FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seifer needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seifer needs help
    Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:56pm
Seif can't join ut3 multi player for some reason? he tried his disc in a friends ps3 and it works fine in that one

i think its corrupted data... the only thing ut3 that he has dl'd lately is anarchy halls

any idea's on how to fix it?

i don't want to have to rage quit the ctf tourney, because he can't paly :( jks
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:03pm
i tryd to help him trouble shot it, my ps3 freezes if i go to my friends list everytime.
seif n i think the only thing that will fix it would be to delete the imported mods but it freezes him out when he try's to, also disabiling the mods is would probably fix i,t tho it sounds as tho he needs to glitch it to freeze due to player created content.  seif cant even play instant action without it freezing up on him
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:30pm
have you tried to run the hard drive for errors? Ive had a sony tech walk me trough it to clean out errors and corrupted data, without losing saved data it did help.
[/url]
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by CKC_TRIPHOP

have you tried to run the hard drive for errors? Ive had a sony tech walk me trough it to clean out errors and corrupted data, without losing saved data it did help.
if you would post the steps here it would be appreciated.
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by CKC_TRIPHOP

without losing any saved data? that may be what he needs to do then
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:22am
See? Anarchy Halls = NO GOOD
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:37am
Have you tried to delete your save files from the dashboard of PS3?  Doing that may solve the issue, not sure though.
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:51am
* Disable your mods, then try the game offline/ online for a some time.
 - if it works without mods, then mods are your problem.

- the solution is then to delete all mods, testing each mod 1 by one.

*Never download from the server; always download from the original Author/ original link - [or as close to source as possible]
- do not delete saves; Unless you have made backups!

- you can transfer 'saves' to a memory stick/ External HDD or PS3 cloud

Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by The Keyboard Samurai

* Disable your mods, then try the game offline/ online for a some time.
 - if it works without mods, then mods are your problem.

- the solution is then to delete all mods, testing each mod 1 by one.

*Never download from the server; always download from the original Author/ original link - [or as close to source as possible]
- do not delete saves; Unless you have made backups!

- you can transfer 'saves' to a memory stick/ External HDD or PS3 cloud

the whole point is that he can NOT DISABLE THE MODS, if he could just turn them off that wouldnt be a problem
CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 8:56pm
ok to rebuild the database without losing data you:
1. press and hold the power button until the machine turns on and beeps three times then turns back off.
2. press and hold the power button again until you here a double beep and then the system will remain on it will ask you to connect a controller via cable directly to the ps3 usb.
3. once you connect the controller and hit the ps button 6 optionds will be presented like this:
     1. restart system
     2. restore default settings
     3. restore file system
     4. rebuild database
     5. restore ps3 system
     6. system update
4. select option 4 (rebuild database) and run it it will say it will take a couple hours but mine was done quickly. It only takes that long if there is severe corruption or you have a huge drive. 
5. it shouldn't delete any saved game data, save games or media just kinda like defrags the hard drive and checks it for errors. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MESSAGES SENT/RECEIVED (but for me that was a blessing s it cleaned house for me lol) 

After that the only thing I can think of is to uninstall the game itself(not profiles/save game data etc. and reinstall a fresh copy as sometimes the updates STACK on top of one anotherand cause issues(just a guess there)
[/url]
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:13am
get back on topic...

has seif tried any of the tips yet syz? id make back-ups of the save data JUST INCASE
Sapient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sapient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:33am
I had the same problem. Was signed into PSN but could not play UT3 multiplayer. My alt account signed in no problem. I believe the issue is with gamespy. After 4 days i could log in again. It had nothing to do with my PS3 or UT3 files i had loaded on my ps3. Your friend will most likely be able to sign in and play in a few days if not already.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by TX2k7

get back on topic...

has seif tried any of the tips yet syz? id make back-ups of the save data JUST INCASE

i'll let Seif post what he's already tried TX... i might get it mixed up and send yall in circles lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 1:12pm
delete the UT3 game data and reinstall the game, patch and update. then only install the custom content that you really, really need.
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by BAIN

delete the UT3 game data and reinstall the game, patch and update. then only install the custom content that you really, really need.
pretty sure he did that but it doesnt remove the custom maps.  i think he said he deleted everything ut3 related on the dashboard but im pretty sure that doesnt delete the mods, i think that has to be done in game... again im not for sure but in anycase it didnt fix the problem
 Post Reply Post Reply