Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2vs2 Warfare Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2vs2 Warfare Tournament
    Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 1:24am
why dont we just play multiple matches, like a team must play most of the teams. then the team with the best two records go at it for the finals. i just want to get this going fast and we can fill in later as this moves along...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 4:22am
I've got a partner, sign Lunchy and Ace up. Sorry Pinnacle but you can play with the Cokk.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:11pm

Don't want to play sinkhole or market district, envy will just attack the core on market district from across the map and that's no fun, the matches will be over in 2 minutes. Real warfare maps should replace those two, like Avalanche and Serenity or even Torlan. I like Floodgate and Power Surge over sinkhole and market district, I thought this was a Warfare game and not TDM. There should be more than 1 node in all of these games.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:18pm
Amen ace, amen!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:30pm
Serenity is an awesome 2v2 map... the distance to the core makes it a really solid test of teamwork.

Maps I would recommend, downtown, avalanche, serenity, floodgate, onyx coast and probably sinkhole... I think that could be alright in a 2v2 situation.

TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by T-H-E_ACE

<FONT>Don't want to play sinkhole or market district, envy will just attack the core on market district from across the map and that's no fun, the matches will be over in 2 minutes. Real warfare maps should replace those two, like Avalanche and Serenity or even Torlan. I like Floodgate and Power Surge over sinkhole and market district, I thought this was a Warfare game and not TDM. There should be more than 1 node in all of these games.

yeea he likes doing that huh.. lameoooooo..
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Xerxes View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xerxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:11pm
I would say maps like Market District and Sinkhole work, especially in a 2v2 situation. Had some extermely intense 2v2's there before, like the winning team having 1 core health left. I also agree bigger maps should be played as well, though maybe Torlan is too big? Serenity sounds like a good map to play, Downtown is a given.   As far as Avalanche and Onyx Coast go, I would say uneven maps should be left out to make things fairer.

We are playing a best of three or something along those lines are we not? If so then, playing some small and some big maps will provide good balance and make it fairer for all competitors, it seems quite a range have signed up.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by ICN_Danjel8

Serenity is an awesome 2v2 map... the distance to the core makes it a really solid test of teamwork.

Maps I would recommend, downtown, avalanche, serenity, floodgate, onyx coast and probably sinkhole... I think that could be alright in a 2v2 situation.

yeah but the spawn points in serenity are way to fuct up around the core area. i love serenity but its not a 2v2 map in the first place. sure it will favor the better orb running and team work. but when it gets down to attacking someones core, the spawn points are way off. team A could be attacking core (both players), then kill both team B players. they both would spawn at the tank area. no time to react to stop them. its horrible...

avalanche = same skill vrs same skill, blue team wins, period...4 vipers = to fast vrs 2 mantas.

floodgate = ok its a fair map but kind of to big imo for a 2v2

onxy coast = no, just no...lol. um in a 2v2 the levi is to stong at first, then when its dead 2 vipers, darkwalker and a fury will just have its field day controlling the power ups. no way is this a fair map. but ill play it as its my best map by far..

sinkhole = 2nd best 2v2 warfare map next to downtown. its a must have in this tourny..

EnVy must be earned"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:32pm
meaningless convo
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Harmerty

Originally posted by Xerxes

As far as Avalanche and Onyx Coast go, I would say uneven maps should be left out to make things fairer.

How is avalanche an unfair map... The team with two manta's has two scorpions that take the viper drivers out with two hits unless the are wearing some sort of shield and leave the viper free to be healed and used by the team if they choose. Avalanche on the PS3 is a piece of cake!! Onyx is a little iffy because if either team knows what they are doing that map isn't lopsided either.

It's all in the strategies!! 

lmao then you can have red, deal? you and noot should come and play in this..

its good to see you around.

EnVy must be earned"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:52pm
alright guys one more team and then we can get this thing started and for me warhore nets down so i might have to pick someone else if he's not up by time the last team registers
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:54pm
 These games should be on going matches, we should be playing the same teams more than once, therefore you can play the maps from opposite sides the 2nd time you meet. I see no reason just to play a few times and be done with this. I think we can keep playing and more and more players will start joining up to get in on the action. Besides some players have probably never played 2vs2 and will get better and better by playing several games. I know me and Lunchy have never played together 2vs2 so this will be new to us. Once this starts I seriously think we should keep playing these and have a good time with it.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:59pm
sounds good to me
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Deth_Right_Hand View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deth_Right_Hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:00pm

Make the matches 15 minutes and do king of the nodes. No core attacking. Then vehicles and all the "unfair" advantages wont matter... Gives The losing team more of a chance to make a come back and equals out the advantages of being a better shooter compared to better orb runners AND VICE VERSA...

Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Deth_Right_Hand

Make the matches 15 minutes and do king of the nodes. No core attacking. Then vehicles and all the "unfair" advantages wont matter... Gives The losing team more of a chance to make a come back and equals out the advantages of being a better shooter compared to better orb runners AND VICE VERSA...

I'm an orb runner, you jerk. That sounds horrible. And what's the pt. of a 15min time limit, might as well set it at 1min, why play for 15min at 100 core health.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deth_Right_Hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by T-H-E_ACE

Originally posted by Deth_Right_Hand

I'm an orb runner, you jerk. That sounds horrible. And what's the pt. of a 15min time limit, might as well set it at 1min, why play for 15min at 100 core health.
IDK.. It doesnt matter 2 me either way. Its jus silly to argue bout wats fair and not fair... The point of 15 minutes is so ppl can actuall havee play time and a lil fun. Aint that wat everyone says this is all about???  I can capture the enemy prime and take a shaped charge and redeemer to an enemy core and end a match real quick, but wheres the fun in that? I dnt care wat mapes get played. $h!t, y not jus let the players vote on the map in game. If u dnt get 2 play tha map u want tough $h!t. I dnt care wat maps get played even or uneven, myself.  Either side can win in an equal talented match, no matter wat the map bn played is.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:28pm
Cool Deth, I still believe this should be an on going thing too, there's no need to stop playing these games once we start, more players will join up as were playing. These games will be fun and shouldn't be played for any other reason. That's why I don't think we should just play to see who's the best team then quit. Players will get better as they play in this and teams will get used to each other as they play, that will make the game more interesting as we keep playing. I know Lunchy and I have never played together and we won't be able to practice ever, we'll just show up and play.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:31pm
meaningless convo
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deth_Right_Hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:33pm
I agree... Im in the same situation with prodigy(assuming were still playing). Ive hardly played with him, but I have nuthing to prove in these matches, I jus want 2 have good fun games for him,I, and all the other teams....
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:35pm
lets get this thing going asap, i want to play now. yo deth and prod will you guys play vrs me and lunar tomorrow? any team willing to play asap? i dont care, just want to play and get this going.

EnVy must be earned"
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deth_Right_Hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:49pm
I cant say we will 2morrow.I gotta talk with him and see whens best 4 us all, but yeah I have no prob playing u guys.Thats fine, as long as we play 1 mach of islander, we get tha vehicle side and u guys are tha blue team... Cool??? Jus kidding, 4real tho, I havent seen him much lately, so I need a lil more time to get things strait with him b4 we can jump into this...
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:26am
well i dont care, i just want to get this going. who or what 2 player team can play asap? we will play you...

EnVy must be earned"
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

well i dont care, i just want to get this going. who or what 2 player team can play asap? we will play you...

I'll need around 7 months to get ready. Just kidding. Hit me up.
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:34pm
im still with ya deth.. i will send u a psn tonight.. prob cant play till friday night.. maybe sat and going to a game on sunday.. monday is best for me, or tues.. after 7pm EST
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by ICN_TheProdigy

im still with ya deth.. i will send u a psn tonight.. prob cant play till friday night.. maybe sat and going to a game on sunday.. monday is best for me, or tues.. after 7pm EST

Game on Sunday? NBA playoffs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>