Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [25.42%]
44 [74.58%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strider wants to know....
    Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:00am
pussycats
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
Ping doesn't determine lag tho... I think London is further away from NY than Texas but not by much.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:02am
Warfare and vCTF are the modes where ping matters least.
Ping = Your delay (lag) in ms.  100 ping is 0.1 seconds delay, though on a wireless connection or some other situations on your end it can be a bit worse than what the ping says
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Drokun

Warfare and vCTF are the modes where ping matters least.Ping = Your delay (lag) in ms.  100 ping is 0.1 seconds delay, though on a wireless connection or some other situations on your end it can be a bit worse than what the ping says
another bull **** statement who da f*** are you to say where ping dosent matter the most no one can say that ping matters in all modes what a f***ing retarded spacko u are!
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:07am
Drokun why do you believe it matters least in VCTF and Warfare?
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Danjel8

Ping doesn't determine lag tho... I think London is further away from NY than Texas but not by much.
yeah it does you talk to any pc ut3 playa n they tell u it does= u have a ping of 70 mine is 150 soz mate but you have a better connection! u really should read up on it mate b4 u say silly stupid stuff like that!
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:12am
I have read up on it...
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:12am
When i see some1 and i try to get off my hoverboard, an it takes more than a second to do so, and i get shot off the board, i think ping matters alot there! tryin to snipe is harder when hefty ping is present, s combo's get harder with 70+ping+autoaim!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:14am

simple answer because his **** at them modes and his an penguins a**es are still very very sore from the beastin i gave em! its another example of foot mode players talking **** on modes they know nothing of! to say ping matters least on war/vctf shows what a complete f***ing waste and homo he is!
!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

When i see some1 and i try to get off my hoverboard, an it takes more than a second to do so, and i get shot off the board, i think ping matters alot there! tryin to snipe is harder when hefty ping is present, s combo's get harder with 70+ping+autoaim!
lol 4 once im agreeing wth u! i need 2 sit down lol!
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:17am
Yeah I know how ping works... but sometimes my ping is 220 and it lags, sometimes its perfect.

Sometimes I lag at 40 ping...

You can manipulate ping.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:22am
1369 miles from Dallas to NY
3459 miles from London to NY
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:23am

I have read up on it...
dont know what your reading then?? u should go on sum of the pc ut3 websites n make dat post about ping soz but every one would be ltao u would be ridiculed! can u imagine drunken posting that on there that vctf n war ping matters the least f***ing absolutely hysterically!
!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:24am

1369 miles from Dallas to NY3459 miles from London to NY
exactly danjel
!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:25am
I don't know where EnVy lives but..

New York host
The direct distance between New York and Dallas is 1373 miles.
The total distance from New York, NY to London, United Kingdom is 3,471 miles.

EnVy would have the advantage by 3471 - 1373 = 2098 miles.

Almost all dedicated servers should be either in London or Switserland, now I don't know the exact locations of the servers either but..

London host
Distance from London to London is not a lot.
Distance from Dallas to London is 4757 miles.

strider would have the advantage by 4757 miles.

Bern, Switserland host
Distance from Dallas, Texas USA to Bern, Switzerland is 5208.8 miles.
Distance from London to Switserland is 465.56 miles.

strider would have the advantage by 5208.8 - 465.56 = 4743.24 miles.

2098 < 4743.24 < 4757
New York host is therefore the best solution by far if you're doing just 1 host.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:30am

The encounters are often more close quarters meaning actual reflexes and response time are more important. In a mode like warfare it is possible to do as little killing as needed by reading the map/just doing objective based tasks such as running the orb.
In team deathmatch a death can be a lot more significant towards your loss than in warfare as well in a close game.

I was actually working on that comparison before you posted that earlier Danjel :P
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:31am
LOL strider I think YOU need to read up on it a bit more.

Now lag isn't just caused by bad pings. Lag has become a generic tag for many problems in multiplayer games. You can break lag into three main categories:

Bad ping - Latency cause by a slow connection to the game server.

Server Lag - You may notice on server that has a good ping you may stutter or not feel in sync. This can be caused by poor hardware performance by the server and it can't keep up with the player load or other players with high pings are also on the server causing latency problems.

System Lag - This is your computer, which is causing the problem. This can be caused by many factors. The most common is not enough RAM, but not enough video card memory or a CPU that is not up to the job can cause lag. So your receiving data from the game server just fine but it is not being processed on your end for whatever reason fast enough. This can cause hiccups, stuttering and a slew of other problems.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/ping.php

Trust me I know that lag is semi-related to ping but it isnt definitive that ping creates/determines lag. I could manipulated my ping so it appeared it the 400 mark, my connection wouldn't be as good on ut3 but it would still be semi-playable.

When AOL throttle my connection between 5.15 and 10.45 daily my ping doubles so I know ping can give a clue to lag. However when I play between 5.15 and 10.45 on EU hosts my ping is 220 and I lag a lot. When I play on US servers before or after my lag time I have a ping of 220 but it doesn't lag much at all, infact the A-R server felt like an EU server the other day.

I know American players have a big advantage with us playing on their servers but ping isn't 110% fool proof way to gauge lag.
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:32am

I don't know where EnVy lives but..New York hostThe direct distance between New York and Dallas is 1373 miles.The total distance from New York, NY to London, United Kingdom is <big>3,471</big> miles.EnVy would have the advantage by 3471 - 1373 = 2098 miles.Almost all dedicated servers should be either in London or Switserland, now I don't know the exact locations of the servers either but..London hostDistance from London to London is not a lot.Distance from Dallas to London is 4757 miles.strider would have the advantage by 4757 miles.Bern, Switserland hostDistance from Dallas, Texas USA to Bern, Switzerland is 5208.8 miles.Distance from London to Switserland is 465.56 miles.strider would have the advantage by 5208.8 - 465.56 = 4743.24 miles.2098 < 4743.24 < 4757New York host is therefore the best solution by far if you're doing just 1 host.
all of that is complete bull**** you go n ask the jw clan any pc ut3 website and they will tell you he is chatting arse holes like he knows but his wrong! when i get on my pc later im gonna post sme thing on here that proves that bull **** totally wrong! = drunken gay boy wants total 2 win very very much awww bless him little dm playa voting 4 envy another total_homo! how about 3 v 3 eu host are eu players o hang on a minute your ducking aint you f***ing pussycats
!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Striderfx

simple answer because his **** at them modes and his an penguins a**es are still very very sore from the beastin i gave em! its another example of foot mode players talking **** on modes they know nothing of! to say ping matters least on war/vctf shows what a complete f***ing waste and homo he is!

On another note.. I don't know what you did but if you whooped penguin and mine a** at the same time.. how? I wasn't aware there was a 3rd team that goes against red and blue.

umm wut? GOOGLE LIED?!
Obviously it's not perfect, it's the best possible solution though, given that you're not playing on 2 servers.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:33am

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

lol 4 once im agreeing wth u! i need 2 sit down lol!
   Why is that surprising? 98% of the UT3 community will always agree with me! However, from what I see, 95% doesnt agree with you! Some times numbers lie, and some times...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:34am

The encounters are often more close quarters meaning actual reflexes and response time are more important. In a mode like warfare it is possible to do as little killing as needed by reading the map/just doing objective based tasks such as running the orb.
In team deathmatch a death can be a lot more significant towards your loss than in warfare as well in a close game.

I was actually working on that comparison before you posted that earlier Danjel :P

Its cool I agree, I just wanted to see why you said it. The only factor I disagree with is the hoverboard in those modes, with lag its nearly impossible to use. To be honest, if its lagging just leave the server :D
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:36am
danj u need to look up on it more! you are righ that ping dosent allways determine lagg but it f***ing helps alot mate!
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:37am

danj u need to look up on it more! you are righ that ping dosent allways determine lagg but it f***ing helps alot mate!

LOL I agree with that. Its pretty much what I just said ;)
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:39am
what i should jus play him on a US server= nah soz haters holla at stridz when these pussycats r ready to play! every one knows im down both hosts peace! :) love u all u r so knowledgeable
!
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:43am

what i should jus play him on a US server= nah soz haters holla at stridz when these pussycats r ready to play! every one knows im down both hosts peace! :) love u all u r so knowledgeable
'nah soz'   ??????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>