| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Starcraft 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starcraft 2
    Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:50am
Just wanted to know if anyone was planning on picking up Starcraft 2 when it comes out in a few weeks. I encourage everyone to check it out because it's one of the best games I have played in a long time. If anyone either has the beta now or plans on getting the game hit me up, I will be more than willing to help out any new players as well.  This game is ultra competitive and extremely fun so it appeals to just about everyone.

Check out this youtube channel to get an idea of what the game is like: http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
willisasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willisasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 6:36pm
i plan on picking it up but i never played starcraft 1 so i will be a tough transition
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:07am
I was ADDICTED to StarCraft back in the day, so much that I still remember.."Goliath Online" "ghost ready" "battle cruiser operational" "svu good to go, sir" yeaaah im a nerd, but my PC is a piece of crap and wont be able to play StarCraft2.. so I'll have to wait for a better PC... so jealous.
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:15am
Originally posted by willisasmith

i plan on picking it up but i never played starcraft 1 so i will be a tough transition

I never played the original either, I was more of an Age of Empires guy. It's honestly not that difficult to pick up. I'm not very good at the game, but it is still extremely fun to play. Easiest way to get up to speed would be to check out that you tube channel I linked, just watching a few videos helped me out tremendously.
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:59pm
Yea dude, I am probably going to have to wait a while, but I will most get this game eventually. The campaign and story looks sick, and so does the multiplayer. The map editor looks like it has limitless potential. That game is going to be legendary not doubt in my mind.

Zealot and High Templar were the freaking coolest in SC1. I will never forger those voices.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Helscream

Yea dude, I am probably going to have to wait a while, but I will most get this game eventually. The campaign and story looks sick, and so does the multiplayer. The map editor looks like it has limitless potential. That game is going to be legendary not doubt in my mind.

Zealot and High Templar were the freaking coolest in SC1. I will never forger those voices.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Dude I play protoss almost exclusively, they are insanely fun to play. Psystorm=destruction
willisasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willisasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Originally posted by willisasmith

I never played the original either, I was more of an Age of Empires guy. It's honestly not that difficult to pick up. I'm not very good at the game, but it is still extremely fun to play. Easiest way to get up to speed would be to check out that you tube channel I linked, just watching a few videos helped me out tremendously.
i got a friend who is a beast at starcraft so he said he would teach me wht i need to know
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:45pm
I've never heard of this or played it but saw the commercial for it and got a little curious to check it out.. I read that the Beta ended, is there going to be any demo or some sort? I want to test it out before I ensure I want to purchase it.
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 11:56pm
Unfortunately the beta won't be coming back and I'm not sure if they will have a demo or not.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:51am
i played starcraft1 for like 2 years lol. i loved that game. i watched my little bro play the starcraft2 beta but my computer sucks so bad that i don't even want to bother trying to play it. my buddy is going to help me build my own computer but i don't know when i plan on doing that.

trendy, when you start getting into starcraft try to stay away from the money maps. that's what all the noobs play haha. all the pros play the blizzard maps or the ladder.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:57am
i had the first one at launch.. going to get the 2nd one at launch aswell.

my video card has been overheating and making quakelive extremely stuttery as of late, i checked the temps and it was going over 80 degrees during usage.. so i ordered a new video card last week just got it yesterday.. it should more then handle starcraft 2. oh yea and i overclocked my cpu aswell , im running a quad core @ 2.2ghz, but starcraft suggests a 2.5ghz cpu so i overclocked it to 2.5 its been stable for a few days.. could probably overclock it mugh higher if i wanted to
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 12:10pm
Would like to play it, but would hate to get called a PC Nerd.  Weirder sh1t has happen!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 12:28pm
that probably wouldnt be to wierd if someone called you that.

to me its all about moderation, people who play video games every day for hours are what i would call a geek, and i would assume most would assume they are a geek.

i personally cant stand playing multiple hours of a game at a time, and 30 minutes of a game a night or every other night works great for me.

starcraft is a game that can take 20-30-60 minutes a match.. so with starcraft 2 ill probably play 1 match a day, or a few matches a week.. depends on how much i like it. but there is a big difference between an hour a week and the people who play 4-5 hours a day, like yourself :)

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

to me its all about moderation, people who play video games every day for hours are what i would call a geek, and i would assume most would assume they are a geek.

i personally cant stand playing multiple hours of a game at a time, and 30 minutes of a game a night or every other night works great for me.

starcraft is a game that can take 20-30-60 minutes a match.. so with starcraft 2 ill probably play 1 match a day, or a few matches a week.. depends on how much i like it. but there is a big difference between an hour a week and the people who play 4-5 hours a day, like yourself :)

Well, glad I don't play 4-5 hours a day. 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Originally posted by Deadaim

Well, glad I don't play 4-5 hours a day. 

good... a fellow believer in moderation
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 1:54pm
lol not again.. I'm going to have to split you guys up here soon.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

i played starcraft1 for like 2 years lol. i loved that game. i watched my little bro play the starcraft2 beta but my computer sucks so bad that i don't even want to bother trying to play it. my buddy is going to help me build my own computer but i don't know when i plan on doing that.

trendy, when you start getting into starcraft try to stay away from the money maps. that's what all the noobs play haha. all the pros play the blizzard maps or the ladder.

Don't worry about that, I always follow the competitive scene in every game i pick up.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:28am
just went over to walmart and grabbed a few copies of this, looking forward to giving it a go tonight.. i just bought my girl a brand new laptop that will be delivered today.. so while shes busy playing with that i should have free time to game :)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:34am
yo deadaim, im picking mine up a little later today. PM me on here if you want to get some games in tonight.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

yo deadaim, im picking mine up a little later today. PM me on here if you want to get some games in tonight.

yea def down to play.. we could get some 2v2s in on battle net..
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:36am
it comes with a few extra keys for 7-day accts.. basically you can play 7 hours or 7 days time of starcraft 2 for free. If anyone is on the fence on the game and wants to try it out send me a PM, if i still have keys availble you can have one
 Post Reply Post Reply