| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ATTN: GoW members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATTN: GoW members
    Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:51am
Dear GoW members of this forum,

I need to get in touch with some of the old GoW members. I know they are very knowledgeable regarding maps/mutators/servers and I have questions I need to ask them, mainly regarding UT3 PC/PS3 compatibility issues.

Unfortunately GoW forums doesn't seem to allow New User registration so I can't post. I did manage to track down some of their accounts on Epic Forums but I don't think they check their inbox too often over there (Last user activity: ~2009). I am therefore requesting your assistance in reaching them.

Pls help me contact PacerX, Sanch3z, Nootsac. 

Their emails or forums they frequent will do fine. U can send me the contact info in a PM of course.

Thanks for your help.

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:54am
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:31am
Your obsessed uber :/ lolol jks.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

www.ut3gow.com

The forum doesn't allow New User registration and I can't see any way to contact them on the site.

ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Your obsessed uber :/ lolol jks.

That I am!

I'm working on bringing the UT3 PS3 community more of what the PC scene has to offer. It's the least I can do for a game that has brought me so much enjoyment.

The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:11am
Lol he really is obsessed with getting this content into ps3;

- The thing that confuses me is; what you are doing, has already been done; there is literally 1000's of lins to ps3 content
- i must have 100+ maps for every gametype [maybe not so many for WAR]-
10 gametypes
3 or more full conversions
there is also available; 
1000's of characters
- weapons
and lots of other stuff.

-why are you finding so much trouble downloading?
- if you really want to i can SKYPE you all the PS3 content i have on my HDD.
- i suggest you do the same with everyone u can find and archive all of i; then host it on a website

- your enthusiasm is great; but its years too late
p.s. what is your server - and how i can i join it on ps3? 
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:46am
This has not "all been done before". It is still a relatively unexplord area on the PS3 platform.

Sure there's shtloads of custom content for PS3 available online. But have u ever wondered why there's no custom content on the servers? The issue regarding UT3 custom content is that barely any of it works on PS3 dedicated servers. I want to change this. That is why I reached out to you on the other forum asking for your assistance as you are a map author yourself.

The 2 maps I have on my server have been found to function properly after testing DOZENS of maps on the server. It has been very time consuming and taken a lot of effort.

I'm just trying to keep our community and scene alive. Unfortunately many people don't seem to understand that. They will say the game is dead, there's no point in doing this etc.

And that's exactly what evrone on here told me a few months ago but I went ahead and did it anyway. And regardless of how dead u think the scene is or what u think of AnarchyHalls, it was never available for PS3 but yet 100+ ppl downloaded it within 1 month and we've been playing on it every night lately, full server. Who even knew there were 100 active players still in our community? Maybe it's not as dead as most claim it to be.

/rant

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:41am
Noot, Pacer, Dakilla and Durgesic were the go to guys on that. If you can't get in touch with them on their website, send the message you want to my PM and I can send it to them. I'm still a member on their website but I don't know how often they still go on there. I have Noot and Pacer on my PSN list but its been months since they've been online. 
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:21pm
Thanks JP. I'm gonna see if I get any replies to these new messages I sent them on other forums. I'll get back to u if I can't reach em
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm
Duragesic and I created a few of the maps together and cooked other PC maps for the PS3. What is the information your looking to find???
ut3lve View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3lve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:05pm
all we need is da gow insane mod fck maps we just need dat baby on there mofos took away my special cookies! pay em 150 dollars for dat mod dat was the most serious sh1t ever! me cme bck for dat
success is not measured by what you have got     its measured by the sacrifices you made to get there
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:08pm
I enjoyed Pacer's Kamikaze Board myself..LOL and how you could link to each other boards for a ride. I think Epic should have added that mod
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:15pm
Hey ubernoob. If u can, please try to get the vctf map shoebox onto ps3 if possible.Another great map like this will bring UT3 ALIVEE

im tired.
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by RpZ-Xot1Cz

Hey ubernoob. If u can, please try to get the vctf map shoebox onto ps3 if possible.Another great map like this will bring UT3 ALIVEE

LOL! I knew u would reveal yourself after I baited u in the other thread. The troll in u is weak bc u care too much abt what others think of u my young padawan

ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:17pm
So u need to quit hating Rocky. Don't get c.ocky cuz u recently started winning duels by wearing ax720s and spamming corners. Until I see u do something else for the community other than sucking up to phantaci n penguin and trying to get everyone to like u, u aren't allowed to hate on what I'm doing for the scene mmmkay ?
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:31pm
Moving on.

In regards to mods on the server, I am considering adding some of that. Maybe not the GoW Matrix Moves and Kamikaze board stuff tho, I would imagine many ppl would complain that it is too big of a change from "pure" server.

BUT I'm looking into ways to eat the cake and keep it too. Stay tuned.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:57pm
Get the GOW Katana mod!!!!!!!!!!! Bain used to host Warfare matches with that ****! Destroy 10 orbs and you'll turn into "superman" the ability to fly around at high speeds with juggernaut. I forgot how long it lasts, but it was fun as hell!

Sorry bout not including you Warhore on the mod/map making team, I forgot that you were a part of that.

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:01am
BUT I'm looking into ways to eat the cake and keep it too. Stay tuned.
* Multiple Servers: maybe this will help you :
* Designed for variety [having your cake on one server; and another cake for other people :)]
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/620331-runing-more-than-1-ut3-server-on-a-dedicated-box
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26527

- there is another more recent thread but i cannot find it ATM.

- As for additional content; i have spoken to Eurechplayer and he should be able to check through any ps3 issues with 'x' amount of my content/  additional content

- When i have my PC i will try to get this uploaded to you; but some [of my older] content i really cannot be bothered with
- ill see what i can do ; but these links for multiple servers should help you

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply