Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Q3AA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q3AA
    Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:48pm
So, worth getting Tuna?
Got Pwned?

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:51pm

yeah, i think so. since you can strafe jump it's a lot faster than ut3 plus no auto aim which is awesome.

The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:53pm
Tourney Mode is duel mode bro.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:58pm
Plus I should be getting it tomorrow or friday for sure.  Add me for Duels/CTF/TDM

GeNovaZ
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 6:58pm
GAME IS A f***ING DISAPPOINTMENT 
name_is_clantag
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 7:55pm
LMAO Clap
PSN:Imaginative
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by RemY

GAME IS A f***ING DISAPPOINTMENT 
LOLLLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:11pm
Seifer said Quake is real good.. im getting it 4 sure
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:41am
it sucks balls..... Movement is no where as fluent as its PC counterpart.
When hosts dashboard it crushes your console instead of kicking you out... :/

I Hope Nexuiz Doesn't get dumbed down like Quake has -_-
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 6:18am
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

nexuiz already got dumbed down. besides movement speed is fine its just the functionality and customization is not there. they released an unfinished product.
name_is_clantag
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:09am
if you guys want a fully functioning product that isnt dumbed down or has auto aim.. just play quakelive.

nexuiz is alright.. if its your only option.. but honestly side by side to quakelive is inferior

anyhow heard this game came out and wanted to see what you guys thought of it.. doesnt sound like anything worth buying a 360 for.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:55am
i was playing quakelive and didnt get that same feeling i got when playing ut3 or nexuiz for the first time.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:59pm
dont know what to tell ya bro... quake is the best.. remy knows what hes talking about!

they have native 360 controller support aswell..

i hadnt played any quakelive in over a month.. heard about the quake arena arcade from a buddy and played some quakelive last night to see what i was missing.. and honestly the game is great.

if the 360 version of quake starts getting some stellar reviews.. id be down to play some of it this cold ass winter.. but i really dont see anything but a clusterf*** coming out of that game.. it wasnt made by id or raven.. whatever tho if its good and ppl like it ill check it out

LeX View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote LeX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:42pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60QdlBXekDM

Any game.. and I do mean ANY game getting "ported" or "Built from the ground up"  for a console is gonna suffer the dumbed down factor. It is just what must be done to accomodate for the lack of precision you have with a controller. This doesnt apply to just 360.. but to original xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast. Each had a subpar port of either UT and/or Quake.

I grew up playing quakeworld and every other quake since.. But I also played on consoles at the same time and each and every arena port I have played is the same and so are the complaints from people.

@Nova

I would suggest you NOT buy this simply cause I know how much you love Dueling in QL and I remember how much you used to complain in the UT3 days about PC > PS3/360. So let me help you save your $15 cause this version of quake is basically Vanilla Q3A. Stock maps, stock RJ height, strafe jumping speed/distance. Weapon dmg is modified for console but more importantly there is NO Tourney mode. Thats right none. So if you want to duel its gonna have to be FFA mode for 2ppl max. There is No spectator mode what so ever and if any of you had the slightest difficulty aiming w/controller in UT3 then this will be a rude awakening for you.  There is zero auto aim and zero magnetism so unless your an avid controller user or have been playing these shady ass ports since back in the day then it'll give you some trouble.

@phant

Quake is amazing man, Deadaim and remy will agree. Its basically like a father to UT since Quake came first but I say give it time. You came a long way in UT3 to where you are now so I really think with enough effort/time/practice you'll learn to appreciate it for what it is. Plus it'll def. make you a better UT'er haha

To anyone else still on the fence..Yes there are alot of drawbacks and bugs to the game. But if you in the slightest bit enjoy Quake then this is a great game to pick up and play with your buds. The skill gap is larger then that of UT3 so give it a chance.

/endlexrant

Dodgeball...     Come get some.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:26pm
I agree Lex.. i was acctually trying to make that point when i said just get quakelive if you dont want it dumbed down.. not trying to insult console games at all but thats just how it goes.. i, like yourself, have played pc games from the start.. but ive also played all the console shooters aswell and its just how it goes.. console games need to be a little slower and have tweaks to make them console friendly.

if i already owned a 360.. this game would be a no brainer.. and phant nexuiz is using the quake engine.. so you misewell just get quake if you are only gonna get one.. the tweaks nexuiz has made provide for an intresting mod but in my opinion the weapons are really whack.. even on the pc they seemed to be designed to not be precise.

but nexuiz and quake arena are both gems that console players should consider themselves lucky to have the option to play instead of just the massively popular stuff like halo.. anyone who enjoyed ut3 and plays on 360 is doing themselves a disservice by not picking those games up.

i aint going to diss anyone.. but some of yall still playing ut3.. thats proof that their aint **** to play on consoles thats good. this entire forum should of been buying quake arena arcade in the first 10 minutes of release.. its finally something new for you to play that is on ut3's level (well above it but you get the point)

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by LeX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60QdlBXekDM

Any game.. and I do mean ANY game getting "ported" or "Built from the ground up"  for a console is gonna suffer the dumbed down factor. It is just what must be done to accomodate for the lack of precision you have with a controller. This doesnt apply to just 360.. but to original xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast. Each had a subpar port of either UT and/or Quake.

I grew up playing quakeworld and every other quake since.. But I also played on consoles at the same time and each and every arena port I have played is the same and so are the complaints from people.

@Nova

I would suggest you NOT buy this simply cause I know how much you love Dueling in QL and I remember how much you used to complain in the UT3 days about PC > PS3/360. So let me help you save your $15 cause this version of quake is basically Vanilla Q3A. Stock maps, stock RJ height, strafe jumping speed/distance. Weapon dmg is modified for console but more importantly there is NO Tourney mode. Thats right none. So if you want to duel its gonna have to be FFA mode for 2ppl max. There is No spectator mode what so ever and if any of you had the slightest difficulty aiming w/controller in UT3 then this will be a rude awakening for you.  There is zero auto aim and zero magnetism so unless your an avid controller user or have been playing these shady ass ports since back in the day then it'll give you some trouble.

@phant

Quake is amazing man, Deadaim and remy will agree. Its basically like a father to UT since Quake came first but I say give it time. You came a long way in UT3 to where you are now so I really think with enough effort/time/practice you'll learn to appreciate it for what it is. Plus it'll def. make you a better UT'er haha

To anyone else still on the fence..Yes there are alot of drawbacks and bugs to the game. But if you in the slightest bit enjoy Quake then this is a great game to pick up and play with your buds. The skill gap is larger then that of UT3 so give it a chance.

/endlexrant

good post.

it took me like 3 or 4 matches to get the hang of it and i'm already doing good. played like 10 matches with shindeon last night and the dude is a beast. we played a few 6 player ffa matches and i noticed how much skill it takes to win (if you make it to where the weapons disappear when you pick them up). all about map control. hardest weapon for me to use is the lightning gun but other than that i adapted well since i played ut3. ut3 ctf is a joke compared to QAA too. QAA ctf is so much better.

do you think they will release content so we can play duel or that clan arena type (think that's what it's called)?
- Best Coast

LeX View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote LeX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:48pm
glad im not the only one that loves QAA ctf :)

I really dont know about the content though..it seems like its gonna be a pain in the ass contacting iD/Pi devs for any kind of support. Meanwhile the nexuiz devs are cool as **** so thats a plus
Dodgeball...     Come get some.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by LeX

@Nova

You don't have to worry about me buying this game anytime soon...I just spent(or my parents did) over 800 on a new computer for a holiday gift, and I should be sticking to the pc for my arena shooters.  Yeah I remember how much I used to complain about PC>PS3/360 for UT3, or any arena shooter.  If I do buy QAA, then it's because I have extra Microsoft Points to spend from buying too many Downloadable rock band songs. 

As much as a Quake fan I am now, I began playing Q3 CPMA, and to be quite honest, the CTF is the best CTF I have ever played in any game in my entire life.  Yeah I will be still playing UT3 once I get my PC, and I do regret saying that I would get UT3 for the PS3 and buy a ps3 so many times.  But I think it's time to move on to Quake Live full time.  This is the only game I can put dedication and hours into without getting frustrated(besides the sucky netcode on Quakelive xD)

And Nexuiz, I knew that game would be wayy better than QAA from the start.  The developers from Nexuiz are amazing, and the PC version is tons of fun imo, and is just a step below Quake for Fun Factor.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 3:38am
QAA takes a few games to get used to but once you get the hang of it, it really is an awesome game to play. Anyone who is interested in ut3 and owns a 360 should definately pick it up guys its only 15$ just dont be too quick to judge it. If anyone from here has it and enjoys it send me a f/r- Bird is Fn A
duzyBYK View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote duzyBYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
Hello everyone :) QAA is a good game but I'm so mad that there is no duel mode!

Lex gg last night. I don't know how to play ctf :P
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:09am
!
- Best Coast

Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 1:43pm
Can't wait to take this bad boy online - been trying to get my bearing and learn some of these maps through the campaign before hopping online.  Any tips for a q3aa noob?
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Carn4ge 0

Can't wait to take this bad boy online - been trying to get my bearing and learn some of these maps through the campaign before hopping online.  Any tips for a q3aa noob?

DM/TDM-Time Quad, items, and weapons

CTF - Know where the locations of the map are(High, Low, Mid, etc)

Red Armor=100 Armor
Yellow Armor=50 Armor
Green Armor=25 Armor (Don't know if it's available in QAA)
Armor Respawn time=25 seconds

Mega Health=100 Health(Time it!, make sure you or your teammates get it in DM, CTF, or TDM!)
MH Respawn time=35 seconds-try to pick up MH on a multiple of 5 seconds to time easily

Know your weapons!
RL=Rocket Launcher - on every map in the game, very useful weapon.  Be sure to pick this weapon up.  Also a good spam weapon.  Direct hits do alot of damage
Rail - Good weapon.  Very easy to hit things with from a distance.  Does I think 70 Damage?  Be sure to pick this up if it's available on the map
Shotgun - Available on most maps.  Very useful up close.  Should be buffed in QAA.
Plasma Gun - Good spam weapon and for up close.
LG=Lightning Gun - Available on alot of map.  Good for medium-short range.  Hitscan weapon, very good if you are accurate.
BFG- Available on few maps.  Pick it up for ****s and giggles.
Grenade Launcher - Very good spam weapon.  Does massive damage if you hit.
Machine Gun - Desperate Weapon.  Also a good weapon to use if someone is very low on HP.
Gauntlet - Humiliation.  Good to use up close.

Now I don't have QAA, but I know you can Bind weapons.  Be sure to bind these weapons to your D pad on your controller
Up- Rocket Launcher
Down-Shotgun
Left-Railgun
Right-Lightning Gun
Bind any other non used buttons to a weapon of you're choice.

Be sure to know how to strafe jump.  I know it's limited in QAA as from what I heard, but it is very useful in CTF to speed up with the flag or catch up to an enemy.

Be sure know how to rocket Jump to get to higher places or speed up as well!

Hope this helps.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 2:44pm
Good deal - I'm fairly familiar with the ins and outs of the game just from campaign play, but am not 100% sure on the strafe and rocket jumps.

Is there anything to strafe jumping in qaa besides continually jumping?  Such as stick direction, etc.  For a rocket jump do I need to jump them fire the rocket immediately?  Thanks for the heads up.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 3:15pm
well it depends on what kind of rocket jump you wanna do.  If you wanna go fast like if youre carrying the flag, then aim at the wall slightly behind you, and shoot the rocket to move fast.  To climb a high elevation, aim beneath you slightly and jump and shoot very quickly.  Only rocket jump when neccessary, though, because it may waste alot of health and armor if done to waste time.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>