Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

this is why i got a ps3.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: this is why i got a ps3.
    Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:32pm
http://kotaku.com/5350396/playstation-networks-typical-user-is-28-male-educated-moneyed

alot better then playing with hordes and hordes of whiney 12 yr olds
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 2:17am
Weird. Maybe there's a lot of people who just wanted the blu ray?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 5:18am
I'm 24, have a 2.1 degree and good education... why did I buy this over the 360?

Firstly I've always loved Sony, its the console I grew up with alongside the Ninento ranges.

Secondly the Blu Ray was huge even though I never use it now!

Thirdly its a one off payment, I don't/didn't really want to be paying for online gaming annually.

Could probably name several other reasons but I believe the Xbox is a console for younger people, hard to explain why but maybe in 10 years their main target audience will be 28 year old males too.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:32am
I'm 43, a high school drop out and no further education.  Started a couple of businesses that were successful enough to make work optional and at 36, I opted out.

There were many reasons I bought the PS3.  I had an XBox, but it sucked so bad and I had to pay an annual fee, I eventually gave it to a kid down the street for pulling weeds in my garden.

1.  Wanted the BlueRay player (comparably priced to stand alone units)
2.  The game titles were more to my liking
3   Fell for the 1080p
4.  Sexy design
5.  Free online gaming network
6.  I was bored out of my mind for something to do.
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:59am

Some reasons for me buying the PS3 is that you don't have to pay for online play unlike the 360 and the fact that most people i know who have the 360 have had the 'red ring of death' or whatever they call it.  Whereas the PS3 has been more reliable even though some people on this site have had problems.

all roun nice guy lol.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:01am

the free online gaming is a big bonus, blu-ray player was a big selling point when i bought my launch console.. i just dont like paying 30 dollars for a movie.

and ive always considered sony games more of a "console" gaming experience, and xbox more of a washed down pc game experience, but with the way developing has gone most games are now developed for the console before or at the same time as their PC counterpart.. i still think the PC is better due to superior graphics and framerates

but you just cant get a god of war, or ratchet and clank type experience on the PC, where as most of the big games for xbox you certaintly can get those type of games on pc
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Deadaim

http://kotaku.com/5350396/playstation-networks-typical-user-is-28-male-educated-moneyed

alot better then playing with hordes and hordes of whiney 12 yr olds
i take this as offensive im 13
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:29am
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

I'm 43, a high school drop out and no further education.  Started a couple of businesses that were successful enough to make work optional and at 36, I opted out.

There were many reasons I bought the PS3.  I had an XBox, but it sucked so bad and I had to pay an annual fee, I eventually gave it to a kid down the street for pulling weeds in my garden.

1.  Wanted the BlueRay player (comparably priced to stand alone units)
2.  The game titles were more to my liking
3   Fell for the 1080p
4.  Sexy design
5.  Free online gaming network
6.  I was bored out of my mind for something to do.

i agree totally aqua the main reason i got it cause i thought it would be stupid to be paying for my internet and then paying for another type of internet with the Xbox. plus i wanted to keep playing the new FF's, God of Wars, and anything else sony came out with, cause sony is the best
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:31am
qwest, sorry if i offended you.. there is nothing wrong with being 13, i dont dislike people because they arent my age, i just enjoy the fact that my consoles average user is the same age as me as opposed to half my age.

some people mature diffrently then others but maturity is a process.. and alot of kids @ the age of 12 arent far along in that process and i just dont wanna deal with that level of maturity.. although mine isnt much better so maybe im a hypocrite ;)

ive ran into a bunch of younger people in ut3 (yourself included) that played the game great, used the mic well, and were plenty mature.. so it surely doesnt apply to all

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:38am
Lol I'm drokun,18, like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners.
My reasons for wanting a Ps3 are that the games seemed fun.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:01am
I got the ps3 cause the only system i enjoyed playing before that was the ps2.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Deadaim

<FONT style=": #000000">qwest, sorry if i offended you.. there is nothing wrong with being 13, i dont dislike people because they arent my age, i just enjoy the fact that my consoles average user is the same age as me as opposed to half my age.
<FONT style=": #000000"> 
<FONT style=": #000000">some people mature diffrently then others but maturity is a process.. and alot of kids @ the age of 12 arent far along in that process and i just dont wanna deal with that level of maturity.. although mine isnt much better so maybe im a hypocrite ;)
<FONT style=": #000000"> 
<FONT style=": #000000">ive ran into a bunch of younger people in ut3 (yourself included) that played the game great, used the mic well, and were plenty mature.. so it surely doesnt apply to all

i was just kidding usually if u see an emoticon im just kidding i just wanted 2 see if u would apologize *MWAAAAAAA HA HA MY DIABOLICAL PLAN WORK*
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Drokun

Lol I'm drokun,18, like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners.
THIS is eHARMONY *thinks DAMNIT wrong place well while im here......* im qwest, 13 & im straight
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:33am
I got it for the gaming in 1080P.  Free online play.  Internet browser on my TV, thats nice.  Media server to my home PC, now that is a biggy for me.  Streaming movies I've stolen I mean downloaded on my PC, watching em on the big screen.  
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:49am
i got it cause my then girl got it for me once she did i had a new love
she got kicked to the kirb shortly
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 1:08pm
I quite simply got it because I wasn't sure about the Wii (and it wasn't in stock anywhere I looked) and I didn't want to pay for something that's/ that was free on the PS3/ PS2.  I honestly don't see a point in charging for internet, unless maybe it's the game developers themselves.  If so, then you'd at least would have the option of not buying their game.  I also didn't want a 360 because the RROD stories were practically everywhere, when I got my PS3 and I wanted R&CF: Tools of Destruction.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:16pm
Three reasons why I got a PS3:

1. Free online gaming
2. Playing games in Hi Def
3. I gotta get my God of War 3 baby
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 4:08am
I got a PS3 when my 360 fkd up with RROD. Also the tray kept on sticking and the damn thing kept on trashing my PES, Ghost Recon disks. I was attracted by Blue Ray so I bought a 42" Panasonic plasma screen and Panasonic DVD-R with Hard Drive - bartered the package and saved £350.
I wanted greater reliability
I wanted Pirates Of the Caribbean on BR
I wanted UT3 - exclusive to PS3 at the time
I wanted free online multiplayer servers
I wanted a gaming experience that was more mature
I wanted a system that was wireless
I wanted a quieter console
I wanted a sleek black console
I wanted innovation
I wanted internet access via a console
I wanted a bigger hard drive (initially)
I got it all with the PS3 imo but you know I still went and traded my old 360 for an Elite bec Microsoft wanted me to pay £60 for extended warranty to get it fixed. I traded and paid £102 and got an Elite - 120GB HD and HD 1080 plus a new controller - all in a nice black design and its much quieter than my 1st Ed 360 so I'm happy. If my kids are playing LBP im on 360 doing PES09 or UT3 if they wanna play Burnout Paradise or Halo series I can play UT3. Its the best solution for me when I wanna pick up and play I can. 
Ive even considered buying a slimline PS3 as a Blue Ray/DVD player for my living room cos I really don't like moving my unit around. With a 120 GB HD at £250 and you get wireless connection to the Internet = death of DVD-R units soon. How can people NOT choose PS3 now?

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

How can people NOT choose PS3 now?

They were never smart about the quality of PS3 has to offer and TOO B*TCHIN ABOUT THE PRICE BACK THEN!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:40am
My fanboy detection sense is tingling.
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Drokun

My fanboy detection sense is tingling.

Killzone 2 is technologically superior on many levels than just graphics when stood up against Xbox 360 titles. No...that's no fanboyism. That is fact. Now what IS fanbodyism is how ridiculous gear's of war and CoD fan's seem to the those medicore title's have anything to compete against Killzone 2. That is fanboyism.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 8:50pm
Bought it for the blueray. And it's a Sony.
SHINOBI View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote SHINOBI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:23am
I bought it because of backwards compatibility and Tekken 5 DR online play
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 8:04am
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Three reasons why I got a PS3:

1. Free online gaming
2. Playing games in Hi Def
3. I gotta get my God of War 3 baby

WOOOOO!!!! God of War 3!!

God of War 3, Unreal Tournament 3, Final Fantasy 13, and Gran Turismo 5 are the reasons I bought my Playstation.  I mean I reserved my copies of God of War and Grand Turismo two years ago, the day I bought my PS3, to make sure I'd get a copy of them the day they come out.  2010 needs to hurry up and arrive so I can get my fix.  I've been waiting years for these games to come out.  When I bought it I didn't know anything about the features such as the BluRay player, Bluetooth compatability, or the online gaming because I had never played online with other people before PS3, just with my friends on lan or split screen. I found out all the details afterwards because my friend was reading the box.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 9:54am
I really bought PS3 because of previously owning a PS1 and PS2. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and a Gran Turismo attic.

I didn't buy the PS3 for any reason other then I knew I'd never settle for a Xbox or the Wii for that matter. But yes I'm so waiting on Gran Turismo 5. Sometimes I get so hyped up I find myself playing 3 and 4 just waiting impatiently.

Also I have the original 60 gig so at the time I got my PS3 I kid you not there was 12 games Best Buy was carrying for PS3, at first I was worried cause this was the time where SONY was pushing the PS3 and Blu Ray hard, just as they did with those small beta tapes that were the same as VCR tapes but smaller and a lot better. Well SONY had pushed that and the public just said no. I found that SONY was in that position again with Blu Ray, was this gonna be another another attempt to failure???

So I went ahead and bought it and dealt with the small selection of games compared to 360 at the time. Within 6 months later Wal Mart had announced there was no reason to carry both Blu Ray and HD movies. So Wal Mart announced they were going with Blu Ray which officially kicked off from there and left Toshiba throwing in the towel.

But anyways there's so many reasons why I didn't want Xbox I can't even count.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
 Post Reply Post Reply