers killed the Bears....Packers didnt win, Bears lost it!

actually barber our tackle wasn't holding oguleye so rodgers keep getting sacked. If rodgers had more time to throw the ball he would have killed da bears defense, especially with all those turnovers yall had in da 1st half. Then yall tried to fake a punt which was dumb on their part, to be honest the refs tried to give yall that game especially at the end with that stupid illegal contact penalty on al harris that gave yall a 1st down when they should have had to punt.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

actually barber our tackle wasn't holding oguleye so rodgers keep getting sacked. If rodgers had more time to throw the ball he would have killed da bears defense, especially with all those turnovers yall had in da 1st half. Then yall tried to fake a punt which was dumb on their part, to be honest the refs tried to give yall that game especially at the end with that stupid illegal contact penalty on al harris that gave yall a 1st down when they should have had to punt.

LoL @ Refs tried to give Chicago that game...There was blown calls on both sides!  The center screwed up wit that fake punt...He counted 12 players on the field instead of 11 & tried to snap it real quick cuz Garret Wolf wasnt even ready for that...It was a good game, Maybe a little sloppy but what can you expect with the 1st game of the season...Without Urlacher Bears Defense is gonna STRUGGLE for the rest of the year.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:29pm

That Duke University Degree didn't cover math and and just plain common sense for that Long Snapper.

Even if they had 12 men why you would attempt that with a 2 point lead on 4th and 12 is mind boggling.

The first half was ridiculous. One of the best backs in the game went unused, so we could prove Cutlers d*** was bigger than Rogers??? poor coaching, poor play calling.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

That Duke University Degree didn't cover math and and just plain common sense for that Long Snapper.

Even if they had 12 men why you would attempt that with a 2 point lead on 4th and 12 is mind boggling.

The first half was ridiculous. One of the best backs in the game went unused, so we could prove Cutlers d*** was bigger than Rogers??? poor coaching, poor play calling.

I agree, The Bears offensive coordinator needs too get the hell outta dodge!  They should of started the game by establishing the run & then hittin them wit the play action...It's gonna be a long season for the Bears unless they get their $h!t together...
Bears host Steelers next week @ home & then on the road too Seattle...Could start off season 0 -3 While Packers host Cincy next week & then goto St Louis...Before they kno it they can find themselves 3 games back in the division....
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 8:24pm
i kno the next time they meet will be intense im waiting on those vikings now.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

i kno the next time they meet will be intense im waiting on those vikings now.

yes....waiting for Brett to choke as usual.  oh man i can't wait for it

If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
MrPaWwEeZy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrPaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:17pm
1 points good enoug for me!!!

hELL  Yea pats Lets gooooo!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>