FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Texas Fires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas Fires
    Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
i know there are a few people on here who live in TX and was wondering f anyone has been affected by them or know some1 who has.
whats the scene look like down there, just saw some pictures and its surreal, my old home was about half a mile from being in flames  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:44am
Thats why i haven't been able to be on alot :o My grandparents were told to leave there house which they didnt end up getting much after being rushed . There thinking they won't have a home :o But yea the fires up here are real bad atm . Hope whoever else lives in Texas thats close to the fires are safe .
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:51am
im reading now that the fires started in mine, and my grand parents city, may have been arson by 4 teenagers  Angry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 1:25am
it was a little smokey here in Dallas this morning. the wind was blowing some of the smoke in from east Texas. They had 21 fires burning out there this morning. not as bad as Bastrop though. that's a big fvcking fire. and there's one near Houston too. worst one year drought in Texas history.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 3:43am
well....cant b surprised when u get fire in the desert, there were 5 fires within 30mins of my house out here in CA yesterday, business as usual this time of year.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:11am
You guys need a hurricane
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:35am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

You guys need a hurricane

Hurricane Irene Lee (thanks SilverJ) whipped up some heavy winds, finally dropping our temp below 100 for the first time  in over 70 days. Not one drop of rain from it, day 110+ now without rain here.  All the hurricane did was make the fires spread more I think
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:45pm
Irene?  I thought that was Lee that made the fires worse, never doing a thing to help. (Well, Texas, that is.  It helped parts of Georgia a bit, before flooding them.)  Yeah, I still think a Hurricane (preferably, a big but not so strong one) could help, so as long as it directly hits Texas.  You need something that make it much further inland than Don, but not wipe out the coastal towns.

Until then, let's pray or keep hoping a frontal boundary actually feels like meandering further south or some of the monsoon a state or two spills over into Texas and hope the people in the path can get out safely.  Honestly, Mother Nature needs to stop teasing Texas already.
 Post Reply Post Reply