Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HD recording Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD recording Equipment
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:31am
does anyone know much about it? i cannot play in SD, ive tryed and just cant aim and it looks horrible so i need to buy some HD recording stuff coz i wanna record some UT3 and MW2. some links to some good equipment that isnt to exspensive would be great if you dont mind helping

thanks
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:59am
This is the one most people use:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/7791395/Hauppauge-01228-HD-PVR-High-Definition-Video-Recorder/Product.html

Pretty expensive though - £170 instead of Dazzle which costs £35 so it's easy to see why most people go for Dazzle.

I know what you mean though, playing in SD is horrible and I always do worse when I'm recording than when I'm playing in HD. I've also read that you need a pretty powerful computer to record / play in HD without lag, worth bearing in mind.

There's also this which seems to be about £130 most places, only ever seen a few people who use this though, don't know anything about it:
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 9:44am
I'm interrested about that. because the dazzle quality really su.ck.
Price isn't a problem i've my lil job btw school and ut3 :D

I play on the ASUS VK222. I've one DVI port (using for my PC) one HDMI port (using for my Ps3) and one VGA port (not use).

Jake, this type of recorder working like that :

PS3 --> RECORDER [HDMI]
RECORDER --> PC [USB]
RECORDER --> TV [HDMI]

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 10:32am
I'm not sure if the BlackMagic's Intensity products are compatible with PS3, 360 etc. I would send them an email enquiry first of all. There are lots of issues with capture cards especially with consoles so b cautious. Dazzle works - period. Its reasonably priced and its external so hassle free, just plug'n play. IDK about the quality (often down to codecs and your settings for compression/capture) but it should b OK for 640x480 capture sizes. 

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:00am
This guy says he uses Blackmagic Intesity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz9oq-JD8PM
If you wanna test the quality.

I don't know exactly how it works Dragov, I just use Dazzle. I can afford a HD PVR but it seems pointless unless you have loads of subs. Bit of a waste of money imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply