Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dueling Tips and One on One Help with Fn A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dueling Tips and One on One Help with Fn A
    Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:48am
i think I'll see if any of ya'll want to help me cuz I flat out suck in pure duel
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
WEAPoNiZ3D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:00am
i could do with some help, if any1 is offering
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:06am
I would gladly help anyone improving their game. Just PM me and we'll work something out.
name_is_clantag
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:21pm
i hope this isnt another one of those threads where everyone says "they will", or "ill be there"...then never show up. bc i see players on here talking the same thing like they did in the team US thread saying they would show up but didnt. ill be looking for you guys on saturday. 

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:30pm
Some tips / guidance or w/e would be great, I really need to improve my aiming across all modes. :)

When you guys usually on?
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

Some tips / guidance or w/e would be great, I really need to improve my aiming across all modes. :)

When you guys usually on?

The other guys on this thread are much better than me when it comes to movement/strategy...but what I can say for aim... at least what really helped me was 2 things...playing instagib...and playing with nothing but sniper and shock.  Do that for a while and your aim will get much better.  Or sometimes I'll just host a LAN match by myself go into deck and just do wall dodge combos...boot combo's etc....try to hit a certain spot on the wall with the sniper while falling...stuff like that...
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:05pm
I play a lot of Instagib DM and aren't too bad at dueling with it but when it comes to pure I'm just awful. :|
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:20pm
I used to play a lot of DM and the mindset is totally 100% different....in DM your always up in people faces in dueling you have to be more calmed down and thinking about not only what you are doing but what your opponent is doing...especially in PURE. 

It takes a while to get used to it...I'm not saying I'm good now...but when I first started dueling it took several weeks of getting stomped before I started getting better.  You have to dedicate yourself to getting better...not just play a pure duel here and there...play it everytime you are in the game.

I don't know if it's just me...but I find that if I play duel as my first few games of the night I play better the whole night....if I start out in ctf or tdm...I don't duel as well later in the night.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 3:46pm
I'm pure w@nk at dueling so if anyone has the patience of a saint and is willing to help me out then I'll owe you forever.Smile

I play a hell of a lot of instagib DM and yeah it's improved my aim and improved my dodging ability quite a lot (you don't want to know how bad I was before) but any duel, even instagib, and I'm toast.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:12pm
i can teach you how to get the sheildbelt every time to make the other dude mad lol. and how to impact peoplesBig smile
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by PcX_CoRRuPTeD1

i can teach you how to get the sheildbelt every time to make the other dude mad lol. and how to impact peoplesBig smile

lol yeah ok I'll take that but do I get to pick who I make mad after you've shown me the way? Big smile
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_CoRRuPTeD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

Originally posted by PcX_CoRRuPTeD1

lol yeah ok I'll take that but do I get to pick who I make mad after you've shown me the way? Big smile
well ya cant take mine if thats what ya mean
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:00am
Again, anyone need help shoot me a PM or the other instructors. I will be on late saturday but will be on for a couple days! 
name_is_clantag
ninefive View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ninefive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:27am
Originally posted by RemY

Again, anyone need help shoot me a PM or the other instructors. I will be on late saturday but will be on for a couple days! 

you gonna have them watch you so they know exactly what not to do ?
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:42am
yea. im planning on doing different things. Analyze them, watch me, 1 on 1 help throughout the maps. then question and answeres
name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:09am
we reserve the right to refuse to help someone. hint starts with an e

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:31am
Originally posted by FoeBia

Who is e ?
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:13am
I'll try to pass on what i learned from ForceOfGod........

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:31am
i know the basics but i need to keep playin more players better than me, i need people who are good enough to tell me where im going wrong by playing me n spectating me n then giving me feedbacK, timing, routes, different jumps , weapons tactics etc specially on certain maps im not too comfortable on, i already know most of you guys n playin u on xbox made me better, but any1 readin this who thinks they can and are willing to help me then dont hesitate to hit me up.

also i know this is a duel thread but i need and want help in ctf, i really dont play enough of it but id like to, i know i could be pretty good with the right help so again any1 readin this who thinks they can and are willing to help me then please dont hesitate to hit me up
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 6:30am
Originally posted by WEAPoNiZ3D

Originally posted by FoeBia

Who is e ?

It's EN3MY o!
Unlucky :P
Greeny View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 6:35am
lol oh ye i remember shinobi teachin me stuff on sentinel n some other maps n i remember him sayin this is what kali taught me :)

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Drokun

It's EN3MY o!Unlucky :P

oh well, thats me F*#KeD ! spose i'll have to figure sh*t out by myself

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:34am
i get the message
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 11:41am
its envy... drokun you clown lol. enemy your fine
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 11:49am
Help me help you
PSN:Imaginative
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>