Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sony Swings Banhammer on PS3 Mod Chip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team GOML
Team GOML

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sony Swings Banhammer on PS3 Mod Chip
    Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:29pm
Sony has won the court case against the Australian PSjailbreak resellers (surprise surprise). It would seem, despite the PSjailbreak using no copyrighted code or anything like that, they didn't stand a chance against the corporate might of Sony.

This means that the PSjailbreak can't legally be sold in Australia, all stock held by OzModChips, ModSupplier, and Quantronics must be sent to Sony's lawyers by September 9th and the resellers are going to be made to pay damages to Sony (talk about bullying the little guys).
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 9:13pm
They knew that it was more than likely illegal or atleast cause some commotion.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 9:46pm
Yeah true, this is copied and pasted so this was someone's opinion and the news of it
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:49pm
How does it work? You just buy the device, dl ps3 games on to the device or a memory stick or something and play games from it right?

But where can you download these games. I think I can buy one,  but I will need to know where these games can be downloaded :O
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 12:16am
I will find that info for you, if you want.. I know a site that explains how to do this and stuff..
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:58am
yah sure that would be sweet :D!
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:18am
Enjoy the info I just gave you :)

Here is a youtube link i've found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TjbY-_qic&feature=sub the poster said there is no easy tut yet

And here is a Text tut by the founder of the site:

How to JailBreak a PlayStation 3

Requirements:
PlayStation 3 (on Firmware v3.41)
Blackcat USB
FLIP (Flexible In-System Programmer)
PSGroove Teensy v1.0 hex file & Manager.PKG: http://bit.ly/aIsKOW
A decent size external HDD (you'll be storing PS3 games, so 500GB or bigger would be ideal)
A PlayStation 3 game (original disc, anything you bought from a store will do)

1) Put the Blackcat USB in DFU mode by flipping both switches on the board to the 1 and 2 positions.

2) Push the button on the board, plug the board into a USB slot on your PC, and look at "Device Manager" (on your PC). If it shows up as "AT90USB162", you're in DFU mode.

3) Open FLIP; select target device "AT90USB162".

4) Now go into "Settings". Select a communication medium. Choose "USB". Your Blackcats' USB device info should show up.

5) Go to "File", hit "Load Hex File", and choose the Teensy v1.0 hex file.

6) Erase, blank check it, and write the hex file onto the chip.

7) Hit the verify button to make sure it went through okay. If it did go okay, click the "Start Application" button.

8) Load the "Manager.PKG" onto the external drive (make sure this drive is formatted in FAT32).

9) Go to your PS3 and do a complete power cycle (turn off the system completely with switch on the back).

10) Plug in your Blackcat USB device (into the PS3), turn on the power switch in the back of your PS3.

11) Power on your PS3. Hit the eject button immediately (this is the part most people mess up).

12) If you did it right, you will have two folders on your XMB. One that says "Install Package Files" and another "/app_home/PS3_GAME/".

13) Plug in your USB drive with the Manager.pkg file. You should now see it in the "Install Package Files" folder. Run it. You should now have Package Manager installed.

14) Install your original PS3 game and run Package Manager. It will ask you whether you want to load it or back it up. Back it up.

15) After a few minutes you'll have a copy of the game showing up. Select it and it will load it to the XMB menu.

16) Hit the game icon and play.
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:23pm
1) Do all the above.
2) Go to Blockbuster, rent video game, transfer to ps3.
3) Be nervous if Sony catches you.
                     or
1) Get a job.
2) Buy game.
3) Have actual copy, not worry, happy you supported a hobby of yours, while helping to secure future endeavors of said hobby.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:19pm
^sounds too complicated
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:01pm
why do sony have 2 be gay!!
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
 Post Reply Post Reply